The Queen of the South thread

36 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Sounds like Paton was precautionary and hoping Todd was the same

Paton expected to be fine while Todd's may be more serious with a broken toe but needs to be fully assessed. All said by Wullie on YouTube following the game which is a funny watch.

3 hours ago, Biblemaster said:

I'm just an occasional visitor to this forum, so please forgive me if this has already been asked!  Is it just me not being able to find them or have there not been any match reports on The Official Site this season?

Certainly no highlights. Disgraceful.

12 hours ago, QosLoyal said:
16 hours ago, Greenacres said:
Walked off limping both players signaled straight away they could not continue . 
We could have 5 key players out for the big kick off huge worry .
On today's game 1st half a bit lacklustre. We really played well just after half-time could and should have scored more goals .
WG has to play thought when he went off and Paton we took our foot off the gas and just played out time .
Amazed we still have a chance but it is a stick on Raith draw and win  on pens Aberdeen nothing to play for .
All last games in the groups should be played at the same day and time. 

Aberdeen everything to play for.

Aberdeen nothing to play for they have already qualified. 

Hope they don't rest players for the big kick off next week as I have said stick on a draw then Raith win on pens .

Wullie interview is a must watch even gave me a laugh .

Good and bad news on the injuries .

Todd might have a broken toe but Paton  is okay .

Wish Sandra had asked about the other injured players could really do with a pre match interview with WG we started it with AJ but when Finlay left it all stopped .

As for more new signing we added 2 last week I think now the squad is complete was hoping for better quality than Irving but Wullie must see something to sign him .

1 hour ago, louisxiv said:

How so?

The three best group winners are seeded and therefore get an easier tie. Two are confirmed but Aberdeen need a win (or a win on penalties to give them a chance) to guarantee them a seeded place. I'll be gobsmacked if they aren't going out for a win today. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Really did not see us getting through with 8 points but hopefully Aberdeen can do the business (as said they definitely will be going for a win to be seeded). 

Looking at the group as a whole only defeat was to group winners (ignoring it's Annan but actually well chuffed for them) and then comfortable win away to Champ side, draw with Prem side and won on pens and could easily have won in 90, then a very professional win at Elgin. All very positive. 

Definitely got back the optimism and confidence that was here a few weeks ago so assuming it will be dashed again by a horrible 0-0 with Clyde next weekend.

Guest Flash
26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The three best group winners are seeded and therefore get an easier tie. Two are confirmed but Aberdeen need a win (or a win on penalties to give them a chance) to guarantee them a seeded place. I'll be gobsmacked if they aren't going out for a win today. 

Aberdeen need to win in 90 minutes in order to be seeded. If they draw and get the bonus point, County finish above them on GD.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Aberdeen nothing to play for they have already qualified. 

Hope they don't rest players for the big kick off next week as I have said stick on a draw then Raith win on pens .

Wullie interview is a must watch even gave me a laugh .

Good and bad news on the injuries .

Todd might have a broken toe but Paton  is okay .

Wish Sandra had asked about the other injured players could really do with a pre match interview with WG we started it with AJ but when Finlay left it all stopped .

As for more new signing we added 2 last week I think now the squad is complete was hoping for better quality than Irving but Wullie must see something to sign him .

Neither were midfielders in which the manager was quoted on wanting 👍

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Rangers away.

That will conclude our interest in the tournament, but might be worth a few quid I suppose.  I'd prefer a chance of progress though.

To be fair, after the defeat by Annan in the first game I thought that was it. So it is good that we came back strongly and also got a bit of luck with other results. 

This is a free hit with also bit more prize money in the bank for qualifying for the next round. 

Guest Flash
7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Rangers away.

That will conclude our interest in the tournament, but might be worth a few quid I suppose.  I'd prefer a chance of progress though.

Last time we were in this division and played Rangers away in a cup, we won.