The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Good effort. 

Has the sign been changed though?

I get that you don't really want to know the answer, but I'm providing it anyway. 

They've at last removed the sticker advertising our upcoming game against Ayr last April, but at the last count hadn't yet replaced it with anything.

The Coffee Shop one remains where it's been for the last three years, at a spot about thirty yards from where it first fell, two years before that.

Only so much one groundsman can do. Whatever happened to the young lad that joined the grounds team last year ? Never been seen or heard of since. 

I don't think it should fall to the groundsman either tbh. Our Chairman will surely be in a position to get discount from local painters.

17 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

I know we don't have a match day reporter, but any reason the starting XI and subs from the LC games haven't been added to the OS? 

Not sure why the line-ups etc haven't been added, but I do find it somewhat bizarre that the match reports dried up at exactly the same time that the three UWS media trainees joined the club to do stuff like... match reports 😕

ETA - makes me really appreciate the work Finlay Jack put in when he was at the club.

Edited by Slipmat

1200 season tickets is some going for us when you consider the cost of living at the moment
Not to put a downer on it but I'd imagine the majority of them are Under 16 ST. I've got two; for my daughter and nephew. They'll probably get to a handful of games but it makes sense to purchase one. I'd like to know how many ST we've actually sold.

Still, good to see interest shown given our home attendances tended to be less than that number last season.

Not to put a downer on it but I'd imagine the majority of them are Under 16 ST. I've got two; for my daughter and nephew. They'll probably get to a handful of games but it makes sense to purchase one. I'd like to know how many ST we've actually sold.

Still, good to see interest shown given our home attendances tended to be less than that number last season.
True but a winning team on the park will hopefully encourage these youngsters to come most weeks and even to bring a friend or two maybe in the longer run. And avoid the bigot sisters.

1 hour ago, Qos91 said:

Am I being stupid or is there no home adult tickets available to buy online?

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Minor blip with the timings on the system. Should be available now

9 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Not sure why the line-ups etc haven't been added, but I do find it somewhat bizarre that the match reports dried up at exactly the same time that the three UWS media trainees joined the club to do stuff like... match reports 😕

ETA - makes me really appreciate the work Finlay Jack put in when he was at the club.

They werent trainees, they were volunteers. We want(ed) them to do matchday reporting but I dont think they are all that keen. They seem to be more interested in doing video content from training.

We should all appreciate the work Finlay did, he's been a massive loss. To be honest, we've been incredibly lucky for years with match reporters. After Colin we had a couple of guys who knew football inside out, then had 4 journalism students from UWS, who were all really good and all went on to get decent jobs in the industry. UWS dont do journalism in Dumfries anymore which is why we were even luckier to get Finlay for a couple of years. Of course, he has also gone on to get a job as a journalist.

As far as I know, we do have someone writing the home match reports, just not sure which will be their first game. They couldnt make the cup games.

What it should make you appreciate is how difficult it is to get volunteers to do things on match days.

Only so much one groundsman can do. Whatever happened to the young lad that joined the grounds team last year ? Never been seen or heard of since. 
I'd be happy to volunteer if anyone involved can PM me. Particularly keen to get a strimmer out around the car park. The Terregles end looks great! What a difference.

6 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Inevitable after backing us. Our home form though. Honestly pathetic .

Oh totally agree the home form is garbage. I'd fancy our chances more away to Clyde but that scoreline is abysmal stuff. Embarrassing.

I welcome the lack of updates on twitter from the club. 

Edited by Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army