The Queen of the South thread

Aidan Fitzpatrick has re-signed for Partick Thistle then.

As long as we get what we're owed I'm pretty meh about it. Didn't think we'd get Connolly back but since we did I've not been arsed about Fitzpatrick tbh. Other than his brief spell under Gibson he's been a pretty mediocre player.

Guest Flash
33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you can defend crosses then you'll keep a clean sheet. 

Queens haven’t been able to defend crosses in living memory.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

As long as we get what we're owed I'm pretty meh about it. Didn't think we'd get Connolly back but since we did I've not been arsed about Fitzpatrick tbh. Other than his brief spell under Gibson he's been a pretty mediocre player.

We can confirm that following negotiations, agreement has been reached with Partick Thistle for a Compensation Fee in respect of Aidan Fitzpatrick, who duly signed for the Firhill club this morning.

QoS OS

I do wonder how last season would have panned out had he not got that injury in the win over Morton. But hey ho.

We can confirm that following negotiations, agreement has been reached with Partick Thistle for a Compensation Fee in respect of Aidan Fitzpatrick, who duly signed for the Firhill club this morning.

QoS OS

i know sometimes people on here have a go about board but looks like they held there nerve and got the compo they wanted .

I certainly think they are getting a few things right on and off the pitch 

shows a little communication goes a long way long May it continue 

Communication was always a big thing for me, not least cause I work in that field.

The reaction to Gibson initially providing injury updates was fascinating. Such an easy, and obvious, thing that created quick goodwill for him and the club.

Recognise they can't, and shouldn't, fire out a statement on everything but always nice to hear updates from the board and management.

We can confirm that following negotiations, agreement has been reached with Partick Thistle for a Compensation Fee in respect of Aidan Fitzpatrick, who duly signed for the Firhill club this morning.

QoS OS

i know sometimes people on here have a go about board but looks like they held there nerve and got the compo they wanted .

I certainly think they are getting a few things right on and off the pitch 
shows a little communication goes a long way long May it continue 

4 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Great result. No idea how we kept a clean sheet there though.

What I loved about the third goal was Muir bodying McGinty in a 50/50 challenge right at the start of the move. Its not on those highlights but it's on the SPFL twitter 

That's an excellent goal tbh. The other video didn't do it justice at all. Was watching it the second time laughing as I thought if that was at Palmerston they'd have been getting pelters from some sections to get the ball up the park.

1 hour ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Beautiful stuff.

That's some goal to be fair, fitba on the deck.  Apart from that first challenge lovely lay off (not sure who it was) to Todd who took it well.

23 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Communication was always a big thing for me, not least cause I work in that field.

The reaction to Gibson initially providing injury updates was fascinating. Such an easy, and obvious, thing that created quick goodwill for him and the club.

Recognise they can't, and shouldn't, fire out a statement on everything but always nice to hear updates from the board and management.

Hopefully this will continue throughout the season the Palmerston update last weekend was excellent.

Hope we start weekly updates with WG on injuries and how things are going not really had that since Finlay Jack left .

On the Ayr game great result finishing off with  brilliant team goal but we really struggled with the high ball into the box as we did against Annan .

Our defenders are all to nice need to be  more aggressive 

Hopefully better news this week on our injured players 

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Hopefully this will continue throughout the season the Palmerston update last weekend was excellent.

Hope we start weekly updates with WG on injuries and how things are going not really had that since Finlay Jack left .

On the Ayr game great result finishing off with  brilliant team goal but we really struggled with the high ball into the box as we did against Annan .

Our defenders are all to nice need to be  more aggressive 

Hopefully better news this week on our injured players 

It's a pity that match reports aren't being written for the OS since Finlay left too.  It's always interesting to see if the reporter has been watching the same game as you!

14 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

It's a pity that match reports aren't being written for the OS since Finlay left too.  It's always interesting to see if the reporter has been watching the same game as you!

Is highlights of the games not coming back? Would have been good since steaming has stopped

For those travelling down to the game tomorrow, the preview on the official site says As far as we are aware there are no ongoing roadworks currently around Dumfries that may affect travel times to Palmerston Park. Fans should check the Traffic Scotland website at http://trafficscotland.org/index.aspx for confirmation of any delays.

That site seems to me to say the A701 is closed between Amisfield  and Parkgate all weekend

Road Closure A701.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer