The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

However, a complete horror show and relegation isn't out of the question either. Should be some ride this.

That's too wild for me. We're only a few points ahead of you but I cannot see any of us going down the drain that hard although to caveat that we almost did it in 2013/14 when Paul Hartley resigned.

11 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

... However, a complete horror show and relegation isn't out of the question either ...

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

That's too wild for me. We're only a few points ahead of you but I cannot see any of us going down the drain that hard ...

Aye, but this is QOS we're talking about here.

5 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Hartley would probably be my pick of the options that come to mind immediately. 

First realistic opportunity that he might consider since returning from Hartlepool. His family are based in Aberdeen and didn't move to Hartlepool, was never their intention I heard. Interesting to see who QoS appoint.

Was hoping we'd swap McIntyre for Hartley at some point but unlikely before end of season 

Good luck with the new manager appointment 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Names floating about already. Kevin Thomson, John Hughes, Jack Ross, Stephen Dobbie, Peter Murphy, Danny Lennon, Barry(haha) Ferguson, Alan Archibald, Paul Hartley to name but a few. Personally if he was willing to take it I would say Kevin Thomson but the dream would be Sir Stephen but would he tarnish or enhance his reputation with us. 

1 minute ago, Manwithnoball said:

Names floating about already. Kevin Thomson, John Hughes, Jack Ross, Stephen Dobbie, Peter Murphy, Danny Lennon, Barry(haha) Ferguson, Alan Archibald, Paul Hartley to name but a few. Personally if he was willing to take it I would say Kevin Thomson but the dream would be Sir Stephen but would he tarnish or enhance his reputation with us. 

The Relegator

20 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

He would. Contract dependent, but could be misconduct if he didn't advise them at the time.

You'd imagine, though, that if the club found out for the first time via yesterday's Standard, that could be worthy of dismissal. 

Yes, dismissal for them.

If the board only found out yesterday,  they really are living on a different planet. I am sure it was mentioned on here at the time. 

3 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Kevin Thomson has done absolutely nothing in management. I’d be seriously underwhelmed if he gets it. 

5 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

This surely requires a separate thread and a poll. 

6 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Kevin Thomson has done absolutely nothing in management. I’d be seriously underwhelmed if he gets it. 

Neil McCann would ideally be my pick for who’s out of work but could never see him being interested in it

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It was a warning.

You are the harbinger of doom. The thought of John Hughes getting the job should strike fear into the heart of all Queens fans. 

2 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Neil McCann would ideally be my pick for who’s out of work but could never see him being interested in it

Not a bad shout but McCann's probably figured out by now that being a media pundit is a lot less hassle.