The Queen of the South thread

10 hours ago, queenslad said:

Has Dougie Doonhamer picked up an injury or retired as he has not been seen recently? Has he been dropped?

Official line is he's carrying a slight knock but rumour is the Chairman has told him not to appear. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

10 hours ago, QoS99 said:

That Wullie interview worried me from after the Peterhead game, was an interview you’d expect from AJ, quite negative and seemed downbeat. Might just be looking into it a bit much but hey ho

Maybe it's just my perception, but it seems like he's developed a bit of a siege mentality of late.

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

Maybe it's just my perception, but it seems like he's developed a bit of a siege mentality of late.

Maybe the Chairman has told him not to be so open with the info he's putting over. Don't want the fans to know too much you know. 

Have to say the new 3rd strip is fantastic looking and a great cause that the club has set up and the video and voice over by Finlay was excellent. I will be buying it without a doubt.

Back to the football has anyone heard how bad Todd's injury is and how long he will be missing. I honestly feel we are now ready to put a poor first quarter behind us and kick on. There is competition for places and I now believe WG has about 8 or 9 definite starters every week. The news that Paul McKay is not badly injured and should be involved again soon is a plus. He like the rest had a poor start but is a good player. Connelly obviously is our flair player but I agree with others he has to do more in games and he has to play as a 10 to get the best out of him. The WG debate about playing is something we can not influence so for me it is time to get behind these boys and push us up the league. We have a terrible quarter but we are only 5 points off 4 place. If Todd is injured this week do we think WG will start Cochrane or Connelly in his place. I am looking forward to this game as Clyde gave us a spanking on the first day of the season and we need to show some character by getting a result on Saturday

Watching Queens v Mid Annandale. 7 0 to Queens at half time. Apologies not sure on any of the players but I think McMahon has 2 goals. Others came from No15 with 2 and No11 with a hat trick.

Finished 12 1

McMahon? 2, no 11 got 5, no 15 3, and no 14 2

Edited by jakeyman

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I see Dave McKay has finally got a decent string of games, how’s he looking? I know he needed to play to develop, but is he looking like he’s improving with play?

Not overly, gets bullied far too easy, is one of our weaker centre halfs I’d say. But to be fair, constantly changing shape from 3 at the back to 4 at the back won’t be helping him settle in

21 hours ago, TxRover said:

I see Dave McKay has finally got a decent string of games, how’s he looking? I know he needed to play to develop, but is he looking like he’s improving with play?

Tough to say after last Saturday as Peterhead completely bogging.

But constant chopping and changing won't have helped him much. He's looked alright. 

26 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Not confident today after seeing that team. Can Wullie please just be consistent in his team selection! Why is Currie now starting again in league matches ??

I take it Wullie is still "injured"?  😉

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Not confident today after seeing that team. Can Wullie please just be consistent in his team selection! Why is Currie now starting again in league matches ??

Fox was injured last week and Currie did nothing wrong. Barely did anything at all other than his role in second goal. Would have been harsh to drop him.

33 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I take it Wullie is still "injured"?  😉

As the conspiracy theory goes, yes. Tied to a chair in the boardroom probably. 

6 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Fox was injured last week and Currie did nothing wrong. Barely did anything at all other than his role in second goal. Would have been harsh to drop him.

As the conspiracy theory goes, yes. Tied to a chair in the boardroom probably. 

You surely have to pick a number one and stick with it rather than chopping and changing all the time?

4 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

You surely have to pick a number one and stick with it rather than chopping and changing all the time?

Could make the argument about the whole starting XI...

Tend to agree but I'd also say I'd rather, where possible, prioritise players we have signed rather than ones in on loan, where possible.

2 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Thought Bange and Gibson junior done really well when they came on, would start them both next Saturday 

Agreed and can we have Gibson Senior - throw in Wilson and Todd if they are fit (a big if where that pair are concerned) and you have a platform to build on.

I'm sorry I thought WG was just really hoping for the best with his changes today. There was a sense of desperation from it all. There was a lot of unrest round me a lot of unrest  if we had not got the result I feel the tide would have turned against WG. Again just my opinion I was extremely positive going into this weekend. 

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

I'm sorry I thought WG was just really hoping for the best with his changes today. There was a sense of desperation from it all. There was a lot of unrest round me a lot of unrest  if we had not got the result I feel the tide would have turned against WG. Again just my opinion I was extremely positive going into this weekend. 

Bottom line is we won I don't care how we played.

We played very well against Alloa only got a point .

The subs changed the game was Wullie not right to try anything to win the game okay he used 5 subs but it worked we won the game nothing else matters .

Just watched Wullie's interview with Sandra where he jokes that he will likely be wearing the same outfit again next week.  I would much prefer it if he was wearing a playing kit.

Is it just me that's found it frustrating that in each of his last two post-match interviews the interviewers have enquired about the fitness of certain players but have dodged the elephant in the room and not asked what Wullie's injury is and if and when he plans on selecting himself again?

Edited by Slipmat

Just watched Wullie's interview with Sandra where he jokes that he will likely be wearing the same outfit again next week.  I would much prefer it if he was wearing a playing kit.
Is it just me that's found it frustrating that in each of his last two post-match interviews the interviewers have enquired about the fitness of certain players but have dodged the elephant in the room and not asked what Wullie's injury is and if and when he plans on selecting himself again?
Could it be that these "rumours" about the Chairman not wanting him to play are indeed true and Sandra has perhaps been pre-warned not to ask? [emoji848]...

10 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Bottom line is we won I don't care how we played.

We played very well against Alloa only got a point .

The subs changed the game was Wullie not right to try anything to win the game okay he used 5 subs but it worked we won the game nothing else matters .

So basically ignore the piss poor  performances and enjoy the fact we just managed to beat a struggling team who are on a dreadful run of defeats. 

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Could it be that these "rumours" about the Chairman not wanting him to play are indeed true and Sandra has perhaps been pre-warned not to ask? emoji848.png...

Probably what you have to expect when using an in-house media team. Maybe Sandra could request an interview with the Chairman who should really be the person coming out and clarifying the situation. (She won't and he won't)