The Queen of the South thread

23 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Have we to guess? Any chance of a clue?

Don't worry, I don't think you'll have to wait much longer to find out 

58 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I really appreciate the fact that they're streaming the game, but £10 for a friendly? 

2 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Don't worry, I don't think you'll have to wait much longer to find out 

I really appreciate the fact that they're streaming the game, but £10 for a friendly? 

Hopefully it means they’ve got a figure on what it will take to catapult Goodwillie all the way to hell…and they’re trying to get it together. Will Big Dave be starting for you lot?

Hopefully it means they’ve got a figure on what it will take to catapult Goodwillie all the way to hell…and they’re trying to get it together. Will Big Dave be starting for you lot?

Hard to say, we have that many defenders. I’d imagine he will as Paul McKay is returning from a long term injury but would like to think he will get minutes tomorrow too, could easily get 45 though

Decent. Not sure about Afolabi but lets see what happens.
I took it to read that Afolabi is wishing the boy luck at QoS. I hope he's wrong as I don't think it's a position we need filled. Really hoping our next signing is a striker.

I took it to read that Afolabi is wishing the boy luck at QoS. I hope he's wrong as I don't think it's a position we need filled. Really hoping our next signing is a striker.

I’d definitely rather have afolabi at this moment in time. He can play on left or through middle both positions I think we need somebody. Likewise I don’t think Lawal is greatly needed, unless he’s left hand sided maybe would help for cover but even at that

Not convinced by Afolabi any time I've seen him. Looked duff at Dunfermline and has had unconvincing loans at Dundee, Aye and Airdrie since then.

I’d definitely rather have afolabi at this moment in time. He can play on left or through middle both positions I think we need somebody. Likewise I don’t think Lawal is greatly needed, unless he’s left hand sided maybe would help for cover but even at that

Tonight's team:

Currie, McKenna, Quitongo, D.McKay, P.McKay, Morrison, Cochrane, McGrory, Paton, Todd, Murray

subs:

Cowie, trialist, trialist, Connelly, McMahon, McKechnie, Muir, L.Gibson, Johnstone

1 minute ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Just logged onto the stream late. Don't get to many games. Can someone tell me who's playing where, especially across the defence?

Back 3 of the 2 McKays and Morrison, McKenna and Quitongo wing-backs.

Raith probably shading it, but Queens have been fairly untroubled.  Quitongo has been the best man on the park with Todd & Paton putting in good shifts.  Paton is virtually playing as a lone striker with Murray playing off him.  Currie hasn't impressed.

A few first team players out and I think that was a decent enough showing. Not worth getting overexcited by but good to see us pressing a but rather than the AJ approach of sitting in. Created a couple of half decent chances as well. Watching on my phone so I can't really see what the set up is or how well individuals are playing. Not a bad showing though.

I expect he'll get some subs on in the second half so goals may well come from either side as a result.

Pretty happy with the first half showing. Pressing high, trying to play good football, and a decent shape to the squad as well.

Someone above has said Currie hasn't impressed. I wouldn't go that far but I see what the Airdrie fans mean about him staying on his line and I'd hope we can coach a bit of dominance into him over time.