The Queen of the South thread

That's a pretty wild interview.

"If you're going to have the temerity to be negative after getting pumped 5-1, you better be happy clapping loudly enough for me to personally hear it when we win" is not a sign of a manager taking entirely justified criticism well.

Also noticed a couple getting huckled away by Stewards, what was that about?

A good insight into the match day experience by a young youtuber who was at our game on Saturday. Even catches young Gibson's lovely cross for Todd's goal. 

For vaping going by that video. Mental. WG might want to have a wee look at that video as well. He maybe never heard that noise from where he was standing. Maybe if it wasn't so turgid at Palmerston most weeks more folk could turn up and join in with those boys...

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

That's a pretty wild interview.

"If you're going to have the temerity to be negative after getting pumped 5-1, you better be happy clapping loudly enough for me to personally hear it when we win" is not a sign of a manager taking entirely justified criticism well.

Can’t disagree with any of that - I am delighted that we bounced back with a convincing 4-0 win but we are languishing in 7th place 13 points behind the league leaders. Another key stat which made extremely poor reading was that we had a negative goal difference before the Montrose game. In League 1 as a FT outfit??

I genuinely think the QOS supporters have been extremely supportive of WG and this group of players. Any criticism that has been forthcoming has generally been justified.

We have been here before with this squad - they deliver a really encouraging professional display and then proceed to fall back into old ways in the following matches. It will be interesting to see how we stand up to the trip to Morton and the coming league matches.  I sincerely hope that we have turned the corner but I will take a lot more convincing than Saturdays win.

I remain convinced that if he picked himself at RB (fitness permitting) for the rest of the season we would make the play offs with something to spare as his weekly inclusion would seriously strengthen our entire set up from front to back. So speaking personally I am pissed off as soon as I see the team-lines that don’t include him because we don’t have the luxury of continually leaving out our best player.

Good video, loved the guy’s enthusiasm.
Need to sort our pies out!

Thought the Bovril criticism was harsh. Had one a few weeks ago and thought it was delicious. The colour in the video was fine as well. No idea what the presenter and the irritating tag along were expecting a Bovril to look like tbh.

9 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

A good insight into the match day experience by a young youtuber who was at our game on Saturday. Even catches young Gibson's lovely cross for Todd's goal. 

Nice wee vid that - YouTube at its best, providing a fan's view of the toon, the game and the atmosphere (and the er ... food) on the Portland Rd terrace.  Just a shame the attendance has slumped due to our performance on the park in the last couple of seasons.  Great view of young Gibson's cross for the last goal.  Hats off to the lad that took the vid (Thistle fan?).  Hope he comes back soon - we might win again!

Edited by Otis Blue

On 21/11/2022 at 01:07, Distant Doonhamer said:

He’s absolutely stupid if he thinks slagging off supporters in a public forum has any potential gain. Parts (not all) of the post match interview are car crash material. 

Especially when the criticism has been justified but I think it was aimed at a handful of folk rather than all fans. 

He definitely needs some PR training 😁

I didn't listen to Gibson's interview but just read his comments in today's Standard. Is the job getting too much for him if he's coming out with shite like that. HIS team, and it is his team. is getting the support it deserves. As I said in an earlier post, where I was standing on Saturday the support HIS team got on Saturday was very good. If he's only aiming criticism at certain people then he shouldn't alienate the entire (dwindling) support. It would be good if he came out and apologised, I won't hold my breath waiting for that though. 

Edit to add: Just noticed my "Thank you for attending" email from the Club.  Ironic that it ends "As always your support is greatly appreciated". Obviously not written by Gibson. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Just watched the highlights back and I have absolutely no idea what Gibson is complaining about.  The atmosphere generated by the 900 odd souls who bothered to turn up (and I didn't) seemed both noisy and supportive from the outset.  I suspect he has been busily checking social media and forums (yet again) during the week on the back of the Alloa farce, hasn't liked what he has read, and couldn't resist having a dig back.  If he can't take criticism he should really leave twitter etc well alone and close his ears to the crowd until he grows a thicker skin.

Edited by Slipmat

11 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I didn't listen to Gibson's interview but just read his comments in today's Standard. Is the job getting too much for him if he's coming out with shite like that. HIS team, and it is his team. is getting the support it deserves. As I said in an earlier post, where I was standing on Saturday the support HIS team got on Saturday was very good. If he's only aiming criticism at certain people then he shouldn't alienate the entire (dwindling) support. It would be good if he came out and apologised, I won't hold my breath waiting for that though. 

Edit to add: Just noticed my "Thank you for attending" email from the Club.  Ironic that it ends "As always your support is greatly appreciated". Obviously not written by Gibson. 

The headline of the article in the daily record which I assume has come from the standard is typical journalistic hyperbole, but what Gibson has actually said is pathetic. It’s not even true either. The numbers at the game were shite, but I heard nothing negative all game and the young guys were fairly vocal. Get the feeling that Gibson needs to grow up a bit. 

Should be feeling good after a 4 nil win, but that’s really pissed me off. 

11 hours ago, JK_Queens said:

Should be feeling good after a 4 nil win, but that’s really pissed me off. 

Aye, same here, his comments are probably making me angrier than it should do but he should remember the rubbish performances that supporters have had to sit through. His team is the lowest placed full time team in the SPFL, concentrate on sorting that out before having a pop at supporters. 

On 21/11/2022 at 14:50, QOSQOS said:

Good video, loved the guy’s enthusiasm.

Need to sort our pies out!

We have done for years. They are abysmal.

On 21/11/2022 at 16:52, 19QOS19 said:

Thought the Bovril criticism was harsh. Had one a few weeks ago and thought it was delicious. The colour in the video was fine as well. No idea what the presenter and the irritating tag along were expecting a Bovril to look like tbh.

Bovril tends to be good to very good at Palmerston. Of all the criticisms at catering, the Bovril way down the list.