The Queen of the South thread

The goalkeeping position is, as many people told us, going to be a problem. Currie is good at some things but he's far from the complete article. He reminds me of Antell. Unless we sign an experienced goal keeper success this year will be avoiding relegation. Two points out of nine is relegation material and unless we make a change soon we're going to be in trouble. Okay goalkeepers get the blame when the defense need to have a look at themselves but I have zero confidence in Currie. Still think, although lacking in experience, we should have stuck with Charlie Cowie. Surely he is better than Currie and will be wasted at Glecairn. I'd be more forgiving of him than I am of Currie. Get him back Wullie. 

The goalkeeping position is, as many people told us, going to be a problem. Currie is good at some things but he's far from the complete article. He reminds me of Antell. Unless we sign an experienced goal keeper success this year will be avoiding relegation. Two points out of nine is relegation material and unless we make a change soon we're going to be in trouble. Okay goalkeepers get the blame when the defense need to have a look at themselves but I have zero confidence in Currie. Still think, although lacking in experience, we should have stuck with Charlie Cowie. Surely he is better than Currie and will be wasted at Glecairn. I'd be more forgiving of him than I am of Currie. Get him back Wullie. 
You want an experienced GK but are pining for an 18 year old to return? I don't think Cowie would dramatically improve us. The whole back line needs sorted. Once we get a settled backline we'll hopefully see an improvement in Currie.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

You want an experienced GK but are pining for an 18 year old to return? I don't think Cowie would dramatically improve us. The whole back line needs sorted. Once we get a settled backline we'll hopefully see an improvement in Currie.

I don’t like being overly harsh but let’s be honest Currie is shite. I think most fans are at that stage where he makes a save (which he should make) and fans lap it up. He’s shit scared to come off his lines which doesn’t exactly give any confidence to an already shaky defence. 

Wonder if George Galloway has put a curse on Palmerston. To forever be pish at home. Tbf like i said earlier 2nd half we stepped up but hopefully from now on we can replicate that for near enough 90 mins. Need the 3 points next week thats for sure.

I don’t like being overly harsh but let’s be honest Currie is shite. I think most fans are at that stage where he makes a save (which he should make) and fans lap it up. He’s shit scared to come off his lines which doesn’t exactly give any confidence to an already shaky defence. 
I'm not exactly defending Currie. I just don't think an inexperienced Cowie would be much of an upgrade.

I'm not exactly defending Currie. I just don't think an inexperienced Cowie would be much of an upgrade.
This. It isnt an upgrade. Currie poor for goal but once defence settles and we get the proper back 4 in itl improve.

Maybe a little early to start slating players and writing them off but 3/4 players just aren’t going to cut it if we have any aspirations of play offs/promotion. 

Currie is an absolute bombscare and his mistake today looks typical of what we will see on more than a few occasions this season.  We are already so fragile at the back he just isn’t good enough and doesn’t inspire confidence in the players ahead of him. Seeing him now I think Airdrie would have won the league last season with anyone else between the sticks. 

McKenna in the first half was all over the place and was getting another Clyde style roasting, lost count of the amount of times he lost the ball in a tackle or just passed the ball straight to an Airdrie player or out the park. Firmly in the Ryan Muir surely must be given a chance soon camp as I would much rather develop our own young player than watch this charlatan stink the place out every week. 

Can anyone point me in the direction of anything Harry Cochrane has done well this season ? Possible he was ill today, as he looked even further off the pace than usual, yes it was extremely hot but he had his hands on his head a couple of times and seemed to be really struggling before being hooked. I think we all know Cochrane wouldn’t be here unless he had a massive drop off in his output,  it’s actually getting a bit worrying that he keeps turning out the same insipid displays almost every week and showing no signs of the exciting prospect that burst on to the scene for Hearts. 

I was actually quite pleased when Paul McKay was announced as staying on for this season, well that was short lived. The back 3 has been an absolute disaster so I’m hoping it’s a 4-4-2 from now on after the improved second half, McKay was about the only player today that carried that first half performance into the second and was as bad if not worse in the second half. That isn’t a one off though I think he has looked really shaky this season and all over the place (possibly playing as the left side of the centre back pairing) at times today. 

Special mentions for Todd and McKechnie, they grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck when coming on and it lifted almost the whole team. Possibly unlucky not to grab a winner late on if it wasn’t for a wonder save from a Mckechnie shot with the outside of his foot. Must win next week at Peterhead where surely we ditch the back 5 experiment and set up with a 4-4-2. 

First visit to Palmy in what seemed like ages yesterday.

Bought the ticket on-line with my phone, no hassle, quick and easy.  Only a couple of gripes: first, the QR code appearing on the club app didn't also show my seat number (although I could get that from the confirmatory email), second I chose a seat number high up in the BDS to get out of the sun's heat but on arrival found that the seat was under the media scaffold platform (surely an easy problem to solve on the ticketing system) and another fan had the same problem as me - not a disaster of course as I just sat somewhere else (always plenty of empty seats at Palmy these days).

First half - Jesus, I forgot how much some Queens fans moan.  The guys behind me constantly criticised every touch of a Queens player - and OK we were poor in that first half and poorly set up, but a bit of encouragement now and again doesn't go wrong.  By half time I'd had enough and sat in a different section for the second half.

Palmerston - I do love the place, but it needs some TLC.  The toilet cubicles in the BDS were broken and not fit for purpose.  OK, I get that we are just manky fitba fans but this is the 21st century now and we are competing with other leisure time attractions for customers.  We should at least get the basics right.

Went to the club shop pre-match.  Thought I'd treat myself to the sky blue polo shirt, but only one left (XXL) and I'm a (L) so nothing doing there.  Maybe they'd had a few and they sold out quick?

Enjoyed the game though (if not the first half) and thought by the end we might just have shaded it.

We have technically gifted players but very few are streetwise what we need for League 1 .

It will always be a battle a few of our players just don't want or can do that .

Every game this season at some point we have been bullied.

We lack aggression has Wullie signed to many nice players time will tell .

49 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Bought the ticket on-line with my phone, no hassle, quick and easy.  Only a couple of gripes: first, the QR code appearing on the club app didn't also show my seat number (although I could get that from the confirmatory email), second I chose a seat number high up in the BDS to get out of the sun's heat but on arrival found that the seat was under the media scaffold platform (surely an easy problem to solve on the ticketing system) and another fan had the same problem as me - not a disaster of course as I just sat somewhere else (always plenty of empty seats at Palmy these days).

First half - Jesus, I forgot how much some Queens fans moan.  The guys behind me constantly criticised every touch of a Queens player - and OK we were poor in that first half and poorly set up, but a bit of encouragement now and again doesn't go wrong.  By half time I'd had enough and sat in a different section for the second half.

Palmerston - I do love the place, but it needs some TLC.  The toilet cubicles in the BDS were broken and not fit for purpose.  OK, I get that we are just manky fitba fans but this is the 21st century now and we are competing with other leisure time attractions for customers.  We should at least get the basics right.

Went to the club shop pre-match.  Thought I'd treat myself to the sky blue polo shirt, but only one left (XXL) and I'm a (L) so nothing doing there.  Maybe they'd had a few and they sold out quick?

Enjoyed the game though (if not the first half) and thought by the end we might just have shaded it.

With the tops you normally have to go a size (or two) up from what you normally are as Macron kits are really poorly sized

9 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

With the tops you normally have to go a size (or two) up from what you normally are as Macron kits are really poorly sized

OK cheers.  That single XXL left looked massive though.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

There isn't a club app for ticketing, as such, it's the system provider, Ticketco, app. Is that what you used? I thought it did show the seat. 

The unavailable seats will be easy enough to sort out. 

ETA - the polo shirts have been in the shop for quite a while, so most likely sold out. 

Edited by Homer Thompson

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 hours ago, QoS99 said:

We have a goalie on loan from Aberdeen maybe time to give the lad a go? 

1 hour ago, Homer Thompson said:

There isn't a club app for ticketing, as such, it's the system provider, Ticketco, app. Is that what you used? I thought it did show the seat. 

ETA - the polo shirts have been in the shop for quite a while, so most likely sold out. 

I was being less than exact in my description there.  I ordered the tickets using the club mobile app, and I suppose I was then automatically directed to the Ticketco site and the QR code popped up immediately there.  That particular window showing the QR code didn't have the seat number on it.  Wasn't an issue cos I could get the seat number (and the QR code) from the associated email.  Just thought it would have been useful to have the seat number stated above or below the QR code that popped up.  Not a big issue.

Any likelihood of more sky blue polo shirts being ordered?

Edited by Otis Blue

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

I was being less than exact in my description there.  I ordered the tickets using the club mobile app, and I suppose I was then automatically directed to the Ticketco site and the QR code popped up immediately there.  That particular window showing the QR code didn't have the seat number on it.  Wasn't an issue cos I could get the seat number (and the QR code) from the associated email.  Just thought it would have been useful to have the seat number stated above or below the QR code that popped up.  Not a big issue.

Any likelihood of more sky blue polo shirts being ordered?

Ah, ok. That makes sense. We can check for the seat number there

I have no idea about more polo shirts Im afraid! 

Was at the game yesterday first half was easily forgotten . 2 half think we done enough to win it I think was certainly better with a back 4 .

the main reason for message to the guy who was sitting in main stand in white queens top sitting with his young son who was screaming abuse at Gibson to get cochrane off ( yes he was not having the best of days) I fully understand Gibson reaction to this idiot yesterday. 
i know as a queens fan we get frustrated but this guy was a disgrace and he spoiled my Saturday by his attitude and his example he give his son sitting next to him 

6 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

second I chose a seat number high up in the BDS to get out of the sun's heat but on arrival found that the seat was under the media scaffold platform (surely an easy problem to solve on the ticketing system) and another fan had the same problem as me - not a disaster of course as I just sat somewhere else (always plenty of empty seats at Palmy these days).

4 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

ETA - the polo shirts have been in the shop for quite a while, so most likely sold oou

The seats underneath the 3 gantries were supposed to have been removed from availability before we launched. I thought they had been but now find myself wondering if they were only blocked off for season ticket selection rather than individual matches. Needs checked, thanks for the heads up.

Sky blue polos have been most popular of the 3 colours and largely sold out very quickly. I expect we'll get more but bigger priority will be getting the warm up tops and 3rd kit available.  I noticed Forest staff using the same sky blue polos today. St Johnstone did too. Clearly popular part of the Macron range.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The seats underneath the 3 gantries were supposed to have been removed from availability before we launched. I thought they had been but now find myself wondering if they were only blocked off for season ticket selection rather than individual matches. Needs checked, thanks for the heads up.

When I booked the seats via the app I saw a small number of seats "missing" up at the back of the BDS around the half-way line, and I assumed those would be the seats below the media platform so I booked another seat which looked as though it was clear/available.  Wasn't the case when I got in though - my seat was also under the media platform.  Another guy came up a few minutes later and he had the same problem.  Had the media platform been extended perhaps?

Wullie must be aware that there are always numpties at the games and unless we can filter them out at the turnstiles they will always be there. As Strachan once said of the boo boys they are only a handful and are not representative of the supporters in general so the management team has to ignore the verbal criticism from a minority of the punters otherwise they will self destruct.
Edited by mwwqos321