The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

using "racially aggravated" language into the bargain, unfortunately. 

That's the absolute killer for him,    His ability to loose his shit has never been in question.    Had he just been kicked out of tesco it wouldn't be in court and nor would anyone in football pay much attention.   Bringing racism into it makes it very difficult to shrug off.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

An edit from Wiki, 2012.

Yep, as in ... really talented Scottish fitba player who struggled to control his temperament ... not an entirely unfamiliar scenario to be fair; talent alas often doesn't come on its own.

Gibson should never have been given the job in the first place.  By all accounts he was doing very well in his role as reserve manager, and was clearly a standout player at Championship level something you would expect to have continued a league down.  He also did absolutely nothing in his spell at the end of last season to suggest he was the man for the job.

So once again the negligence of the board to carry out a proper recruitment process has cost the club dearly.  Except on this occasion they have lost a manager, reserve manager and arguably the club's best player in one foul swoop.

They have been saved to a degree by Gibson's own idiotic actions in the "incident".  They had no choice but to cut all ties when that story broke and for once have acted correctly and swiftly.

They absolutely have to get the next appointment right, but I doubt anyone that has followed the club in recent times has any confidence in them doing this.  If the inevitable happens and they appoint Murray it will confirm that they have lost all interest in running the club and are coasting along with no direction at all.

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

Wonder if Murray will do anything different tonight like start Connelly upfront instead of Reilly. Or is he just going to give us the same as our previous manager. Is it our week to play well I have lost track 

It's an away game which usually means we play a bit less shit.

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

Wonder if Murray will do anything different tonight like start Connelly upfront instead of Reilly. Or is he just going to give us the same as our previous manager. Is it our week to play well I have lost track 

Ideally drop his invisible namesake as well for McKechnie. 

3 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Think Gavin has a flu virus and won’t start. 

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Gibson should never have been given the job in the first place.  By all accounts he was doing very well in his role as reserve manager, and was clearly a standout player at Championship level something you would expect to have continued a league down.  He also did absolutely nothing in his spell at the end of last season to suggest he was the man for the job.

So once again the negligence of the board to carry out a proper recruitment process has cost the club dearly.  Except on this occasion they have lost a manager, reserve manager and arguably the club's best player in one foul swoop.

They have been saved to a degree by Gibson's own idiotic actions in the "incident".  They had no choice but to cut all ties when that story broke and for once have acted correctly and swiftly.

They absolutely have to get the next appointment right, but I doubt anyone that has followed the club in recent times has any confidence in them doing this.  If the inevitable happens and they appoint Murray it will confirm that they have lost all interest in running the club and are coasting along with no direction at all.

Agree. 

It was always going to end badly. Could see the way it was going from who he was signing. 

I lost faith with this board a long time ago but this will be the test now. 

Can almost guarantee if we win the next two Murray will get it. 

20 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Agree. 

It was always going to end badly. Could see the way it was going from who he was signing. 

I lost faith with this board a long time ago but this will be the test now. 

Can almost guarantee if we win the next two Murray will get it. 

Murray gets it and am chucking it. Season ticket getting binned

4 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

It's a bit of an urban myth that he was doing a sterling job as reserve manager.

His record managing in the reserve league and cup was won 1 drawn 2 lost 8, including a five game run without scoring.

Basically he was a slight improvement on Eddie Warwick, but that's not exactly a very high bar to meet.

1 hour ago, nomad said:

Less than 48 hours after the WG announcement, half season tickets are on sale. Wow. Am sure some will say reality check needed. Timing is everything. Is this being filmed for a reality series???

To be fair, the sale of the half season books does have to come ahead of the second half of the season...

On 22/12/2022 at 18:26, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Dunno there. I'd put Morrisons above Tesco.

Another melt down that wont be resolved quickly in terms of WG replacement. So with no answers will turn tae the debate that matters! Where does the very northern Englandshire Booths supermarket stand. I would put them in with Waitrose. Cumbria and Lancashire number fur thaim that dinnae ken!