The Queen of the South thread

18 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

We need another CM for me and winger/attacker. Thats possibly before looking at defensive cover. Imo. Not sold on Quitongo as the left sided option.

Watch his tracking back/positioning for the Clyde second goal, almost as embarrassing as McKennas efforts to stop the header for number 4. 

Watch his tracking back/positioning for the Clyde second goal, almost as embarrassing as McKennas efforts to stop the header for number 4. 
Mckenna and him were guff yesterday. Depends what Gibson is doing this season buy i felt we need another option that side unless East is gonna get shunted about all over the bit.

We need another CM for me and winger/attacker. Thats possibly before looking at defensive cover. Imo. Not sold on Quitongo as the left sided option.
A fit Wilson will make a huge difference which is the what I'm clinging on to the now. We need to get a settled backline sorted ASAP though. If Clyde had been more decisive in the final third yesterday that could have been a lot worse. Not sold on Gibson in CM tbh. If he plays he should be at RB. Arguably the best RB in the Championship in the last couple of years, mental he isn't giving himself a game there this season.

Guest Flash
10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
45 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

A fit Wilson will make a huge difference which is the what I'm clinging on to the now. We need to get a settled backline sorted ASAP though. If Clyde had been more decisive in the final third yesterday that could have been a lot worse. Not sold on Gibson in CM tbh. If he plays he should be at RB. Arguably the best RB in the Championship in the last couple of years, mental he isn't giving himself a game there this season.

To me, that defence looks like the worst we’ve had since before we went up in 2002 when we had part-time jobbers. I agree about the midfield being weak but the defence looks absolutely dreadful. If Gibson plays at RB, fair enough. But I think we need at least 3 new defenders. I mean, that could have been 6 or 7 yesterday.  We’re playing at home, in League 1 got absolutely gubbed and it could have been worse. I mean, they have hit rock bottom and are starting to dig.

30 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

It was but where did the build up come from? Failure of the right back to cut out the cross . 3 of the 4 goals came from the right back positions failure.  He was getting ripped apart every attack. Wasn't  hard to fix, just get Gibson back there for all he was doing in midfield...

8 minutes ago, Kunter said:

It was but where did the build up come from? Failure of the right back to cut out the cross . 3 of the 4 goals came from the right back positions failure.  He was getting ripped apart every attack. Wasn't  hard to fix, just get Gibson back there for all he was doing in midfield...

And who would have played midfield? We were already missing Wilson and Todd before McGrory went off injured 

I can't defend McKenna but that second goal is down to McKay IMO. He literally just had to go and mark the goalscorer and nothing comes of it.

2 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Yip, I ambled out to get a paper this morning with more urgency than Quitongo musters there.

2 hours ago, Kunter said:

The boy that ripped him for arse paper couldn’t score though, the two in the middle have to do more. McKay escapes a little blame for me as if he commits himself to go and help Mckenna (who badly needed it) he leaves the boy alone at the back post. I think he maybe thought if I stay here I might be able to cut out the cross. 

31 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep.

1421 according to the BBC.

Anytime we have a half decent crowd we always shite the bed. Thistle in the last game of the season before the play offs spring to mind, and more recently Annan

Are we too attack minded?

You defend from the front but to be able to defend you need to be behind the ball. All too often players were too far forward leaving big gaps in front of the defence. Paton as a lone striker with Connolly, Murray and McKechnie playing in behind. None done a great job getting back defending. When McCory went off the shape changed. before this Gibson and Cochrane were playing in front of Mccory who was doing the dirty work in front of the centre halves. Once we he went off no one took on that position and all too often Gibson and Cochrane were pushing forward leaving big gaps in behind

On 31/07/2022 at 20:28, QoS99 said:

Anytime we have a half decent crowd we always shite the bed. Thistle in the last game of the season before the play offs spring to mind, and more recently Annan

Every time guaranteed. 

We'd be better just being a permanent away team 

2 hours ago, Kunter said:

Every time guaranteed. 

We'd be better just being a permanent away team 

Totally. Even after that debacle at weekend, I fancy our chances more this coming weekend than I did last week.

Not predicting a walkover, or saying we'll definitely win, just that I fancy our chances more. 

Sounds as though from the weekend we were in particular getting rinsed from the wide areas, so hopefully a team of - Currie, Gibson, D. McKay, Morrison, Muir, Murray, Todd, Cochrane, L. Gibson, Paton, (Reilly or Ruth if fit).

Also, did anyone attend the open training session today - how was it?

2 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Sounds as though from the weekend we were in particular getting rinsed from the wide areas, so hopefully a team of - Currie, Gibson, D. McKay, Morrison, Muir, Murray, Todd, Cochrane, L. Gibson, Paton, (Reilly or Ruth if fit).

Also, did anyone attend the open training session today - how was it?

Wilson , Ruth & Reilly all trained. Todd & McGrory missed out 

9 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Wilson , Ruth & Reilly all trained. Todd & McGrory missed out 

Hopefully 2/3 start after the injury to McGrory and the suspension of Connelly. What was the intensity of training like out of interest?