The Queen of the South thread

56 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Nice to get a thanks for attending saturday's match with link to highlights along with reminder for thursday's nights match today - first time I have received this and makes you feel wanted and a valued customer

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just saw that (in my junk mail!). Nice touch from the club. More things like that needed. Well done to those involved :)

As far as I know we've been doing this all season (without the highlights link) but maybe not. We certainly did it after the first two Cup ties. It's Dan that does it and he was on holiday after the Dunfermline match so it probably didn't go out after that one.

38 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As far as I know we've been doing this all season (without the highlights link) but maybe not. We certainly did it after the first two Cup ties. It's Dan that does it and he was on holiday after the Dunfermline match so it probably didn't go out after that one.

That's the first one I have had

Technophobic idiot here, I've just bought my ticket for tomorrow nights game, received email with QR code nae bother but like to print off hard copy in case of problems with my phone at the turnstile (ie, my stubby arthritic fingers and Mr Magoo eyesight), even I can see the QR code on email looks nothing like QR code on pdf printout, what's that all about? All match details, etc, are otherwise correct.. Could this be a problem at check-in. 

14 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Technophobic idiot here, I've just bought my ticket for tomorrow nights game, received email with QR code nae bother but like to print off hard copy in case of problems with my phone at the turnstile (ie, my stubby arthritic fingers and Mr Magoo eyesight), even I can see the QR code on email looks nothing like QR code on pdf printout, what's that all about? All match details, etc, are otherwise correct.. Could this be a problem at check-in. 

There are multiple codes for each order, a group one and one for each ticket. It will be fine 

Watching the footie last night, and enjoying Dykes contribution, I was reflecting on the fact that in three years with us, Dykes scored 11 goals, and were any of them headers? I don’t recall any, but I’m not sure.

He clearly worked as a foil to a certain S Dobbie, so his contribution overall was good.

But last night was just awesome…..

3 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

Watching the footie last night, and enjoying Dykes contribution, I was reflecting on the fact that in three years with us, Dykes scored 11 goals, and were any of them headers? I don’t recall any, but I’m not sure.

He clearly worked as a foil to a certain S Dobbie, so his contribution overall was good.

But last night was just awesome…..

Lyndon Dykes scored 22 goals for us in 136 appearances (though 20 of those were as a sub). He certainly scored headers within that total, though not many. He rarely played as an out and out centre forward though, most of his focus was as you say clearing space and setting up chances for Dobs.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Lyndon Dykes scored 22 goals for us in 136 appearances (though 20 of those were as a sub). He certainly scored headers within that total, though not many. He rarely played as an out and out centre forward though, most of his focus was as you say clearing space and setting up chances for Dobs.

Yes, I misread Wiki who were listing league goals, too early in morning to engage brain…..

Apart from his goals, his hold-up play and lay-offs were good last night as well, albeit he was only on the park for a short time.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Tonight's game comfortable win far to slow 1st  half but with Wullie on 2 nd half we look a different team he gets us playing seems to lift the whole team.

Well done on dishing oot another 4 goals beating.

I don't know why you've had a poor start, but It was obvious Queens are a better team than you shown so far this season.

I'd expect you's to move up the table pretty quickly now! 👍

11 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Well done on dishing oot another 4 goals beating.

I don't know why you've had a poor start, but It was obvious Queens are a better team than you shown so far this season.

I'd expect you's to move up the table pretty quickly now! 👍

Problem is we don't play teams of FC Edinburgh's calibre every week. 

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Problem is we don't play teams of FC Edinburgh's calibre every week. 

Did I not read that prior to their visit to Palmerston FC Edinburgh had a 100% away league record this season?

8 minutes ago, mwwqos321 said:

Did I not read that prior to their visit to Palmerston FC Edinburgh had a 100% away league record this season?

Aye they were doing well but can only judge them on meetings with Queens and, in the Saturday's game especially, they looked by far the worst team seen at Palmerston for ages. (Apart from some Queens performances obvs,) 

I am not getting too carried away with our two comprehensive back to back wins over FCE. I honestly thought they were dreadful , comprehensively the worst team I have seen for a long time.All the more surprising when they are above us in league table!!

This squad hate it when opponents press them, chase lost causes and generally take the game to us. If we can start to deliver similar style performances against the likes of Falkirk, Dunfermline, Airdrie etc then I will believe that we have genuinely turned the corner.Alloa probably fall into the foregoing category as well so this will make interesting viewing.

Good to see Wilson performing so well in midfield but Gibson’s continual reluctance to start games is absolutely infuriating. We may get away with him making brief appearances off the bench against the weaker teams but we have been rag dolled repeatedly by stronger teams and there is no way that we are good enough to leave WG out of the starting line up. Most of us are sick of saying this now - it is so blatantly obvious - we look a completely different team with him pulling the strings.

WG seems to have decided to go with the formation from the 2 FCE games. There is a competition for places now everyone is fit. Hendrie has been a good addition. I think the team that started against on Saturday is possibly what WG may think is his best team. The change I would consider from that is Murray/Connelly for Reilly. As it looks like WG is not going to play himself.