The Queen of the South thread

5 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Sounds as though from the weekend we were in particular getting rinsed from the wide areas, so hopefully a team of - Currie, Gibson, D. McKay, Morrison, Muir, Murray, Todd, Cochrane, L. Gibson, Paton, (Reilly or Ruth if fit).

Also, did anyone attend the open training session today - how was it?

I hope that several players are dropped after Saturday. Totally agree that the defence needs revamped completely. I have absolutely no idea about the profile of GK Ritchie but I assume that Gordon Marshall rates him so if he is decent I would start him as Currie inspires very little confidence. Hope that Muir, Wilson, East, Lewis Gibson and Reilly/Ruth come in. Wouldn’t mind Dom McMahon figuring either as that midfield on Sat was non existent. Need some energy and fight in there whoever features.

Sat and the Annan match highlighted some huge shortcomings in our squad. It will be interesting to see what the reaction is against a very well organised, competitive Montrose side.

On 29/07/2022 at 12:21, 19QOS19 said:

Bit harsh. It's the summer holidays and folk might want to enjoy the weather/spend time with their kids while they're off.

Worked for a joke of a company in my last post who said we couldn't take certain weeks off and thought it was farcical.

It might sound harsh but we are a 'Professional' football club, surely they have someone that should be in the week before the season starts that can put names and numbers on the back of strips?

It might sound harsh but we are a 'Professional' football club, surely they have someone that should be in the week before the season starts that can put names and numbers on the back of strips?

We're a small club though. If someone wants that week off for a holiday then I'm glad we're the type of employer who allows it. As I say, my last employer would tell us certain weeks were off limits for holidays. I think it's a disgrace tbh. Particularly in the summer holidays when there are only 7 weeks that families can potentially be off together.

3 game ban for Connelly always thought you only got 2 .

He is going to be a huge miss along with McGory .

Really need a couple of real quality loans in but very difficult to get players in . We need more aggression in the team we are  far to soft just now easy to beat  

Edited by Greenacres

Good to hear from players (Wilson, Cochrane/Reilly as well as Gibson) in today's standard, something that has been missing over the past few years. Hopefully not just a one off due to players training in Dumfries earlier this week. Hearing from players means fans and players can get closer together and can only help to foster better relationships and bring more supporters along to Palmerston

11 hours ago, Greenacres said:

3 game ban for Connelly always thought you only got 2 .

He is going to be a huge miss along with McGory .

Really need a couple of real quality loans in but very difficult to get players in . We need more aggression in the team we are  far to soft just now easy to beat  

Another well informed post🙄 Try getting the facts right before posting

Good to hear from players (Wilson, Cochrane/Reilly as well as Gibson) in today's standard, something that has been missing over the past few years. Hopefully not just a one off due to players training in Dumfries earlier this week. Hearing from players means fans and players can get closer together and can only help to foster better relationships and bring more supporters along to Palmerston
Getting a home win first and foremost will be the thing getting fans back. Damage against Clyde last week with a decent crowd was the worst.

15 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It IS a 2 game ban. If @Greenacres tells you its saturday its best to double check.

Thanks for clearing that up Skyline .

Think I am certain now we have 1 point from 6 very disappointing start we are miles away from a team looking to challenge at the top of the League .

We need something to get us  going we need more quality added to the squad 

I feel like a 0-0 draw in Montrose in isolation isn't a bad result. 

Montrose have been in playoffs for the last four years and that is where we should be aiming.

The problem of course is it's on the back of a truly shocking opening day defeat and 1 point from 6 doesn't sound great and already puts huge pressure on next week where it could easily turn to 1 in 9. 

The challenge for Gibson and the players is showing over the next month or two that the Clyde game was a total aberration. Today was a very small step in the right direction imo. 

3 hours ago, DoonhamerDon said:

I feel like a 0-0 draw in Montrose in isolation isn't a bad result. 

Indeed.

An away point is generally decent enough, unless you happen to have quite the worst home record in all of recorded human history.

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That seems terribly harsh.

Implying it might be out of order, but merely inferring it takes us into the realms of the thought police.

I hope we appeal it.

Not sure you can appeal yellow cards except in the case of mistaken identity, and we wouldn't stand a chance with that. It was definitely Oor Wullie that implied the Ref would be better employed as a circus entertainer. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not sure you can appeal yellow cards except in the case of mistaken identity, and we wouldn't stand a chance with that. It was definitely Oor Wullie that implied the Ref would be better employed as a circus entertainer. 

Yes, I know all of that.