The Queen of the South thread

40 minutes ago, QOSfan019 said:

How was it mismanaged ?

Don't you remember the collection buckets, the Save Our South campaign, people writing off loans of money given to the Club, the current Chairman buying land off the club to put money in. Of course it was a investment for him as he sold it at a profit but he still paid out the initial cost when the club needed the money. That all came about because the Farmer had brought in players  (good players granted) and management, etc, at a cost that couldn't be maintained. 

Very weird interview with WG after game. Talking about losing his job and looks all over the place. 

Morrison out for 4 months. I expect he'll be challenging for our "Worst Signing Ever" trophy.
6 points off a promotion play off spot, maybe i’m an optimist but every thing still to play for (with the caveat i wasn’t at the match yesterday)

It's absolutely still to play for. If you can get a run of games together you can shoot right up the division. The reality is we don't look remotely like doing that though. Other than the EFC games we've looked mediocre at best in the league this season. Unless something drastically changes or our players start playing like they aren't complete strangers then I can't see us being anywhere near Top 4.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Morrison out for 4 months. I expect he'll be challenging for our "Worst Signing Ever" trophy.

Shame for Morrison. Looked promising at qp when fit but he was awfully injury prone. Seems like he’s had no luck here also 

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The decline of the club started well before the last 5 seasons, it started when the jovial, silver haired farmer in the yellow jacket almost put the club out of business with his big spending. 2008 should have been the springboard to bigger and better times but it was badly mismanaged and we're still paying the price imo. To the fans it felt like a great time to be a Queens fan, but the reality is we have never really recovered from that period. The current Board and Chairman have done plenty of things wrong but they deserve a bit of credit for at least keeping us full time on limited budget, introducing other income streams (The Arena for example) and trying to operate without incurring excessive debts. The other reality is that there is no obvious or known individuals willing to take on the Chair or Board positions. The people calling for change are usually the quietest when asked what the alternative is. 

It started going into decline after the Arena was up and running with thread bear squads, battling relegation year on year followed by a drop in public communication and stadium neglect. 

You made a point about he bailed us out by buying the land and made a profit from it. Would Norman Blount or Ronnie Bradford have done that ? Never in a million years. They would have put any profit straight back into Queen's coffers. Same as the shirt sponsorship last year. He only looks after number one. 

As has been pointed out before on these pages, If this decline had happened at any other club there would be utter fan outrage. 

9 minutes ago, Kunter said:

It started going into decline after the Arena was up and running with thread bear squads, battling relegation year on year followed by a drop in public communication and stadium neglect. 

You made a point about he bailed us out by buying the land and made a profit from it. Would Norman Blount or Ronnie Bradford have done that ? Never in a million years. They would have put any profit straight back into Queen's coffers. Same as the shirt sponsorship last year. He only looks after number one. 

As has been pointed out before on these pages, If this decline had happened at any other club there would be utter fan outrage. 

Calm doon man!  I'm no fan of the board, but you're starting to sound like you'd rather that Fermer Rae had sold his shares to that mob of asset-strippers who were a front for the serial football-club-liquidator Stephen Vaughan than have Hewitson near the club.

6 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Calm doon man!  I'm no fan of the board, but you're starting to sound like you'd rather that Fermer Rae had sold his shares to that mob of asset-strippers who were a front for the serial football-club-liquidator Stephen Vaughan than have Hewitson near the club.

I'm just making a point the issues run a lot deeper than at management level. 

14 hours ago, Kunter said:

I'm just making a point the issues run a lot deeper than at management level. 

Okay the board are not perfect but remember they are in affect volunteers as well.

They are fans like us just trying to run the the club the best way they can .

I don't see a queue of people wanting to join the board most folk will not give up their free time to run a football club .

The Lydon Dykes deal for example  the board deserve great credit on adding a sell on clause that will  hopefully still keep bringing more money in .

Any blame on our poor performances are 100 % our managers fault he was given a decent budget to sign a full time squad good enough to at least make the playoffs. They look  miles  away just now.

He still thinks he has enough  quality in the squad time will tell if he is right .

On 31/10/2022 at 10:29, Greenacres said:

Okay the board are not perfect but remember they are in affect volunteers as well.

They are fans like us just trying to run the the club the best way they can .

I don't see a queue of people wanting to join the board most folk will not give up their free time to run a football club .

The Lydon Dykes deal for example  the board deserve great credit on adding a sell on clause that will  hopefully still keep bringing more money in .

Any blame on our poor performances are 100 % our managers fault he was given a decent budget to sign a full time squad good enough to at least make the playoffs. They look  miles  away just now.

He still thinks he has enough  quality in the squad time will tell if he is right .

I'm not convinced about that. Heard too many allegations to convince me he's 100% genuinely got our best interests at heart and that was before he took the job on.  

Dykes deal was just basic bread and butter common sense club business. Did we ever find out how much he went for? 

2 hours ago, Kunter said:

I'm not convinced about that. Heard too many allegations to convince me he's 100% genuinely got our best interests at heart and that was before he took the job on.  

Dykes deal was just basic bread and butter common sense club business. Did we ever find out how much he went for? 

He absolutely does not have the best interests of the club at heart. And for the Dykes deal, sure it ended up as a club record sale, unsure on the final fee though as there was clauses depending on Scotland caps etc

On 03/11/2022 at 09:44, QoS99 said:

He absolutely does not have the best interests of the club at heart. And for the Dykes deal, sure it ended up as a club record sale, unsure on the final fee though as there was clauses depending on Scotland caps etc

As I said our Chairmen is not perfect but he will have to do as I don't see a queue of folk wanting to join the board .

The Dykes deal if Q.P.R ever make the Premiership or he gets sold for big money  then we will get another huge pay day .

Away from that wish we could play Edinburgh every week. 

Early days but have we another star in the making in Lewis Gibson .

League games Wilson has started:  won 4 drawn 3 lost 1

League games Wilson hasn't started:  won 1 drawn 1 lost 4

Edited to cover up dodgy arithmetical calculations.

Edited by Slipmat

3 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

League games Wilson hasn't started:  won 0 drawn 1 lost 4

I totally agree he makes a big difference to our side. Thought Quitongo and Gibson were excellent. Wilson gives us the security that others can push forward. I have to say I thought the defence were better today did not take any chances and just cleared their lines. Don't get the hate for Reilly I think he works hard on and off the ball. Young Gibson's performance should stop us asking when WG is going to be playing as he is the natural successor to his old man. Easy team selection against Alloa same again and let's build some momentum 👍

14 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

League games Wilson hasn't started:  won 1 drawn 1 lost 4

Edited to cover up dodgy arithmetical calculations.

That's 15 of our 19 point's won with Wilson starting. 

I think we all knew he was a key player, your stats show just how important he is!

9 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

I totally agree he makes a big difference to our side. Thought Quitongo and Gibson were excellent. Wilson gives us the security that others can push forward. I have to say I thought the defence were better today did not take any chances and just cleared their lines. Don't get the hate for Reilly I think he works hard on and off the ball. Young Gibson's performance should stop us asking when WG is going to be playing as he is the natural successor to his old man. Easy team selection against Alloa same again and let's build some momentum 👍

Don’t agree on the point about WG - we are languishing miles behind Dunfermline and it is obvious that we need our best players on the pitch. If we could get WG, Wilson and Todd consistently on the pitch at the same time and throw in Lewis’ huge potential we have a platform to start a recovery mission.