The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, JK_Queens said:

Lewis Gibson is a winger and that worked just fine away to Edinburgh. It worked less well against Alloa when the pressure was on us, as Gibson did get caught out. 

I agree we are short of a right wing back though. Most, if not all, our best performances have been with a back 3 this season. Can’t see us likely to deviate from that on Saturday. 

As do I.  Which makes me wonder why we have sent Muir out on loan to Gretna.  I've only seen glimpses of him, but from what I have seen he's looked perfectly capable of filling the RWB role.  Certainly no worse than McKenna, and no less experienced than Lewis Gibson who I'm not convinced we will get the best out of if played as a wing back as opposed to an out-and-out forward thinking winger.

A great win, particularly after last week. 

Hopefully, we can start to put a few wins together. Away to Morton in the cup and then away to Dunfermline probably are not the games you would want. However, winning either one of them would be encouraging. 

4 hours ago, Kunter said:

Why do they always win convincingly at home when I'm not there 🙈😂 Good to bounce back from last week's horror show though. 

So inconsistent it's unreal.

3 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Same with me. Couldn't make today and they win. 

Given how we've performed over recent seasons I have to assume you folks are regular attenders. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

31 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Hopefully, we can start to put a few wins together. Away to Morton in the cup and then away to Dunfermline probably are not the games you would want. However, winning either one of them would be encouraging. 

^^^ This.

Two very tough away games there, then followed by another away at Alloa in the cup of diddyness (but at least a chance to extract some revenge for last week you'd think). If we could win one of those three I'd hope it was the Pars game in terms of league impact.

8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

^^^ This.

Two very tough away games there, then followed by another away at Alloa in the cup of diddyness (but at least a chance to extract some revenge for last week you'd think). If we could win one of those three I'd hope it was the Pars game in terms of league impact.

I'd definitely pick the Morton one.

The draw was not kind to us though.

Well it looks like LG is a fantastic player in the making. I think we need to enjoy him while we have him. You know what the vultures are like with good young players and he is just going to go from strength to strength. 

Good to see the team bounce back and WG getting the reaction he wanted. Thought our midfield 3 ran the game and Wilson was superb. Great finishing for all the goals. Only negative is Rico getting sent off. Thought East had a good game at the back and the 2 McKays were definitely better. Well done WG as whatever you did or said definitely worked. Let's push on apart from Dunfermline everyone is else is catchable. I think yesterday showed we have a good team but desperately needs consistency. If we can get that then play offs is definitely possible.

Pretty incredible interview from WG bemoaning the lack of noise from the support yesterday. Given there was just over 900 QoS fans there (less if you believe there were 45 Montrose fans) I think he should be grateful there are fans still bloody turning up; maybe not wise to have a dig at those who are.

And Sandra's "Looking at the bigger picture, it's not that bad?". Holy f**k.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pretty incredible interview from WG bemoaning the lack of noise from the support yesterday. Given there was just over 900 QoS fans there (less if you believe there were 45 Montrose fans) I think he should be grateful there are fans still bloody turning up; maybe not wise to have a dig at those who are.

There werent 45 away fans. It was 13 or 14, dont remember which. The communication has broken down somewhere between the confirmation of the crowd, it being read over the tannoy and put on the updates.

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

After last week Wullie really should be saying thanks to the fans for the support .

The noise and numbers  of the fans will increase if we keep playing like yesterday surprised Sandra said things are not that bad. We are now at a crossroads in our season can we push for the playoffs for me our defence still has a soft centre hopefully we can sort that in the New Year .

Is Rico suspended for the  Morton game Hendrie back for that .

There werent 45 away fans. It was 13 or 14, dont remember which. The communication has broken down somewhere between the confirmation of the crowd, it being read over the tannoy and put on the updates.
Aye I counted about that number when I came in (about 14:57). I was in the same stand so couldn't see the away support after that but did laugh (as did Alex!) when it was announced as I thought there must have been a busload of folk I missed.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Seemed to be quite a good vocal support from fans in the Oakbank Terrace section anyway, including the drummer. As an old fart I  reserve the right to hate drums at games, but if it gets others around him involved then good.  Agree that Wullie should be thankful for any support the team gets considering the keech we're having to watch at times.

Also noticed a couple getting huckled away by Stewards, what was that about?

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yes, that's a really unwise approach.

He's obviously been stung by criticism for last week, but he spends as long dwelling on the Alloa game as he does telling us there's no point in dwelling on it.

I thought yesterday was reasonably noisy given how small crowds have become.  Criticising those who do show up is really daft, and shouldn't be repeated.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Haha tbf it looked like he was aiming it at particular individuals. He's not stupid, he probably knows a lot of folk behind forum user names and probably gets criticism when he's about in the town. 

Like we all know it's finding consistently which is his biggest hurdle.  Maybe this extra training which got the response he wanted needs to be a permanent thing... 

4 hours ago, Kunter said:

Haha tbf it looked like he was aiming it at particular individuals. He's not stupid, he probably knows a lot of folk behind forum user names and probably gets criticism when he's about in the town. 

Like we all know it's finding consistently which is his biggest hurdle.  Maybe this extra training which got the response he wanted needs to be a permanent thing... 

He’s absolutely stupid if he thinks slagging off supporters in a public forum has any potential gain. Parts (not all) of the post match interview are car crash material.