The Queen of the South thread

7 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

From the OS in an October 2021 news item regarding the club's support for the Show Racism the Red Card campaign:

"Queen of the South stands with everyone who has had to endure racial prejudice in all areas of their lives. We condemn all forms of racism and any racist behaviour will not be tolerated at our club.

Club captain Wullie GIbson said, "There is no place for racism in today's modern society. As a multi-cultural club, we stand with everyone against racism and prejudice of any sort.""

Clearly if found guilty there would be rightly be no option but to sack him.

No chance he will get sacked before then either if there is a chance we can get rid of him for free

2 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Innocent until proven guilty yeh ? 

Don't think anyone's prejudging by pointing out an article in a newspaper. People will obviously have their own views on the matter. Being banned until the trial from entering the store where the incident allegedly took place doesn't exactly infer that there is no case to answer, and in itself is a kind of prejudgment by the court. 

Wullie has to go. The results this season alone are a sackable offence.  I'll suspend judgement on whether his actions were racially aggravated.  At the very least, he's created a scene and brought the club horrendous publicity.  Whatever you think of him as a player, his reign as manager has been a disaster. AJ was sacked because we were in danger of being relegated. Wullie relegated us and is set to guarantee another season of league 1 football. Where is the logic in keeping him?

12 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Wullie has to go. The results this season alone are a sackable offence.  I'll suspend judgement on whether his actions were racially aggravated.  At the very least, he's created a scene and brought the club horrendous publicity.  Whatever you think of him as a player, his reign as manager has been a disaster. AJ was sacked because we were in danger of being relegated. Wullie relegated us and is set to guarantee another season of league 1 football. Where is the logic in keeping him?

I agree WG isn't up to the task but you're deluded if you think our relegation last season was down to him. The damage was well and truly done before he took over. 

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I agree WG isn't up to the task but you're deluded if you think our relegation last season was down to him. The damage was well and truly done before he took over. 

AJ and the BoD are mostly to blame for last season's relegation. AJ should have been punted sooner and we should have recruited an experienced manager. There were a couple of games last season under WG where the players "chucked it". In the end, we were one goal away from the relegation playoffs. An experienced manager might have got more out of those players. That said, i'm judging Wullie based on this season with his players. Missing out on the play offs with our budget would be a disgrace.

6 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Innocent until proven guilty yeh ? 

Surely as someone who works in the public eye he has to be suspended until the matter is resolved. If a politician, teacher, doctor etc was accused of racism they wouldn't work again until the case is over

On Saturday, Kelty replaced their right-back with a centre-forward and beat us in the 2nd half. It seems to me on quite a few occasions this season we have been "out-managed" by more experienced managers noticing weaknesses in our team and changing things at half time.  I'm sure Wullie would improve with experience but do we have the luxury to give him that time?

1 hour ago, Biblemaster said:

On Saturday, Kelty replaced their right-back with a centre-forward and beat us in the 2nd half. It seems to me on quite a few occasions this season we have been "out-managed" by more experienced managers noticing weaknesses in our team and changing things at half time.  I'm sure Wullie would improve with experience but do we have the luxury to give him that time?

I'm not altogether sure he has worked out a plan a yet, let alone making tactical changes that will see a game out, let alone changing it.

I genuinely believe the BoD will be in a complete quandary as in what to do.  They sack him now and they will be accused of shooting before being found guilty/not guilty or they hang in there and have to go through the heightened press activity this will bring knocking at the door.

As to what's going on, on the pitch I'm afraid there isn't much that can't be placed at Wullies door.  My most frustrating issue is that he promised not to spend cash on an inflated squad, looking for quality over quantity...  The defence, I feel would sort itself out if they had any faith in a keeper behind them of which I am fully convinced.  

8 minutes ago, Baghdad_QoS said:

I genuinely believe the BoD will be in a complete quandary as in what to do.  They sack him now and they will be accused of shooting before being found guilty/not guilty or they hang in there and have to go through the heightened press activity this will bring knocking at the door.

As to what's going on, on the pitch I'm afraid there isn't much that can't be placed at Wullies door.  My most frustrating issue is that he promised not to spend cash on an inflated squad, looking for quality over quantity...  The defence, I feel would sort itself out if they had any faith in a keeper behind them of which I am fully convinced.  

Let’s not also forget the amount of times we have heard that he wants to take the game to the opposition and play attacking football. Can’t say I have seen much evidence of that tbh, we are naturally exciting to watch as we leak goals and have some strikers that are probably better than this level. I wouldn’t say we purposefully set out with an attacking style of play though. 

23 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

In defence of Wilson, whilst much of what you say is on the money, his injury record is why he's at Queens and not at a higher level.

There's a very good reason Wilson is playing in league one and it's not his mentality.

Wilson had a contract to play at a higher level for this season, but took the mercenary route instead.

Glad to see it's working out terrifically for all involved.

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

1 hour ago, Baghdad_QoS said:

He could be sacked on the grounds of his shite performance. If they want rid of him because of this publicity they can very well sack him and put it down to poor performances and he can have no arguments. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Wilson had a contract to play at a higher level for this season, but took the mercenary route instead.

First time I've ever heard a QoS player be referred to as a mercenary. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

If he had a contract there would have been a fee involved, I don't recall any talk of a transfer fee. Do you mean he had the offer of a contract at Morton? Given his injury problems so far this season you should be glad he took "the mercenary route", and I very much doubt Queens will be paying players a significant amount more cash than Morton anyway. Maybe he just preferred the clean fresh air in the Borders. 

1 minute ago, QoS99 said:

Wullie gone, Murray temporary charge. We all know how this is going to end up!

As expected in regards to the new boss. Can't say I rated Murray before he arrived so I'd be lying if I said I have fresh optimism. 

Sad way for Gibson to end his career with us and I'd imagine he's truly dirtied his ticket if he's found guilty. He might rock up at Clyde I suppose. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

As expected in regards to the new boss. Can't say I rated Murray before he arrived so I'd be lying if I said I have fresh optimism. 

Sad way for Gibson to end his career with us and I'd imagine he's truly dirtied his ticket if he's found guilty. He might rock up at Clyde I suppose. 

No manager is going to come in with Murray as number 2, they’ll want their own assistant surely