The Queen of the South thread

49 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Fantastic idea for the third kit. £5 from every sale going to mental health projects in the community. Well done all involved.

Cracking looking kit from the video too. 

49 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

3rd Kit Launched 😍

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5905

Take a bow, Queens. :(

Brilliant stuff from the club. A lot of good going on off the park at Queens just now. Well done to everyone involved.

The video was really well done and quite touching as well. Hopefully we shift a good few of the tops.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its an absolutely magnificent kit. 

But the message it carries is more important. 🖤

Fabulous kit/video and for such an important cause too - great stuff Queens.

Brought back such sad painful memories of poor young Chris Mitchell (RIP), such a talented player.

On 12/10/2022 at 07:07, Monkey Tennis said:

I think the likelihood is that Gibson will remain in place unless/until we're in real and present danger of a further relegation.

Surely taking fewer than 4 points from your next 2 games would confirm that real danger and therefore Gibson's position could be untenable extremely soon?

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Surely taking fewer than 4 points from your next 2 games would confirm that real danger and therefore Gibson's position could be untenable extremely soon?

I don't think the danger can be regarded as "present" in October though.

A similar situation in March would qualify.

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think the danger can be regarded as "present" in October though.

A similar situation in March would qualify.

We stuck with Johnston longer than we should have, if things don't improve before the midway stage I hope we don't make the same mistake with Wullie. Being a local lad, and a vital player, probably gives him a bit of extra lee-way, though it shouldn't really. I agree though that this is still a bit early to be talking about a replacement. I reserve the right to change my mind if we don't get full points from the next two games mind. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We stuck with Johnston longer than we should have, if things don't improve before the midway stage I hope we don't make the same mistake with Wullie. Being a local lad, and a vital player, probably gives him a bit of extra lee-way, though it shouldn't really. I agree though that this is still a bit early to be talking about a replacement. I reserve the right to change my mind if we don't get full points from the next two games mind. 

To be honest, I wasn't particularly stating a stance of my own on the matter.

I was just saying that I can't see his job being especially vulnerable, unless it really looks like we might well get relegated to the bottom tier.  

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A vital player who doesn’t even make the bench most weeks…………….crazy.

Brilliant video and tops just as good .

I don't really buy tops anymore but will be getting this.

On to the football good win today but  we are still a work in progress have good spells in games at times we look good when we pass the ball quickly but then we over pass it far to slow and end up losing the ball .

We seem to lack confidence especially in front of goal but hopefully that will come with a few wins. 

Hopefully through time Wullie will realise he has to play we are a far better team with him in it .

Todd looks like a bad injury he will be a big miss.

Edited by Greenacres

1 minute ago, Baller69 said:

Wullie won't be playing any time soon. He's been told by the chairman that he's not to play and concentrate on managing even though it weakens the team. I think I'd be inclined to say, I'm playing and if you sack me at least I'm sacked doing it my way. 

If that's the case, and I'm not saying I believe it, any Manager with a bit of self respect would tell the Chairman to stop interfering or to stick his  job. Does the Chairman scrutinise the team lines before they're handed in?

8 hours ago, Baller69 said:

Wullie won't be playing any time soon. He's been told by the chairman that he's not to play and concentrate on managing even though it weakens the team. I think I'd be inclined to say, I'm playing and if you sack me at least I'm sacked doing it my way. 

Nonsensical if true - it is pretty clear from results and indeed performances that having Messrs Gibson and Murray standing next to each other on the touchline (duplicating their commands) is having little or no impact on the eventual outcome of games. Gibson’s presence on the pitch is huge - we look a totally different team.

I also think too many players are getting an inordinate amount of game time while producing very little - McKenna, Cochrane, Murray and Reilly fall into that category for me. Huge question marks on their repeated inclusion.

While beating the Gibson drum young Lewis has to be used a lot more regularly - it is obvious that he is a huge talent and is a much better option than most of his “forward” colleagues who toiled and laboured yesterday while producing next to nothing. It is not too late to save our season but a major re-focus is required.

9 hours ago, Baller69 said:

How do you 'know' this?

I don't know WG personally, but having listened to his interviews and having watched him on the pitch and having witnessed his often incendiary interactions with referees for many years he doesn't seem a shy shrinking violet to me ... if the chairman story is true then I'd have imagined that WG would have told said chairman to "go forth and multiply" in very concise terms.

Probably a bit early for this but ... with the January window on the distant horizon and given our lack of solidity in the back line, I wonder if getting big Darren Brownlie in on loan from Partick might be an option.  I get the feeling that now he's back from injury he's struggling to get near the team sheet at Firhill - which will be even more difficult given that they're sitting top of the league now.  Having said that, he left Palmy under a cloud to join Thistle and maybe the club won't go near him again because of that.  Also, having had such a serious injury he might not want to play on our "state of the art" plastic carpet for risk of a repeat injury.