The Queen of the South thread

Is now not the time to add loan signing we need more quality in the squad .
McGory is going to be out for a while it will take time to get Reilly Wilson and Ruth match fit .
We just lack that key player to win us games.

Still need a striker and winger / cm for me at least.

17 hours ago, QosLoyal said:
20 hours ago, Greenacres said:
Is now not the time to add loan signing we need more quality in the squad .
McGory is going to be out for a while it will take time to get Reilly Wilson and Ruth match fit .
We just lack that key player to win us games.

Still need a striker and winger / cm for me at least.

He said he wasn't going to go down the loan player route. 

I get the logic behind that but a couple wouldn't hurt so long as they're decent. 

17 minutes ago, Kunter said:

He said he wasn't going to go down the loan player route. 

I get the logic behind that but a couple wouldn't hurt so long as they're decent. 

I don't think Wullie actually ruled out getting loans in but rather hoped he wouldn't need to. 

So, given Raith’s CB circus, and the fact we’ve now signed a 23 y-o CB with somewhat more, though lower level, experience than Dave McKay had, …oh, and also coming back from a more recent knee injury…I was wondering how Big Dave is doing of you lot so far? I know he was decent enough looking early in the preseason, but I expect it’s not been entirely smooth sailing given your record. He was always on the right side, at CB or RB for us, but I thought I saw Wullie playing him toward the left.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

That away top is a thing if absolute beauty. Will definitely be getting purchased.

Agreed. Both my sons have asked for this top rather than the home shirt (which we also like but just not nearly as much).

The thought of getting the new tops will make up for a miserable visit to the club shop last week. The room display there was as bad as the team's against Clyde! Empty rails, only very small or very large sizes available etc, a wasted trip in. The team behind the counter were polite and friendly but didn't have any info on new stock arriving. I'm sure a lot of it is to do with supply issues, which is the case for many businesses for the foreseeable.

13 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Am.i the only one that thinks that Dave McKay was hard down to being dropped. I honestly thought that Paul McKay was our weakest link. At least Dave has a bit of physicality about himself.

Totally agree. Games are passing P McKay by, weak in tackle and in the air, just goes long all the time too. 

34 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Agreed. It's tremendous. 

It is very pleasing to the eye it has to be said.  I particularly like how the Building Craftsmen logo is fairly unobtrusive.  Shame the same can't be said for the MKM logo on the back - that to me is the only downside.  I'm old school - (okay, just old then!) - and don't like being a mobile sponsor board, but I'm sorely tempted to update my shirt collection with this one.  The most recent one I have is the maroon centenary away top which I'm also particularly fond of.

I'm wondering if the main sponsors logo on the front of our shirts is deliberately understated following the outcry about who the shirt draw winner was. Personally I've no problem with the Chairman's Company winning the shirt draw sponsorship but I've never seen any instances of the Company advertising itself as "bcd" before with even smaller writing of the Company name underneath. It must be about the smallest shirt logo writing of any shirt sponsor, its as if he's embarrassed about it. 

Stephen Hendrie from Thistle. Another defender/LB. Speaks volumes really. I really hope he's a solid player as we need to sort that backline asap. No idea about him, I'm sure Thistle fans can fill us in.