The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If that's the case it's crap. Do you know if the Terracing turnstiles at the Arena side will be open this season or are "Red Zones" still in place. Referees and Away teams changing arrangements should surely be back to pre-covid situation of them all using the main stand dressing rooms. 

Pretty sure the red zones are gone and all the changing arrangements are back to normal

^^^^   The Financial Expert seemingly with knowledge of every teams budgets and player's wages speaks again. 
Agree with the financial part but is he wrong about the trialist? Debatable

7 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Tickets are now on sale for the Annan game. First time doing online sales!

https://qosfc.ticketco.events/uk/en/e/queen_of_the_south_fc_vs_annan_athletic

Pleased to see that the clubs have agreed a sensible approach to pricing.  I get that it is holiday time for a lot of people but hopefully there will be a reasonable crowd on the back of that and encouraging displays in the friendlies.

Had a walk round Palmerston today and disappointed to see it still in a bit of a mess. Nicely new lined car park at the Queens Arena but weeds everywhere and turnstiles doors still unpainted. 

No idea why the club hasn’t approached the supporters for help this season. You’d think free labour would be right up Hewitson’s street 😕

15 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Had a walk round Palmerston today and disappointed to see it still in a bit of a mess. Nicely new lined car park at the Queens Arena but weeds everywhere and turnstiles doors still unpainted. 

No idea why the club hasn’t approached the supporters for help this season. You’d think free labour would be right up Hewitson’s street 😕

Done a good job on the lines. Badly needed it the way some folk were parking on match day. 

Was hoping there would be a lick of paint elsewhere but Rome wasn't built in a day. 

21 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Done a good job on the lines. Badly needed it the way some folk were parking on match day. 

Was hoping there would be a lick of paint elsewhere but Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Billy's company must have had the Rome  contract too.

Agree that Palmerston needs a spruce up but a lick of paint on the turnstile doors and suchlike is like putting lipstick on a pig, it'll still look rough. The wood on some of the doors is that rotten it's probably only the paint that's holding them together, the same as the moss on the Main Stand Roof. I can appreciate there might be a bit of a dilemma for the Board, is it worth spending money on the stadium when you've dropped a division and crowds are dwindling or do the minimum until we hopefully move upward again. I would say painting the lines in the car park was lower down on priorities than some other remedial work, but of course it should be remembered that workers and customers from other Arena businesses use the car park too, so that may have been a factor in it being done. I've not seen the new lining yet but it could be that these businesses want designated parking spaces. As it stands Queens can't charge people for parking on the Arena car park on match days because they may actually not be going to the match but to one of the other businesses. 

10 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Billy's company must have had the Rome  contract too.

Agree that Palmerston needs a spruce up but a lick of paint on the turnstile doors and suchlike is like putting lipstick on a pig, it'll still look rough. The wood on some of the doors is that rotten it's probably only the paint that's holding them together, the same as the moss on the Main Stand Roof. I can appreciate there might be a bit of a dilemma for the Board, is it worth spending money on the stadium when you've dropped a division and crowds are dwindling or do the minimum until we hopefully move upward again. I would say painting the lines in the car park was lower down on priorities than some other remedial work, but of course it should be remembered that workers and customers from other Arena businesses use the car park too, so that may have been a factor in it being done. I've not seen the new lining yet but it could be that these businesses want designated parking spaces. As it stands Queens can't charge people for parking on the Arena car park on match days because they may actually not be going to the match but to one of the other businesses. 

721CF3EC-235D-41A1-81AA-D72E824D09CA.jpeg

20 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

And once you have negotiated the above hazard you will be seeing the players wearing shirts with "Building Craftsmen" written on the front.

Sometimes at this club the comedy just writes itself.

Edited by Slipmat

23 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

That gives an appalling impression to anyone.  It really should say ground-down home supporters, too.  But there is a feel-good air about Queens at the moment, and long may it last; doing something about the public-facing physical structure of the club ought to match that feeling, and fast!  

22 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Yes, they will 

It would appear strip manufacturers Macron have let Queens down yet again and the new strips won’t be available until the end of July. They’ve previous for this and that’s why I was surprised the club agreed a new 3 year deal with them in the Summer. 

Wonder  what strip we’ll be wearing this weekend ? 

1 hour ago, the_palmy_pie said:

It would appear strip manufacturers Macron have let Queens down yet again and the new strips won’t be available until the end of July. They’ve previous for this and that’s why I was surprised the club agreed a new 3 year deal with them in the Summer. 

Probably last seasons with a Building Craftsmem letterhead stapled across the front.

53 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Any idea if all the ground is open to supporters again ? For example underneath the main stand area. 

Sure it was said above all the ground is open again and no red zones and there settling tickets for that area so you Would have to  assume so .

4 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Strips will be available for team just not for shop I would.imagine