The Queen of the South thread

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

In order of decreasing snootyness I'd suggest:

Waitrose -> Sainsbury's -> Tesco ->Morrisons -> Aldi/Lidl

Don't think there's a Waitrose or Sainsbury's in Dumfries though (I could be wrong).

You are spot , this would be my ranking too , Surprised thier isn't  a  waitrose or Sainsbury's all things considered  (tory voters ) .

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I just love the idea that they'd be up the town for any reason :lol:

Probably popped into town on their way to Tesco to get Wullie's weekly shop for him.

Don't forget that some well meaning loonies think Dumfries should have been granted city status 🤣

47 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Wot  ALDI's is Snooty   🙂

It certainly is in this town. The carpark full of flash cars shopping in our 'scumbag' shops. Same with Lidl. Some right snooty fuckers in there when I do my shopping. 

14 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Dunno there. I'd put Morrisons above Tesco.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Me too.

I'll bow to your judgement there guys.  To be fair I'm probably judging this on the East Kilbride Morrisons and I suspect that the Dumfries Morrisons is a notch above the EK version (a wee while since I've been in the Dumfries version).  Feck, just realised I forgot to include Asda (probably on a level with Tesco but not in Dumfries anyway - I think).

This a fitba forum, aye ... ? 🙂

6 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Very true.

Seriously though, I don't envy any BOD the task of sifting through candidates to appoint a manager who might conceivably know what he's doing at this level.

Their past record at this suggests they would end up sooking their own thumbs,  if they fell into a bucket of breasts. 

6 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Like many sorry to see Willie go but results and the impending court case made it relatively easy for the BOD. At least they've taken action and did not hang on like they did with AJ. Sad fact of the matter any manager we appoint who does well wont last long as someone else will snap him up. No one has mentioned Tam Courts, ex Dundee Utd and Honved, he's out of a job and might just fancy swapping the Danube for the Nith!

Must admit thought Willie would have done a decent job as manager, he certainly looked after himself as a player. What/Who is involved in the court case mentioned>

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It certainly is in this town. The carpark full of flash cars shopping in our 'scumbag' shops. Same with Lidl. Some right snooty fuckers in there when I do my shopping. 

Well the Alloa one is............well its in Alloa .nuf said 

12 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Must admit thought Willie would have done a decent job as manager, he certainly looked after himself as a player. What/Who is involved in the court case mentioned>

The newspaper article further up has pretty much explained it. The rumour was he went in because his boy was refused an energy drink and kicked off with some fella, using "racially aggravated" language into the bargain, unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The newspaper article further up has pretty much explained it. The rumour was he went in because his boy was refused an energy drink and kicked off with some fella, using "racially aggravated" language into the bargain, unfortunately. 

Did not see the article. Sorry to hear about it although Willie was a good player & knew it thought he would have had more sense than get involved

1 hour ago, strichener said:

You did watch him when he played for us?  Level headed he wasn't.

Oor Wullie's always had a short fuse ... from way back in his early days with us first time around.

5 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Oor Wullie's always had a short fuse ... from way back in his early days with us first time around.

An edit from Wiki, 2012.

Falkirk

On 31 January 2012 STV reported on their website that Gibson had signed for Falkirk. This was not officially confirmed until 2 February 2012 when the club announced they had signed Gibson until the end of the season. He then made his debut against Greenock Morton at Cappielow on 11 February 2012 after coming on as a substitute. He scored his first goal against his former club Queens in the 36th minute on 25 February 2012 with an absolute screamer.[9]

Willie Gibson stormed out of the Falkirk Stadium after being substituted on 21st February 2012 and 'stormed home in his Peugeot 306, Falkirk manager Steven Pressley advised Willie 'would never play for Falkirk again for being 'a wee petulant fanny'. 'ohhhhhhhhh willie gibson. used to be a fifer and hes still one now'. [10]