The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, Dougie Mills said:

Many would have you believe that it’s too early to judge him and the gang he has assembled.

Careful now.  You're not allowed to be negative on social media.  You might upset the players.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

What level of non-league football will you be playing at before accepting that 'Wullie' is a complete dud of a manager?

Accepted it tonight with the jury out for a few weeks. That was absolutely honking, no shots on target and no urgency. 

Just now, virginton said:

What level of non-league football will you be playing at before accepting that 'Wullie' is a complete dud of a manager?

The South of Scotland, in about three or four seasons at this rate.

The board will still be there, shrugging shoulders, in a what can you do? manner. 

We should be grateful though, as there is no one else that could do better job of running the club.  

10 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

If we could keep Wullie as a player, would you sack him just now? What annoys me is the constant change of formation, don’t think we have finished a half, never mind a game with the same formation.

This drives me mental as well. Stick to a formation that's what all good teams do and learn from it. Bit we are far from a good team at this time.

12 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

If we could keep Wullie as a player, would you sack him just now? What annoys me is the constant change of formation, don’t think we have finished a half, never mind a game with the same formation.

He tinkers more than AJ did which, in itself, is a remarkable feat. 

Lack of experience, what do you expect... 

He only got the job on the back of a moral decision and probably because he comes cheap, not because he did an amazing job when he was caretaker.

I wouldn't sack him. Got to give him a chance to gain experience. If this takes a couple of seasons so be it. 

Any club with genuine promotion ambitions, desperate to go straight back up would not have taken on a rookie manager. 

The whole issues with this club rest firmly with the man at the top. Get rid 

2 hours ago, QosLoyal said:

Need to win this game. 2 wins from opening 10 games would be absolutely tragic.

Yes, it really is dismal.

I remember naively thinking that our relegation would at least mean we could look forward to winning more frequently than we'd done for several seasons.

Nope.  Being full-time in this company seems to carry no real advantage, never mind guarantees.   Pretty depressing all round.

That really was a brutal watch tonight. East going off injured is also a massive blow. 

We could find ourselves in the relegation spots after the next two games which is a really grim thought.

The substitutions weakened us and probably came too early, as we dominated the first 10 minutes of the second half then were totally stifled by Kelty thereafter. McKenna unbelievably was our best player for me tonight which gives you a good indication of the quality of the performance.  

35 minutes ago, Kunter said:

I wouldn't sack him. Got to give him a chance to gain experience. If this takes a couple of seasons so be it.

Surely there's a minimum standard that needs to be met, even when expectations may not be very high right now?

2 wins out of 10 at this level is atrocious for any side, never mind a full-time club.

40 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Lack of experience, what do you expect... 

He only got the job on the back of a moral decision and probably because he comes cheap, not because he did an amazing job when he was caretaker.

Any club with genuine promotion ambitions, desperate to go straight back up would not have taken on a rookie manager. 

The whole issues with this club rest firmly with the man at the top. Get rid 

Nothing to do with me whether you keep him or not, but I'm interested why you think you have 'got' to keep him? In effect you are saying 'he was the wrong appointment, so let's give him 2 years', which doesn't make much sense.

If it gets to the point where I think McCabe is the wrong man for the Airdrie job I'd want him out then, I don't see why you'd choose for them to stay once reaching that point.