The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Morton drawn away to Celtic in the next round of the Scottish Cup. 

If we'd been in it we'd probably have been on a different number ball so maybe wouldn't have got the same draw. I might be wrong though. No good dwelling on what might have been imo. 

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If we'd been in it we'd probably have been on a different number ball so maybe wouldn't have got the same draw. I might be wrong though. No good dwelling on what might have been imo. 

You are correct. 

I wonder if McKechnie will be loaned out in January?  He seems to have fallen way down the pecking order and doesn't look like getting any game soon.  If he does go out on loan, hopefully it's to a L2 club and not to the usual suspects down Gretna or Dalbeattie way.

11 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If we'd beaten Morton and all other results had been the same we'd have had Partick Thistle's number and got a home tie against Dunfermline.

@19QOS19
Do you think we have played better the last 2 games. WG seems to have decided his best team and formation he wants to stick to. Hendrie will come in for Quitongo and I would imagine he would go same again. I agree with you we do not have anyone who is willing to get stuck in apart from Wilson. I thought we played well against Morton apart from last 10 minutes and I did not understand the substitutions if I am honest. Young Lewis might be injured for this week after WG interview but I don't know who he would play there(we know who should) as McKechnie was not even included in the squad on Saturday.  

Put the reply in here MWNB so it's not clogging the match thread. We definitely played well against Montrose. We didn't deserve to be 2 up of course but the second half we were excellent and comfortable even with 10 men. I can't comment on the Morton performance as I wasn't there but in all honesty results are all that matter for me now. I'm long past the stage of "aye we got beat but we played well". Give me "we were shite but we got the 3 points". We're far enough into the season that WG should know his best side and be getting some kind of consistency from them but we're nowhere near it. Results like Montrose are more surprising than a regularity unfortunately. We really need to start getting a run of games together (that don't include the two cannon fodder sides at the bottom) if we have any hope of a Top 4. But there's been no evidence to suggest it'll happen.

I wonder if McKechnie will be loaned out in January?  He seems to have fallen way down the pecking order and doesn't look like getting any game soon.  If he does go out on loan, hopefully it's to a L2 club and not to the usual suspects down Gretna or Dalbeattie way.

He must not train well... Ridiculous the boy isn't featuring. He's clearly not shown enough to be a regular starter but the boy's pace is incredible and should surely be getting used off the bench at the very least?

14 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Real shame if he is ... he terrorised the Airdrie back line with his pace and directness in the home game early in the season.  That said, he needs game time to develop and not left sitting on a bench.

22 minutes ago, JmSG said:

Hello, I am looking for information about a former player, Gary Fraser, he played in the team in the late eighties and early nineties, could someone tell me what position/s he played?

As far as I can recall, central midfield. Certainly where he played most regularly if he ever played any other position. Fair haired, grabbed a few goals in what was fundamentally not a particularly good side back then. He was apparently here from 88 to 93 so a few years. I was away at University in the early part of his QoS career and didn't see much of it but was going every week by 1991. It's before I started keeping my own stats though. Neil Brown lists him as born 1 November 1965, joined us from Motherwell and eventually departed for Pollok. Made 97 appearances and scored 15 goals but not my stats so can't confirm validity. He's pretty reliable although Motherwell's archive refers to him "making over a century of appearances for the Doonhamers". Neil's stat might refer to starts.

Iain McCartney's club history will have more accurate info but I don't have access to it right now.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

21 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As far as I can recall, central midfield. Certainly where he played most regularly if he ever played any other position. Fair haired, grabbed a few goals in what was fundamentally not a particularly good side back then. He was apparently here from 88 to 93 so a few years. I was away at University in the early part of his QoS career and didn't see much of it but was going every week by 1991. It's before I started keeping my own stats though. Neil Brown lists him as born 1 November 1965, joined us from Motherwell and eventually departed for Pollok. Made 97 appearances and scored 15 goals but not my stats so can't confirm validity. He's pretty reliable although Motherwell's archive refers to him "making over a century of appearances for the Doonhamers". Neil's stat might refer to starts.

Iain McCartney's club history will have more accurate info but I don't have access to it right now.

very kind thank you

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Dunno mate. I was flicking through the channels on the TV and he happened to be on one of the channels.

Happens all the time, we're just soooo box office ...

A lot better today but hey it was our week to get a result. Good to see Connelly get a start but why instead of McGrory. Surprised by that. I seen East at EEP on crutches so that does not look good for us. Why don't we play Connelly up front with Paton. He has to do work he is not comfortable with in his position today. Just my thought but it's WG that makes those decisions. I would have taken Reilly off before Connelly today. The one that has been bothering me for a good few weeks is how little Todd is contributing to our game just now but plays full 90 every week. Young Gibson is a cracking player but is not a defender again this week put under pressure by someone taking him on. On the front foot he is a special player and love watching him while we have him. Thought Currie was good today good handling and coming for balls taking pressure off the defence. Think a draw was a fair result over the peice. Although as always we tried to throw it away at the end but thankfully got away with it. I think it would be better for all our young players to be loaned out they are not getting any football and understand that as WG needs results.

On 01/12/2022 at 10:35, JmSG said:

Hello, I am looking for information about a former player, Gary Fraser, he played in the team in the late eighties and early nineties, could someone tell me what position/s he played?

I remember watching him quite a lot when I first started going to Queens gamed.