The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Josh has moved to Airdrie to be closer to a family member who is really not well. A tough decision but one he had to make this year. 

Just shows that there's always more going on behind the scenes to where a player goes than just the money. Maybe supporters (and I include myself) should think more about these things. Good luck to him anyway. 

10 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Slightly surprised that there has been no announcement on season tickets yet.  Admittedly it is nearly 5 weeks until the first home league game, but in the (hopefully temporary) absence of our resident ITK poster does anyone have an inkling of when we will make an announcement and what the price might be? 

A tricky one for the Board.  Relegation and the cost of living crisis would suggest that there has to be a cut in prices from last year, but is there clear evidence that reducing prices leads to an increase in crowds?  The fans who drifted away are likely to return if we have a winning team, and it's debatable whether a £1/£2 will be a factor.

I can see the argument for holding the walk up price given we could have some decent away supports, but trimming the season ticket price to make it more enticing.  Last year the walk up price was £18 with a season ticket at £285, just under the price for 16 home games.   Personally I would go for holding the walk up price but reducing the season ticket price to £265/270.

Hopefully the delay means that the Club are planning to launch season tickets in combination with an exciting announcement in relation to a new signing!  Regardless it would surely make sense to have prices announced ahead of the end of the month when a lot of folk get paid.

I've no idea on prices but I do why they're not available yet. It's nothing to do with pricing

Guest Flash

On the subject of ticket prices, I wondered whether making the terracing cheaper than the stands might work? I don’t think it technically breaks any SPFL rules if the terracing is only available for home fans most of the time. However, maybe all it would do is reduce the income you’d get from home fans anyway, rather than encourage more walk ups. And you’d have to stop fans moving from the terracing to the stand which might not be popular.
Hopefully, it wouldn’t reduce income but, if it did, it wouldn’t be by as much as lowering prices across the board.

5 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Josh has moved to Airdrie to be closer to a family member who is really not well. A tough decision but one he had to make this year. 

1 hour ago, Doonhamer70 said:

We train in Hamilton so that doesn’t make sense.

What might have happened here is that he had agreed to join Carlisle United (as was rumoured), but the unfortunate development within his family then meant that he couldn't really take the Carlisle offer due to the travel involved.  By the time that became apparent Queens had filled his "vacant" position with Max Currie and so returning to Queens was no longer an option - hence the Airdrie move.  Could be wrong though, just speculating ...

Appears odd the delay with season tickets, if it is a delay. Can’t recall when they are usually out.

I was going to say about cash flow and season tickets usually being important in that respect with no games. It doesn’t sound like Qu££ns are short of cash though. 

Having just checked, I bought mine on 4 July last year. Which was quite soon after they went on sale. Mind you, there would have been an announcement ahead of then via club website I suppose.

Appears odd the delay with season tickets, if it is a delay. Can’t recall when they are usually out.
I was going to say about cash flow and season tickets usually being important in that respect with no games. It doesn’t sound like Qu££ns are short of cash though. 

Seems like Fitzpatrick will only be signing with Thistle if you lot waive your right to compensation. The player says he had an agreement with AJ that he’d come back for last year so long as the club didn’t stand in his way if a bigger club came in for him.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Having just checked, I bought mine on 4 July last year. Which was quite soon after they went on sale. Mind you, there would have been an announcement ahead of then via club website I suppose.

The announcement on the OS was on 23 June last year.

QoS season ticket news

Seems like Fitzpatrick will only be signing with Thistle if you lot waive your right to compensation. The player says he had an agreement with AJ that he’d come back for last year so long as the club didn’t stand in his way if a bigger club came in for him.

I wouldn't want the club to stand in the way of a player moving on: they've stepped aside mid-season in the past to allow it. But if we're due compensation for Fitzpatrick then I hope the club stand their ground and wait for it. If Thistle are that desperate for him they can pay what's due. I doubt it's that much.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wouldn't want the club to stand in the way of a player moving on: they've stepped aside mid-season in the past to allow it. But if we're due compensation for Fitzpatrick then I hope the club stand their ground and wait for it. If Thistle are that desperate for him they can pay what's due. I doubt it's that much.

Totally agree. We cannot be talking a high figure here as he was only permanently with us for one season. What are we talking 5k maximum. Would take Cammy Smith from them in exchange. Think that boy is a good player.

2 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Totally agree. We cannot be talking a high figure here as he was only permanently with us for one season. What are we talking 5k maximum. Would take Cammy Smith from them in exchange. Think that boy is a good player.

He’s rotten, no thank you

18 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Did we get compo .for Rae from Airdrie .

We are due compo from Thistle if they want Fizpatrick pay it or do a deal we get a free loan Thistle pay the players wages ..

What are we talking here around £10,000 surely a so called  big club like Thistle can pay that. 

All about opinions that's why we are on here.

Would take smith but probably similar to a few we have already. Regardless how much compo we are due club need stick to there guns it’s better in our pocket than theirs

Always feel season ticket should be on sale a lot early. Every fans situation is different as to when they want to commit to the following season. With the manager bounce in May, some may have committed and also with each new signing. Look at when Gavin Reilly returned and the enthusiasm and optimism may have encouraged some to buy.

This year April/May was earlier in the cost of living crysis when fuel/food price increases hadn't really struck. Some may have brought then who maybe now don't feel they have the money. Also by not having them on sale yet how many more pay days are there before the opening match. For some people there may be none as it will be too near next pay day to be able to order/post out etc. Others may now be looking at summer holidays  to use money that may have been available in April/,May/June pay packets.