The Queen of the South thread

15 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Doubt though we will have two goalies on our books earning a first team player wage

It should hopefully bring the best out of both keepers .

With just Cowie as back in Currie will play every week even if not playing well .

19 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

It should hopefully bring the best out of both keepers .

With just Cowie as back in Currie will play every week even if not playing well .

I presume Cowie is going out on loan since we are after another keeper anyway

Our 1st pre season friendly tomorrow away to Killie .

Should give the players a good work out result means nothing all about fitness .

Hopefully we get a update from Wullie on how pre season training is going and if we are close to signing anyone.

Edited by Greenacres

We've signed Roberto Nditi again after his release. How was he for Queens? Seemed to play a decent number of games last season
Really bizarre he's away to League 2. Poor attitude? Good job away from football next season?

You can see he has the attributes to be a really good player but it just didn't work out for him. In his defence he seemed to get moved around a lot and never really held down a position as a result. His performance in the first game of the season against Killie where he man marked Burke was one of the best defensive performances I've seen from a QoS player in years; Burke actually went up and shook his hand while being subbed off. I really thought we had found a player after that but it was downhill from there. His lack of discipline was frustrating and he arguably cost us our Scottish Cup place last season.

I hope he does well for you but something is really off about him dropping down two levels IMO.

Agreed. Vs. Burke he was superb. I'd have kept him as there's a player there.

Really bizarre he's away to League 2. Poor attitude? Good job away from football next season?

You can see he has the attributes to be a really good player but it just didn't work out for him. In his defence he seemed to get moved around a lot and never really held down a position as a result. His performance in the first game of the season against Killie where he man marked Burke was one of the best defensive performances I've seen from a QoS player in years; Burke actually went up and shook his hand while being subbed off. I really thought we had found a player after that but it was downhill from there. His lack of discipline was frustrating and he arguably cost us our Scottish Cup place last season.

I hope he does well for you but something is really off about him dropping down two levels IMO.

Cheers for that. I thought he had potential in his short spell with us but was still a rough diamond. In terms of dropping down to League Two, he may have some loyalty to us for giving him his chance in Scotland initially as well as the security of a 2 year deal. If he shows promise then I wouldn't imagine we'd stand in his way of a full-time offer should an acceptable one be made, don't imagine any full-time deals were sent his way if he's signed for us.

All the best for the season

I thought Nditi would have been one of our regular starters last season, a mainstay in the team even, but after a promising few games early on he seemed to drift further out of the picture. He probably wasn't helped by being played in different positions in midfield and defence by Johnston, never really getting a chance to establish himself as a defender, what he was signed as. Of course he didn't help his own cause by being a bit rash in challenges or doing something daft. Good luck to him anyway, seems to enjoy his football when he gets a chance. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I thought Nditi would have been one of our regular starters last season, a mainstay in the team even, but after a promising few games early on he seemed to drift further out of the picture. He probably wasn't helped by being played in different positions in midfield and defence by Johnston, never really getting a chance to establish himself as a defender, what he was signed as. Of course he didn't help his own cause by being a bit rash in challenges or doing something daft. Good luck to him anyway, seems to enjoy his football when he gets a chance. 

Allan Johnston ruined that lad…..

18 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Has any work been done to the stadium to tidy things up?

If only we had access to a building company , a painting company or perhaps  a scaffolding company. Even better if one of our main sponsors was one of the UK’s biggest timber suppliers 😏

10 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

If only we had access to a building company , a painting company or perhaps  a scaffolding company. Even better if one of our main sponsors was one of the UK’s biggest timber suppliers 😏

Just was hopeful with the positivity going round just now the club would build on it and tart the place up a bit and even clean the roof.

Maybe that's the reason we are playing all out friendlies away from home 🤔

15 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

This afternoons closed door game at RP finished 1-0 to Killie with Innes Cameron grabbing the winner 🤭

Zero fucks given about a closed door kickabout! Hope you keep him!

Edited by Dougie Mills

It baffles me why he's still anywhere near RP tbh.
Aye. I wouldn't want him at this level nevermind where you are. Has he been given an extension or just training with you the now? I thought you had released him.