The Queen of the South thread

Fans may moan and shout criticism at players or the team as a whole, but... personal abuse?  Week in week out?  Really?! 😲😕

I must be sitting in the wrong stand...

Somebody grab that shovel off Wullie quickly before he digs himself into an even deeper hole.

Edited by Slipmat

Fans may moan and shout criticism at players or the team as a whole, but... personal abuse?  Week in week out?  Really?! [emoji44][emoji53]
Somebody grab that shovel off Wullie quickly before he digs himself into an even deeper hole.

I suppose it depends on what he thinks constitutes "personal abuse". As I said weeks ago, the criticism McKenna received from certain folk in the old stand was ridiculously OTT. They clearly don't like him and moaned at him constantly. But for as much as it was OTT I didn't think it was anything that crossed the line. He perhaps means it in that regard and he's technically correct but for me when I think of personal abuse I'd be thinking someone criticised a player on something other than their footballing ability. I really don't think that goes on at Palmerston tbh.

2 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Fans may moan and shout criticism at players or the team as a whole, but... personal abuse?  Week in week out?  Really?! 😲😕

Aye he's fucked that 'apology'. 

Edited by Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:
Am I the only one who likes the pies? I had two on Saturday 

Greedy b*****d.

I didn't have lunch. So I had one before the game and one at half time :)

3 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

What ones, scotch pies?

Yup, very tasty 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I suppose it depends on what he thinks constitutes "personal abuse". As I said weeks ago, the criticism McKenna received from certain folk in the old stand was ridiculously OTT. They clearly don't like him and moaned at him constantly. But for as much as it was OTT I didn't think it was anything that crossed the line. He perhaps means it in that regard and he's technically correct but for me when I think of personal abuse I'd be thinking someone criticised a player on something other than their footballing ability. I really don't think that goes on at Palmerston tbh.

Aye, my idea of personal abuse is if someone is being subjected to it on grounds of their skin colour, sexual orientation, physicality or a some similar characteristic, not that they just happen not to be the best of footballers.

57 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Aye he's fucked that 'apology'. 

What irks me the most about the apology (if that's what it is) is that his initial complaint of constant negativity has been tweaked to being one of personal abuse, and given the recent allegations about Gibson's own off-the-park behaviour he's hardly in a position to appoint himself as some kind of moral authority on what is and isn't appropriate language or behaviour at this particular moment in time.

4 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

On another topic I see Harry Cochrane and his partner have had a new baby at the weekend. Seen it tweeted by a hearts fan. Did I miss something or have the club not congratulated them. Surely it is a given for club to put out a message. 

Screenshot_2022-11-23-17-26-08-38_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Don't let Wullie post the message, he'll f**k it up. Congratulations to the couple anyway.