The Queen of the South thread

Connelly came on for Murray 10 minutes ago, now the first trialist is on for Cochrane in central midfield and has immediately handballed to give away a pen which Raith have put away.

Connelly then goes straight up the other end puts us back in front 😀

2 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Connelly came on for Murray 10 minutes ago, now the first trialist is on for Cochrane in central midfield and has immediately handballed to give away a pen which Raith have put away.

Connelly then goes straight up the other end puts us back in front 😀

Do you recognise the trialist?

Happy enough with that. Good tempo and commitment across the park throughout the game.

Currie to be fair to him was quick off his line early on second half and made several good stops. First half there were just a couple high balls he seemed uncertain with but after watching the second half I have no concerns at all. Quitongo looked solid defensively. McGrory so comfortable on the ball under pressure. Impressed by Lewis Gibson going forward.

Enjoyed the wee guys bamming up Currie after the penalty for no reason whatsoever.

Great coverage from Raith TV as well enjoyed with a cigar recently brought back from Cuba. A grand way to spend a Wednesday evening.

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

Aye decent showing there from the side. Lots of positives. Pressed well, matched Raith throughout created chances and got a couple of goals. Never conceded from open play is a bonus as well.

As I said, I couldn't really see our setup but it was good to hear the commentators praise Quitongo. Marking Zanatta out the game doesn't happen too often so fair play to him and hopefully he builds on it. Didn't like how isolated Paton was tbh and I don't know if that was due to personnel or the way WG is planning to play. I'm not sure Paton can do that role week in week out though.

Good to see some youngsters getting game time as well as I don't think they'll be there just to make up the numbers this year. No idea who the trialists were and never got long enough to judge them IMO.

Sorry about the quality of the pic but this was the trialist centre forward

image.png.a6e61325f259971534ea55100ca0e1dd.png

No idea who the central midfielder was (and didn't get a screenshot).

Edited by Slipmat

1 minute ago, Greenacres said:

Was any of the trialists any good worth another look on Saturday 

The midfielder didn't look anything special and the guy in the above pic only got the last five minutes so difficult to say.

1 minute ago, Slipmat said:

The midfielder didn't look anything special and the guy in the above pic only got the last five minutes so difficult to say.

You would think trialists would play from the start to get a good look at them 

Enjoyed that, no failures for us for me. Liked the shape, liked the way we approached bar a 15 minute spell but weathered it and I thought over the piece deserved the win. Shape really suited Todd who I thought had a very decent game. Even subs came on, we did fine. Criticism of Currie is a shambles, dealt with everything comfortably. Wee Gibson looks like he could be some player.

5 players still to come back into the fold so encouraged.

32 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Fair chance that’s Afolabi I think. 

I don’t think it’s Afolabi, I didn’t recognise this guy at all and looked a bit like the boy pictured a couple of pages back. The trialist tonight was played upfront and not midfield though so maybe not the same guy. 

10 year deal for Lewis Gibson please 😍😍😍

I don’t think it’s Afolabi, I didn’t recognise this guy at all and looked a bit like the boy pictured a couple of pages back. The trialist tonight was played upfront and not midfield though so maybe not the same guy. 

10 year deal for Lewis Gibson please [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]. 

It 100% isn’t him.

Lewis Gibson looks like he could be class. Very comfortable in possession, just looks like he belongs in there, thought Dom did well tonight when he came on too

At the foot of the announcement about digital tickets it says "All prices again for season 2022-23 will  be frozen. Renewals will be available later this week with general sale next week. With more details to follow.", so £285 and £18 per game full price.
QosFC: New ticket partners

From a selfish point of view that's great news as I'll finish at 3 some Saturdays so to be able to download a ticket to my phone is perfect. In the same breath, fair play to the club for keeping paper tickets as an option given we have a fair amount of older fans.

As friendlies go that was a very decent competitive match. Pleasantly surprised with our performance - Quitonga who was not rated by previous club’s supporters and I must admit that I feared the worst ………..was excellent. Mind you Ally Roy started great last season and quickly faded so will have to reserve judgement. Todd was outstanding and of the new signings - McKenna, McKay did well and the keeper was solid enough. 

Young Gibson looks an absolute natural and if he keeps playing like this he will be challenging for a starting berth right from the off. I still think Willie is our best player and I think he should be playing - far too good a player to be on the sidelines so I hope to see him when the real action starts.

10 year deal for Lewis Gibson please [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]. 

Lewis Gibson looks like he could be class. Very comfortable in possession, just looks like he belongs in there, thought Dom did well tonight when he came on too

Young Gibson looks an absolute natural and if he keeps playing like this he will be challenging for a starting berth right from the off.

Aye young Gibson will definitely be looking to feature regularly if he can reach the performances he is capable of consistently. Watched him a few times for the 18's and he's usually one of the top 2 performers. Has a goal in him as well and has scored some genuine screamers. If he can bring that to the first team we've got ourselves a player. He is so like his dad at that age it's scary. He loves to take a man on but sometimes does too much instead of passing. Hopefully being in the first team that gets knocked out of him and he is encouraged to find a pass when needed. But I hope he brings the fearlessness with him.

Really think WG has missed a trick not bringing Nathan Naylor along with him. He was another one who was really consistent and for his age holds the ball remarkably well. Loves to take folk on as well and has a goal in him too. I'd have taken Naylor over the other two young lads tbh. Hopefully the other two kick on along with Gibson though and we have some decent young players to call on.