The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, blueone said:

Not really. Ritchie was supposed to come to us at the start of the season but then we got drawn with Aberdeen in the League Cup and it was cancelled.

We then got Newman from Utd but he got recalled for Utd's game against Livi leaving us without a keeper so couldn't have happened earlier.

I see.

Still a bit poor recalling him when he had already just started a loan. Still he is Aberdeen’s player at the end of the day. 

I suppose Peterhead have gone back to Aberdeen and asked for him. Particularly if they have given a guarantee of first team football. Reinforcing their argument by pointing out that he is back up for us. 

8 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Scott Fox on loan from Motherwell 

Cover for Currie? Or preferred to Currie? Probably just as replacement for the lad recalled by Aberdeen.

Think Fox played for us before, way way back in the mists of time...

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Always liked Fox tbh. I'm still yet to make my mind up on Currie/don't dislike him like a few others already do but for me I'd have Fox as our No. 1.

Given his experience I doubt he will be happy just to sit on the bench in League 1. I reckon it will be direct competition for the jersey. 

Maybe the young lad going back to Aberdeen wasn’t a bad thing after all. It is unlikely that he was going to challenge Currie, whereas Fox will. 

Edited by qos_75

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Always liked Fox tbh. I'm still yet to make my mind up on Currie/don't dislike him like a few others already do but for me I'd have Fox as our No. 1.

Aye, Fox was a competent enough keeper for us imo, but I get the impression that fans of Clubs he's been at since playing for us haven't always been exactly full of praise for him. I hope we still have space for another "box to box" midfielder as cover for Wilson who  seems to be picking up niggling injuries which I hope isn't going to be a regular occurrence. 

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We've been linked with a loan move for Max Johnston, what did you lot make of him last season?

Started off shaky to say the least, looked very much like dad giving his boy games, he was undropable. For every decent game he had two bad ones. You sometimes even  forgot he was playing he was so anonymous at times. Improved a lot though and was in the team on merit before injury cut his season short. If you get the player we had later in his spell here before injury he'll be fine, but if you get the player we got at the start he'll be an empty jesey. 

46 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just popping in to enquire how Dave McKay’s doing for you lot?

Been out the team the last few weeks but came back in against Rangers, despite his early mistake for a goal he had a really good game. Think he was unfairly dropped but expect him to play a lot more in the coming weeks

7 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Been out the team the last few weeks but came back in against Rangers, despite his early mistake for a goal he had a really good game. Think he was unfairly dropped but expect him to play a lot more in the coming weeks

Aye, there weren't any in that defence or midfield that deserved pass marks in the Clyde game but D McKay was the one, rather unfairly, dropped after it. Haven't seen much of the rangers game but believe he performed quite well. As you say, would expect (or he  should)  feature more  after his showing last Tuesday.