The Queen of the South thread

Whoever planned that Operation has cost the taxpayer a lot of money. Police and Ambulance attendance, hospital treatment/admission and Court action.  More importantly, innocent people were assaulted and injured which could have been easily avoided.  Ironically, i recall seeing a Tweet from D and G Police on the day of the game saying there would be a Police presence to keep everyone safe !

It happened after the game had finished. I'm not sure what it has to do with anyone at the club at this point. The only people to blame for the cost to the taxpayer are the wee fannies who caused all the trouble.

Everyone at the game was safe. Unless I missed an incident.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It happened after the game had finished. I'm not sure what it has to do with anyone at the club at this point. The only people to blame for the cost to the taxpayer are the wee fannies who caused all the trouble.

Everyone at the game was safe. Unless I missed an incident.

It doesn't sound to me as if he's blaming anyone at the club.  Is it not the police response after the game that he's criticising?

It doesn't sound to me as if he's blaming anyone at the club.  Is it not the police response after the game that he's criticising?
Maybe not. I took "planned the operation" as the safety officer. If that's not what NW meant I apologise :)

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

They were but we absolutely have to break this recurring habit of continually squandering winning positions. Today was another classic example of getting a minimal return for our efforts.

Aye that’s fair. Saw your game at Raith a few weeks ago and was impressed then too - encouraging stuff for the season ahead

Classic Queens, eh?  A week ago we've been humbled at home by a lower league side.  Fast forwards 7 days and we're unbeaten against two sides from the leagues above us.  What shape does this have us in for the league?  Midfield/forwards looking decent but the jury still out on our defence?  For a change though, I'm feeling more positivity than negativity.

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

They were but we absolutely have to break this recurring habit of continually squandering winning positions. Today was another classic example of getting a minimal return for our efforts.

This is indeed a recurring worry.  

For much of last season, we were rotten, but for some of it we weren't, but still seldom won. 

Losing late, decisive goals was also costly last season and it's been a feature in 2 of our 3 competitive games thus far, this time too.

28 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Classic Queens, eh?  A week ago we've been humbled at home by a lower league side.  Fast forwards 7 days and we're unbeaten against two sides from the leagues above us.  What shape does this have us in for the league?  Midfield/forwards looking decent but the jury still out on our defence?  For a change though, I'm feeling more positivity than negativity.

Thought the defence looked better yesterday than against Ayr which sounds utterly daft considering we conceded two, thought Paul McKay has been poor but could still be easing himself back in? Or am I making up excuses?

8 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Am I too early in saying offer a new contract to Ruairi Paton? He only has this season left. If he progresses further I think another team will pick him up on a pre-contract by the end of the year.

Crossed my mind last night, if he keeps up performances that he’s produced so far there will be interest. His hold up play has been excellent, if he can add goals more regularly then some player he’ll be. Very happy with how he’s came back 

Am I too early in saying offer a new contract to Ruairi Paton? He only has this season left. If he progresses further I think another team will pick him up on a pre-contract by the end of the year.
If it gets to October and he is flying then get the deal issued. Same applies to Connolly.

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is indeed a recurring worry.  

For much of last season, we were rotten, but for some of it we weren't, but still seldom won. 

Losing late, decisive goals was also costly last season and it's been a feature in 2 of our 3 competitive games thus far, this time too.

Late (or late-ish) goals last season cost 21 points. By the same measure, we gained 6 points from scoring the last (or only) goal late. And 2 of those points were v Dunfermline in the last game that didn’t count for anything.
We lost 9 games from being level late on, drew 3 from being ahead and lost 2 from being ahead.
18 league goals conceded in the 76-90 minute period when, with our goals against, you’d expect 9 (possibly slightly more as it includes injury time).

13 minutes ago, Flash said:

Late (or late-ish) goals last season cost 21 points. By the same measure, we gained 6 points from scoring the last (or only) goal late. And 2 of those points were v Dunfermline in the last game that didn’t count for anything.
We lost 9 games from being level late on, drew 3 from being ahead and lost 2 from being ahead.
18 league goals conceded in the 76-90 minute period when, with our goals against, you’d expect 9 (possibly slightly more as it includes injury time).

Cheers for the detail.

It confirms that there was something extremely brittle about us last season.  If this season is to be a good one, we'll need to develop some of the necessary resilience.

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

Classic Queen's would be throwing away a chance of qualifying by getting utterly humped by Elgin.

Think we've already blown our realistic chances by not at least drawing with Annan and not holding on for the win v St J ... for once this was a group where we had a decent chance of qualifying ... classic Queens.

1 hour ago, QosLoyal said:
3 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:
Am I too early in saying offer a new contract to Ruairi Paton?

If it gets to October and he is flying then get the deal issued. Same applies to Connolly.

^^^ This.

Edited by Otis Blue