The Queen of the South thread

4 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

What officials have we got? Dan and the guy who reads out the team line-ups?

C'mon "Alex" ... check your avatar ... you've missed out our main man ... Dougie the Doonhamer!

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I do love the rumours when we lose a manager ...

It's fair cheered me up tbf.  I mean it's much more fun than endlessly debating which permutation of our defenders might potentially be able to compete against the forward lines of teams in 8th, 9th and 10th places in the third tier ...

Edit - of course the enthusiasm will be utterly flattened when the reality of the eventual uninspiring appointee hits home.

Edited by Otis Blue

4 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Aye where is Doogie these days? Saw him on social visiting kids in hospital. Didn't see the big guy on Saturday.

He was decapitated and lying behind the counter in the club shop the other day. Hope he makes a swift recovery. 

16 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, brilliant ... maybe Ian (laptop) Cathro will join the rumours eventually too - although I think we're safe there as he's enjoying big bucks out in Saudi having followed Nuno Espirito Santo there from Wolves ... 😂

What about another man with Hearts connections, Craig Levein.

A wee cheeky 4-6-0 against every team above us in the league.

5 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

What about another man with Hearts connections, Craig Levein.

A wee cheeky 4-6-0 against every team above us in the league.

Oh aye, I'd forgotten about Levein ... did he not help out his pals at Brechin a few months back?  Anyway, you'd think he'd now have realised that its a lot easier picking up a few bob here and there doing media pundit spots than trying to put a decent fitba team on a park on a budget of peanuts.  He'd probably sort out our defence though.

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Oh aye, I'd forgotten about Levein ... did he not help out his pals at Brechin a few months back?  Anyway, you'd think he'd now have realised that its a lot easier picking up a few bob here and there doing media pundit spots than trying to put a decent fitba team on a park on a budget of peanuts.  He'd probably sort out our defence though.

He'd probably be able to improve the defence by simply slotting himself in there.

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Dougie Doonhamer and Kevin Groundsman might do a better job of appointing our next Manager.

Very true.

Seriously though, I don't envy any BOD the task of sifting through candidates to appoint a manager who might conceivably know what he's doing at this level.

Like many sorry to see Willie go but results and the impending court case made it relatively easy for the BOD. At least they've taken action and did not hang on like they did with AJ. Sad fact of the matter any manager we appoint who does well wont last long as someone else will snap him up. No one has mentioned Tam Courts, ex Dundee Utd and Honved, he's out of a job and might just fancy swapping the Danube for the Nith!

13 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

No one has mentioned Tam Courts, ex Dundee Utd and Honved, he's out of a job and might just fancy swapping the Danube for the Nith!

Check back a couple of pages ...

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Being bored of the usual list of candidates touted, and trying some blue sky thinking - a name not being mentioned (and probably a very very long shot tbf) - that Tam Courts fella is back from Hungary and kicking his heels.  He took United to 4th in the top league before trying the Honved gig (was always going to be a very risky/short lived venture that).  Now the obvious view will be that we are now far too lowly for him to consider ... but he's someone who needs to boost his CV again if he's going to get another gig amongst the big boys.  He was only an academy coach at United before being promoted to the top job, so just maybe he'd tolerate a lower income/budget for a spell to demonstrate his capabilities again and resurrect his stalled career - might be a win-win for both parties?  Now, I have to admit I've no idea what he's like as a manager - would need some of our P&B Arab friends to enlighten us on that score.

Knowing Queens of course, as others have said, we'll probably take our usual simple route of just promoting Grant Murray.