The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Eh? Do you think we told Rae to go because we wanted Currie?

I think Rae told us he was leaving to go down south and we went and got Currie, meaning it was too late for us to go back and resign Rae. 

I think Rae told us he was leaving to go down south and we went and got Currie, meaning it was too late for us to go back and resign Rae. 

It's hardly the club/WG's fault then is it? If Rae has said he was off I'm not sure what else could be done on our part.

Rae was a cracking GK but the knicker-wetting and pops at Currie is a bit extreme IMO.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's hardly the club/WG's fault then is it? If Rae has said he was off I'm not sure what else could be done on our part.

Rae was a cracking GK but the knicker-wetting and pops at Currie is a bit extreme IMO.

I never said it was? We done the right thing and identified his replacement quickly, it’s just disappointing it’s clearly a keeper not on the same level

I never said it was? We done the right thing and identified his replacement quickly, it’s just disappointing it’s clearly a keeper not on the same level
It wasn't your post I quoted.

2 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

You’ve never seen Max Currie play ffs 

3 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

You’ve never seen Max Currie play ffs 

Seen him play live twice actually. You don’t need to be a genius to figure out Rae is the superior keeper 

5 minutes ago, lowland star said:

By Christmas most queens fans will say max currie better all round keeper than josh Rae . Better in nearly all departments and the centre backs will also prefer him as well as he commands the six yard box and not scared to come off his line 

:lol: Those are literally the main flaws with Currie’s game, he’s very poor at both of them. He’s a solid League One keeper but he very rarely comes off his line and takes control of his box.

1 hour ago, lowland star said:

By Christmas most queens fans will say max currie better all round keeper than josh Rae . Better in nearly all departments and the centre backs will also prefer him as well as he commands the six yard box and not scared to come off his line 

So much so he managed to let Rob Jones loop a header over him. 

As much as we Queens fans generally are in agreement Rae is a good keeper (and to be fair he will probably be the best in this division), I don't think any of us believe he is as good as Josh Rae himself thinks he is.

His farewell tweet said for him leaving was "a tough decision but one I had to make" which to me inferred that he saw his next move as an upward one, whether that may have been to a Championship side at worst or an English League side.  It looks to me like the flood of offers he had expected to receive from bigger clubs than either ourselves or Airdrie didn't arrive after all.   No disrespect to Airdrie, but moving down a division isn't really a career move that "has to be made".

18 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

As much as we Queens fans generally are in agreement Rae is a good keeper (and to be fair he will probably be the best in this division), I don't think any of us believe he is as good as Josh Rae himself thinks he is.

His farewell tweet said for him leaving was "a tough decision but one I had to make" which to me inferred that he saw his next move as an upward one, whether that may have been to a Championship side at worst or an English League side.  It looks to me like the flood of offers he had expected to receive from bigger clubs than either ourselves or Airdrie didn't arrive after all.   No disrespect to Airdrie, but moving down a division isn't really a career move that "has to be made".

That is a great post Josh Rae must have thought he would have a choice of many clubs but none called .

Partick and Morton  in the market for a keeper are a example but he was not wanted so the end up he had nowhere to go except  the one offer from Airdrie does that not say it all .

He will probable be on less money as well .

There is no mention of a compo fee are we not due something 

Edited by Greenacres

You’d think going by some of the comments on this that Josh Rae was Oliver Kahn 😂 

All the best to him at Airdrie as he was good for us but when we’re up against him next season I’m hoping to see him picking the ball out the Airdrie net on numerous occasions! 

15 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

You’d think going by some of the comments on this that Josh Rae was Oliver Kahn 😂 

All the best to him at Airdrie as he was good for us but when we’re up against him next season I’m hoping to see him picking the ball out the Airdrie net on numerous occasions! 

Exactly.

By December last season I wouldn’t have shed a tear if the lot of them were binned. I don’t think it is unreasonable to say they were shite. 

The ones that remain have an opportunity turn things around and I hope they do. The ones that have moved on - good luck to them.  However, It is far from the end of the world that they have gone. 

Exactly been badly advised by his agent or his own head and he’s took sideways step which by end of season will hopefully be a backwards. Absolutely mental he’s playing for another league one side, good signing for yous all the same. Still pleased with keeper we have, it is what it is