The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Stephen Hendrie from Thistle. Another defender/LB. Speaks volumes really. I really hope he's a solid player as we need to sort that backline asap. No idea about him, I'm sure Thistle fans can fill us in.

Absolutely. Hoping he has more presence and solidity about him than what’s been evident in defence so far. Fingers crossed. 

At least with Stephen Hendrie around the place we should get some decent breaks.  Hopefully he adapts well to Palmerston's green baize-like pitch surface and doesn't need a Long Rest before he's up to match speed.  I'm pleased to see Wullie hasn't Baulked at the idea of adding to the squad, but it may end up being a shot to nothing.

I'll get my waistcoat...

At least with Stephen Hendrie around the place we should get some decent breaks.  Hopefully he adapts well to Palmerston's green baize-like pitch surface and doesn't need a Long Rest before he's up to match speed.  I'm pleased to see Wullie hasn't Baulked at the idea of adding to the squad, but it may end up being a shot to nothing.
I'll get my waistcoat...
Yer potter is pish...

On 09/08/2022 at 18:06, Manwithnoball said:

Am I the only one that thinks that Dave McKay was hard done on to being dropped. I honestly thought that Paul McKay was our weakest link. At least Dave has a bit of physicality about himself.

No you’re not - I am always wary of central defenders who wear their socks at their ankles and generally look as though they would prefer to be a playmaker in midfield. At this level we need central defenders who want to defend and do the dirty stuff diligently. Our defence has been powder puff for a few seasons now and this needs to improve big time. Not sure why Dave McKay is seen as the odd man out - McKenna   although not competing for a central defensive role has led a charmed life. Nothing wrong in staying loyal to players but I think in Ryan Muir we have a big contender for the RB role. I was surprised to see Morrison keep out Dave McKay for the Montrose match and although we kept a clean sheet our defending was really poor at times.

17 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I'll get my waistcoat...

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Yer potter is pish...

Naw it's no .... it's pot on ... 🫣

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Stephen Hendrie from Thistle. Another defender/LB. Speaks volumes really. I really hope he's a solid player as we need to sort that backline asap. No idea about him, I'm sure Thistle fans can fill us in.

Thistle fan I worked with says he liked him and would have kept him, strong as an ox ... dare we be encouraged?

Hendrie was solid enough at Championship level last season, so should be fine at league one level once he gets up to speed. If he could cover either CB or RB we might have kept him but he's a left back and a left back only.

One concern would be that's two years running he's not bothered his arse with a proper pre season as he only signed for us in September last year. He's a better full back than McKenna anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

One concern would be that's two years running he's not bothered his arse with a proper pre season as he only signed for us in September last year. He's a better full back than McKenna anyway. 

It appears he doesn't do preseason, he joined Killie in the September of the 2019/20 season after his summer lease from Southend.

9 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Hendrie was solid enough at Championship level last season, so should be fine at league one level once he gets up to speed. If he could cover either CB or RB we might have kept him but he's a left back and a left back only.

Cheers for the feedback ... Hendrie being an upgrade on McKenna is pretty well what my Jags colleague said as well ...

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Cheers for the feedback ... Hendrie being an upgrade on McKenna is pretty well what my Jags colleague said as well ...

Good that Hendrie is a upgrade on McKenna he really has to up his game to something like a decent right back .Hope for  2 more signing  a left winger to replace Fitzpatrick and a forward who is good in the air both positions difficult to get quality in .

We need more goals in the team.

8 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Good that Hendrie is a upgrade on McKenna he really has to up his game to something like a decent right back .Hope for  2 more signing  a left winger to replace Fitzpatrick and a forward who is good in the air both positions difficult to get quality in .

We need more goals in the team.

Would really like Ugwu who still doesn’t have a club, was linked with Falkirk and Hamilton earlier on in the window

Although it was an draw we should of won that at the end really moved up a few gears attacking wise when we switched to an 4 has to stay from now on get the back 3 to f**k. 3 points nothing less next week 

Indeed. A point away from home is never a bad outcome but we have to be hoping for a win next weekend. I don't for a second expect an easy game but we still need to be looking for 3.