The Queen of the South thread

9 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

No manager is going to come in with Murray as number 2, they’ll want their own assistant surely

If Murray isn't given it until the end of the season I'll be gobsmacked. I think he's more likely going to be searching for an assistant rather than the BoD searching for a new manager. 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If Murray isn't given it until the end of the season I'll be gobsmacked. I think he's more likely going to be searching for an assistant rather than the BoD searching for a new manager. 

So depressing if so, he’s as much to blame as Wullie is, pay him off and start fresh

8 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Don’t know if I ever want dobbie to manage queens, would break my heart if he is pish and we would want him to get the sack

Aye very much this, would hate to see him tarnish his legend status by failing here on his first attempt.

Much as I love Dobbs, something tells me that he's maybe just too nice a guy to manage professional fitba players ... takes a robust no messing character I'd suggest ... especially at this level.

Shame about Gibson, we all hoped it would work out for him, but we all knew the risk involved.

The adverse personal publicity probably just made the BOD face the inevitable decision sooner than later.

43 minutes ago, Doonhamer98 said:

We've given chances to young managers over past decade, need someone with a bit of experience know who will know how to get the best out of this squad

Agreed.

Hewitson's statement that the decision over the sacking is purely results based doesn't wash at all given that results over the second quarter were an improvement on the first.

Had Wullie not been in court, his appearance being written about in the press and the fact it is going to trial I am 100% sure he would still be in the job tonight, especially given that he talked about having identified January signing targets in Saturday's post match interview which he would no doubt have discussed with the board.

Let's not pretend that this isn't all about damage limitation and protecting the reputation of the club.  If it was based on results and performance AJ would and should have been binned months before he got his jotters.

The board just can't bring themselves to reveal their real reasoning when making an important announcement and always leave more questions being asked than answered, can they?

Hope Murray isn't stinking the place out for too long.  I certainly wouldn't want him making our January signings?

Now this is very unusual. Normally we don’t sack the manager until we are up to our neck in the shit. As things stand,  we are only up to our ankles in it. A semi competent manager could get us into the play offs. 

I feel the off field shenanigans have forced the issue rather than just the poor results though. 

Time to crack open a can of Red bull -onwards and upwards! 

3 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Hewitson's statement that the decision over the sacking is purely results based doesn't wash at all given that results over the second quarter were an improvement on the first.

Had Wullie not been in court, his appearance being written about in the press and the fact it is going to trial I am 100% sure he would still be in the job tonight, especially given that he talked about having identified January signing targets in Saturday's post match interview which he would no doubt have discussed with the board.

Let's not pretend that this isn't all about damage limitation and protecting the reputation of the club.  If it was based on results and performance AJ would and should have been binned months before he got his jotters.

The board just can't bring themselves to reveal their real reasoning when making an important announcement and always leave more questions being asked than answered, can they?

Hope Murray isn't stinking the place out for too long.  I certainly wouldn't want him making our January signings?

2 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Now this is very unusual. Normally we don’t sack the manager until we are up to our neck in the shit. As things stand,  we are only up to our ankles in it. A semi competent manager could get us into the play offs. 

I feel the off field shenanigans have forced the issue rather than just the poor results though. 

Time to crack open a can of Red bull -onwards and upwards! 

I think it's pretty obvious that he's been sacked because of the off field accusation. But as I said yesterday, if they came out and said that then perhaps they could be in a bit of bother if it comes back "Not Guilty". I won't pretend to know anything regarding legality in this situation but I think "mutual consent" is the best outcome for both parties here. 

5 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Shame about Gibson, we all hoped it would work out for him, but we all knew the risk involved.

The adverse personal publicity probably just made the BOD face the inevitable decision sooner than later.

When I saw the publicity yesterday I thought he'd last until the verdict at least.

Practically 2nd-8th is still wide open and if you ended up in the playoffs with the strength of the league that's probably a realistic return... 

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

When I saw the publicity yesterday I thought he'd last until the verdict at least.

Practically 2nd-8th is still wide open and if you ended up in the playoffs with the strength of the league that's probably a realistic return... 

I suspect this was a decision that was brewing anyway due to the poor performance in the first half of the season but the adverse publicity/court case was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Agree with you that with a full half of the season still to play a promotion play off place should still be attainable. However, a complete horror show and relegation isn't out of the question either. Should be some ride this.

5 minutes ago, nomad said:

Would Mr Gibson not advise his employers at the time of the incident or indictment before it was revealed? 

He would. Contract dependent, but could be misconduct if he didn't advise them at the time.

You'd imagine, though, that if the club found out for the first time via yesterday's Standard, that could be worthy of dismissal.