The Queen of the South thread

I agree with sentiment about targeting players for abuse.  I hate that ironic cheering thing that Currie was subjected to.  It must feel horrible and make it yet harder to perform.
I'm not sure that dismissing an entire stand (or implicitly endorsing the view of someone who did) as being full of fannies, is all that constructive either, mind. 
Not my words [emoji38] I know what you mean though and I don't think he was meaning it literally. I expect it was more a call on those who were giving the players targeted abuse.

5 hours ago, Greenacres said:

The car park can we not charge fans to park like most other clubs do ?

Have you managed to forget there are other businesses in the Arena open on matchdays? Or are you just proposing we charge their customers to park too? 

The latter would be a very quick route to tenants leaving.

Frankly when we did charge to use it, back before the Arena opened, the income from it didnt significantly outweigh the costs of two extra stewards to deal with it. 

Another decent post match interview with Gibson there.  Like the way he pointed out that although the Airdrie goal was Max's mistake, the same player won us the point last week by saving a penalty.  He also wasn't happy at the abuse directed at Currie from the main stand.  When I watched the highlights (from an Airdrie poster) I thought it was interesting to see that two or three Airdrie players were immediately in on top of Currie after McCabe's free kick that led to the spill and the goal - I couldn't see any of our defenders reacting with the same desire to help the keeper.

Another decent post match interview with Gibson there.  Like the way he pointed out that although the Airdrie goal was Max's mistake, the same player won us the point last week by saving a penalty.  He also wasn't happy at the abuse directed at Currie from the main stand.  When I watched the highlights (from an Airdrie poster) I thought it was interesting to see that two or three Airdrie players were immediately in on top of Currie after McCabe's free kick that led to the spill and the goal - I couldn't see any of our defenders reacting with the same desire to help the keeper.
Yeah was a decent interview again I thought. I get his point regarding last week's penalty save but the critics would say it was him who cost us the penalty anyway. I think it would have been better to point out Currie made a couple of great saves with his feet in the match. One in particular was actually a brilliant stop as it came through a lot of bodies.

It's the curse of the goalkeeper though. If you make a balls up that's all that's remembered. He could have had the game of his life after his mistake and all that would have been remembered was his blunder.

Counter that with strikers - Reilly got us the equaliser in the match and therefore no one will remember he should have equalised for us in the first half.

Who'd be a goalkeeper [emoji38]

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Counter that with strikers - Reilly got us the equaliser in the match and therefore no one will remember he should have equalised for us in the first half.

Aye true. To be fair to Reilly though, in his interview he did admit that he should've scored in the first half.

Aye true. To be fair to Reilly though, in his interview he did admit that he should've scored in the first half.
I'm not criticising him. Strikers will miss loads of chances during a game: I'd argue Paton's miss was worse. All they need to do is get a goal for it to be forgotten. If a keeper makes a cock-up that's it for him. Just the way of football sadly (for goalkeepers certainly).

Well that is three of the first four results I would have probably taken back in June. Still just the Clyde disaster outstanding, but a win next week would likely offset that and leave us with an acceptable 8pts from the first 5. 

Decent chance to catch up the table a bit too with playing Falkirk and the four other teams above us all against each other. 

Still such a long way to go but an enjoyable victory today.

4 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Saying that , SD was there and could of gave at least limited updates. 

SD was on a family holiday with my kids, sat in the crowd, not working and isnt on Twitter. 

Go aim your 'could of' somewhere else.

I broke a self imposed exile to post a summary on here after since nobody seemed to know much about it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

SD was on a family holiday with my kids, sat in the crowd, not working and isnt on Twitter. 
Go shove your 'could of' up yer arse.
I broke a self imposed exile to post a summary on here after since nobody seemed to know much about it.

FTFY ffs.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As I replied at the time, your summary was very much appreciated, thank you.

We sometimes forget how almost everything surrounding our lives these days seems to be constantly updating via social media, 24 hour news etc. When I was young, it was often only reading the newspaper next day that you found out the scores!!