The Queen of the South thread

Couldn’t spare Dave McKay for a couple of months, could you? I said we”d regret letting him go…
Been impressed with him so far. Hopefully avoids injury and can build a solid partnership with someone at the back.

Early days though. This time last year we were raving about Ally Roy...

9 hours ago, queenslad said:

Are Queens doing programmes this year? I was looking to order mine on line but cannot see anything and some told me there were no programmes at the Premier Sports league cup matches

There were no programmes for the cup games but I'm pretty sure there will be for the league games. The online subscription was ran by the printers not the club. Not sure if they plan to do it again this season or not 

I see we've entered a team into the returning SPFL reserve league
http://www.qosfc.com/news-5823
Could have been a decent avenue to stop that B team Lowland league nonsense but as usual it's too little too late.
10 team league playing each other once [emoji51] Hardly seems worth the effort?

Extra game time for the lads. I suspect most of them will be loaned out as well.

18 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Have you actually got the plastic ticket? 

Yes received it when I purchased the season tickets.

No idea why there is a surcharge of £2 per ticket .

Surprised the ticket office at the BDS stand will be closed can  only get match day tickets at the Arena  looks like they really want fans to  buy season tickets and match day tickets online .

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Yes received it when I purchased the season tickets.

No idea why there is a surcharge of £2 per ticket .

Surprised the ticket office at the BDS stand will be closed can  only get match day tickets at the Arena  looks like they really want fans to  buy season tickets and match day tickets online .

21 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Season ticket and 2 Junior tickets got for another season .

Decided to get plastic tickets wish someone had told me they are a extra £2 each will take the online option next season .

Wonder if we will start getting regular updates from the club and Wullie pre match started it with AJ but since Finlay left it has all stopped 

There isn't a "surcharge". There's a charge to print something on a plastic card that you could keep a picture of on your phone or print on a bit of paper if you wanted. Materials, equipment and labour all have costs. If you don't want to pay it, put it on your phone.

The away ticket office at the BDS Stand sold SIX tickets to St Johnstone fans last week. Kilmarnock operate an 18,000 capacity stadium with an average attendance of 5,000+ using the same system and manage to do it with a single ticket office. There were several grounds in the Championship last season where it simply wasn't possible to buy a ticket in person on the day, at least for away fans, but at Arbroath I believe it was all fans. Its a nonsense to say we need 2 or 3 ticket offices at Palmerston to cater for crowds just over 1,000 when the majority will have some sort of season ticket and the a fair chunk of the rest inhabit the 21st century and will have used their phones to buy online like the rest of the country does. There's a facility available for people who want to buy on paper in person or need to do so. It doesn't need to be on every corner of the ground! It's unlikely the BDS Home office will open again and I'm not convinced the Away one will either. Certainly not for most of the away supports we'll see this season.

People will get used to the new system just like they got used to having to get a ticket when we moved away from direct cash at the turnstile. Bigger (and smaller) clubs than us are doing so just fine. Now that we're into league fixtures and people will be using season tickets it's highly possible we'll not sell even 100 tickets in person on matchdays. 

And Finlay Jack did a lot of great stuff for the club and is a big loss to it but he had nothing to do with arranging updates from Wullie or the club.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There isn't a "surcharge". There's a charge to print something on a plastic card that you could keep a picture of on your phone or print on a bit of paper if you wanted. Materials, equipment and labour all have costs. If you don't want to pay it, put it on your phone.

The away ticket office at the BDS Stand sold SIX tickets to St Johnstone fans last week. Kilmarnock operate an 18,000 capacity stadium with an average attendance of 5,000+ using the same system and manage to do it with a single ticket office. There were several grounds in the Championship last season where it simply wasn't possible to buy a ticket in person on the day, at least for away fans, but at Arbroath I believe it was all fans. Its a nonsense to say we need 2 or 3 ticket offices at Palmerston to cater for crowds just over 1,000 when the majority will have some sort of season ticket and the a fair chunk of the rest inhabit the 21st century and will have used their phones to buy online like the rest of the country does. There's a facility available for people who want to buy on paper in person or need to do so. It doesn't need to be on every corner of the ground! It's unlikely the BDS Home office will open again and I'm not convinced the Away one will either. Certainly not for most of the away supports we'll see this season.

People will get used to the new system just like they got used to having to get a ticket when we moved away from direct cash at the turnstile. Bigger (and smaller) clubs than us are doing so just fine. Now that we're into league fixtures and people will be using season tickets it's highly possible we'll not sell even 100 tickets in person on matchdays. 

And Finlay Jack did a lot of great stuff for the club and is a big loss to it but he had nothing to do with arranging updates from Wullie or the club.

My moan is why did he not just tell me it would cost £2 a card that would have made me try online he told me when my receipt was printing out that there was a charge.

Does not really matter main thing is I have got a reply from you is that you back for the new  season

7 hours ago, DoonhamerDon said:

I see we've entered a team into the returning SPFL reserve league

http://www.qosfc.com/news-5823

Could have been a decent avenue to stop that B team Lowland league nonsense but as usual it's too little too late.

10 team league playing each other once 😬 Hardly seems worth the effort?

Maybe the cup competition is in groups and will create more fixtures?  I dunno. 

I suppose we will have a side playing in a couple of the South of Scotland cups so the fixture list may be beefed up in due course.

Incidentally, do Queens Park Reserves still "Stroll"?  The "Strollers" moniker always made me chuckle, I had visions of the players swanning about the pitch wearing stripey blazers, cravats and straw boaters with walking cane in hand.

Maybe the cup competition is in groups and will create more fixtures?  I dunno. 
I suppose we will have a side playing in a couple of the South of Scotland cups so the fixture list may be beefed up in due course.
Incidentally, do Queens Park Reserves still "Stroll"?  The "Strollers" moniker always made me chuckle, I had visions of the players swanning about the pitch wearing stripey blazers, cravats and straw boaters with walking cane in hand.

Reserve League Cup is groups with format tbd. Either two groups of six playing once or four groups of three playing twice.

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Don’t get the negativity here? Could be an avenue for us to get players on loan

27 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Totally agree

I don't think it's directed at the content. 

Apologies if I’ve missed something but is the strip we wore at Elgin the new one for season 22/23? I recall talk of it not being ready until the end of July. What with the logos and all I’m assuming this is the new one, and not a temporary solution. If so, then it’s a belter. Exactly what a queens strip should look like imho. If they can show similar restraint on the 2nd (and 3rd?) strips we’ll look the part this season.