The Queen of the South thread

45 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

3-1 win for our reserves this after against Hamilton. Anybody got any idea of the queens team? Couple of names in the Hamilton side I recognised. 

Cowie in goal. Back three of Muir, Quitongo and Burns I think. Lewis Gibson and Keiran McKechnie at wing backs. Cochrane and McMahon started in midfield. Irving, Bange and Connelly up top.

Ben Johnstone was among the subs. Think the rest were young local lads from the Reserve squad.

McMahon, Connelly and Irving with the goals.

19 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Cowie in goal. Back three of Muir, Quitongo and Burns I think. Lewis Gibson and Keiran McKechnie at wing backs. Cochrane and McMahon started in midfield. Irving, Bange and Connelly up top.

Ben Johnstone was among the subs. Think the rest were young local lads from the Reserve squad.

McMahon, Connelly and Irving with the goals.

Nice to read but has anyone considered posting all this information on the official site… ? 

Just an idea 😏

On 28/09/2022 at 13:44, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't have enough accurate info to post it on the OS as a fact. I think that was the team but I wasn't there.

Could perhaps someone else. Would be nice to keep up to date with reserve results and fixtures.   

Some really good updates recently from Queens on their official site and social media pages plus liking all these new graphics. Well done 👍🏽 

Why is our best attacking option Connelly not getting a start yet Paton plays every game .

He works hard seems to do no wrong a  Wullies favourite  but he is now starting to cost us games missing far to many easy chances open goal today top of the long list. 

Ruth is another option we could use .

Is Wullie getting the best out of the squad we chucked away 2 points against Alloa yet another poor result.

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Why is our best attacking option Connelly not getting a start yet Paton plays every game .

He works hard seems to do no wrong a  Wullies favourite  but he is now starting to cost us games missing far to many easy chances open goal today top of the long list. 

Is Wullie getting the best out of the squad we chucked away 2 points against Alloa yet another poor result.

This is first for me but I agree one hundred per cent.

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

I would have Connolly strart ever game alongside Paton who's work rate Lee needs to match.

20 hours ago, mwwqos321 said:

I would have Connolly strart ever game alongside Paton who's work rate Lee needs to match.

Paton missed 3 easy chances against Alloa they look worse than I thought each chance got easier but he works hard so he somehow  must play.

I do not care if he works hard his job is to score goals if he does not do that then give Ruth or in WG eyes our luxury player Connelly a game.

Our defence is desperate for a aggressive centre half to win it in the air and  who can organise things.

That chance has gone so looks like we are stuck with what we have perfect example the Alloa goal a  cross into the box McKenna and East nowhere goal.

We are miles away from a team that can challenge at the top of the League we have too many nice players.

17 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Paton missed 3 easy chances against Alloa they look worse than I thought each chance got easier but he works hard so he somehow  must play.

I do not care if he works hard his job is to score goals if he does not do that then give Ruth or in WG eyes our luxury player Connelly a game.

Despite the lack of full-stops I tend to agree with this.

Graham Weir and Stuart Kean were hard workers who couldn't hit the proverbial cow's arse with a banjo.  When Dobbs first arrived on the scene some accused him of being fat and lazy.  I know who I would rather have in the team out of those three.

I'm not saying Paton should be dropped - Reilly isn't exactly proving to be a goal machine either - but I'm not sure why he's ahead of Connelly in the queue unless WG is trying to drive the petulance out of Connelly before he gives him a regular starting place.

Edited by Slipmat

24 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

If only we had a striker averaging a goal every other game. 

We do.  Connelly has started seven games, come off the bench three times and scored 5 goals.

12 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Some league this. We pump eight past FCE in two games (OK one was a diddy tie) and now they sit two points clear at the top of the table. Qué? 🙄

Aye, I was thinking the very same myself, that's probably why I don't bother with the match prediction thread. Maybe we just caught FC Edinburgh on a bad week.