The Queen of the South thread

In a shop
Aye heard about that the other day (though it apparently happened a while ago). I'm willing to give him the benefit of 'Chinese whispers' but if it came out that it absolutely did happen I wouldn't be back until he was gone tbh.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
3 minutes ago, QoS99 said:
In a shop

Aye heard about that the other day (though it apparently happened a while ago). I'm willing to give him the benefit of 'Chinese whispers' but if it came out that it absolutely did happen I wouldn't be back until he was gone tbh.

Think it is completely believable because he is a fucking idiot who loses the head. I agree with you, should get shot immediately if anything comes of that

5 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

What was the issue with what he has said? 

Not really the place or time to be discussed too much as maybe further action is likely. It would be ironic though if rumours are true that he was holding up a Show Racism The Red Card sign  today. 

The mass booing at half time was a bit over the top was it not? 

Ok it wasn't a pleasure going in half time two goals down but it wasn't like we were utter turd and the goals conceded were self inflicted punished on the break. 

We were playing one of the best teams in the division with half the midfield out ffs. 

Ok it wasn't a pleasure going in half time two goals down but it wasn't like we were utter turd and the goals conceded were self inflicted punished on the break. 
We were playing one of the best teams in the division with half the midfield out ffs. 

I'm impressed some folk had the energy to muster boos. I was just utterly deflated tbh. Same shite different week/season.

I'm also impressed you didn't think that first half performance wasn't utter turd. I'd say utter turd would be a compliment. We were absolutely woeful. That it was only 2-0 was incredible; mainly down to the much criticised Max Currie it has to be said.

18 minutes ago, Kunter said:

No.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm impressed some folk had the energy to muster boos. I was just utterly deflated tbh. Same shite different week/season.

I'm also impressed you didn't think that first half performance wasn't utter turd. I'd say utter turd would be a compliment. We were absolutely woeful. That it was only 2-0 was incredible; mainly down to the much criticised Max Currie it has to be said.

To pretty much repeat what I said, we're playing one of the best teams in the division, first half we got punished for two misplaced passes and we had a make shift midfield - what did we honestly expect! 

After the 3rd, Falkirk dropped off a cliff.  

Full squad to chose from and that would have been a different result. 

35 minutes ago, Kunter said:

This is the point we should be up challenging with the likes of Falkirk not getting outclassed .

If no vast improvement in the next month  is it time for a change in saying that if the rumours are true about a non football problem Wullie might be away sooner than we think.

To pretty much repeat what I said, we're playing one of the best teams in the division, first half we got punished for two misplaced passes and we had a make shift midfield - what did we honestly expect! 

I expected us to at least compete. If you're honestly content with what you witnessed today then you're in the right place as we'll be here for the foreseeable with performances like that regardless of the opposition.

Just now, Greenacres said:

This is the point we should be up challenging with the likes of Falkirk not getting outclassed .

If no vast improvement in the next month  is it time for a change in saying that if the rumours are true about a non football problem Wullie might be away sooner than we think.

I agree we should be up their challenging but when we're playing one of the favourites with a depleted squad then I think cutting of some slack has to be taken in this case. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I expected us to at least compete. If you're honestly content with what you witnessed today then you're in the right place as we'll be here for the foreseeable with performances like that regardless of the opposition.

They're just a better team than us it's as simple as that. They have better players, a bigger squad and more organised - let's face it, theyve had enough practice, they've been down here long enough. 

11 minutes ago, Kunter said:

I agree we should be up their challenging but when we're playing one of the favourites with a depleted squad then I think cutting of some slack has to be taken in this case. 

Sorry Kunter but I think we are the lowest we have been in 20 odd years. The worst of it is I can see us plunging even lower. 

34 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Don’t talk shite, we even struggled against Clyde who had lost 9 in a row

They're just a better team than us it's as simple as that. They have better players, a bigger squad and more organised - let's face it, theyve had enough practice, they've been down here long enough. 

What's the excuse for the rest of the performances this season? The only time we've looked comfortable this season is against EFC. That excuse doesn't wash and tbh if that's what you truly believe in regards to Falkirk just being a better team then I'd be absolutely furious. We came into the season looking to challenge for the title and if Falkirk are "just a better team than us" then something has went seriously wrong. We should absolutely be competing in these games and yet were completely steamrolled today. If it was a Premiership side I'd probably have your relaxed reaction but the reality us it's a side who've been stinking this division out for years and they were miles ahead of us. Alarm bells should be ringing, not a 'ah well, there's always next week' feeling.

We have been poor in our last 3 games. Thankfully Peterhead and Clyde were extremely poor. Falkirk weren't fantastic today, they just did the basics well and we couldn't compete. Very worrying times indeed. We're not getting out this division at the top end this season unless something changes.

42 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Have they got a bigger squad? Better yeah but we're jam-packed with jobbers. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, QoS99 said:
In a shop

I first heard of this on the same day we played Rangers.  Given that nothing had subsequently come of it, I'd assumed there was nothing in it.

I really hope that's the case.

I'm starting to wonder what the likes of McKechnie, Quitongo, McMahon and Muir have to do to actually get into the team.  None of them have looked out of place on the odd occasion that they have played but no matter how badly we play their appearances are now as rare as hens teeth.  Will Ruth ever get a run of games where he can get a chance to show what he can do for more than the last 15 minutes?  Does the manager simply not rate these guys?  If so, why were they all amongst the first of his summer (re-)signings?  What was the point in signing Irving if he's only role is to sit on the bench?

I felt a bit sorry for Bange today.  It was a strange decision to pair him up with Reilly given that the two of them have been on the pitch together for probably less than 10 minutes in total prior to today's game, and it showed as neither really appeared to know what the other was doing.  Bange probably won't get another start before he heads back to Blackpool now.

I understand we were missing 3 of our first pick CM but for WG to pick himself in there needs answering. As another poster said he wants to many touches. Again I am going to harp on about the constant change of formation. We have no set formation and I hate to say it again this is what AJ done to try and find a formation and personnel that works. I think it is time for a total reset. Let's go back to 4-4-2 and give us something to work with. Then everyone will know there job if they come on or start. I can see why WG is not starting Connelly he has went backwards and is not a team player in any way. I feel we are in for a long season as I don't think we have the team or the manager to push us on. Do I think the BOD will do anything no because they always leave it to late. The other problem is WG is our registered player so is he going to just go back to playing. I would imagine not. My main issue is all the chopping and changing of formation and personnel nobody actually knows what is happening from game to game unless you are McKenna you know your playing every week.