The Queen of the South thread

12 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Surprised Allan Johnston hasn’t been snapped up yet 😀

Will he still be under contract with Queens we still paying him  or will he have got some kind of lump sum settlement for his last 15 months of his contract when we sacked him ?

Fixtures out tomorrow. Can't say there are any I'm particularly looking out for mind you. I'd imagine our New Year's fixture will be Clyde given they are at Hamilton. A home fixture to start with would be decent I suppose. And preferably at home in the final game in case it's a meaningful game.

Guest Flash
29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fixtures out tomorrow. Can't say there are any I'm particularly looking out for mind you. I'd imagine our New Year's fixture will be Clyde given they are at Hamilton. A home fixture to start with would be decent I suppose. And preferably at home in the final game in case it's a meaningful game.

Do the SPFL not try to get as many games as possible between teams that are relatively close together? I’m thinking it’ll be Airdrie v Clyde; Dunfermline v Kelty; Falkirk v Alloa; Montrose v Peterhead, leaving Queens and Edinburgh left over.
They might do Queens v Clyde leaving Airdrie v Edinburgh but it would make more sense to pair Airdrie and Clyde first.
Not that it really matters, of course.

Do the SPFL not try to get as many games as possible between teams that are relatively close together? I’m thinking it’ll be Airdrie v Clyde; Dunfermline v Kelty; Falkirk v Alloa; Montrose v Peterhead, leaving Queens and Edinburgh left over.
They might do Queens v Clyde leaving Airdrie v Edinburgh but it would make more sense to pair Airdrie and Clyde first.
Not that it really matters, of course.

Yeah I think so. I think we could feel hard done by if we're lumped with Edinburgh and not Clyde though. Edinburgh vs Airdrie is just over an hour journey, similar to us vs Clyde. Airdrie vs Clyde would obviously be a lot closer but it would mean us having a 2 hour journey. You'd think it would be fairer to give all 4 sides a potential 1 hour odd journey.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah I think so. I think we could feel hard done by if we're lumped with Edinburgh and not Clyde though. Edinburgh vs Airdrie is just over an hour journey, similar to us vs Clyde. Airdrie vs Clyde would obviously be a lot closer but it would mean us having a 2 hour journey. You'd think it would be fairer to give all 4 sides a potential 1 hour odd journey.

You could be at home right enough. 

I was under the impression that the two games over Christmas and New Year are games as close as possible, if there's no one close to you then unlucky. Peterhead will have to wear it for one of the fixtures aswell. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I was under the impression that the two games over Christmas and New Year are games as close as possible, if there's no one close to you then unlucky. Peterhead will have to wear it for one of the fixtures aswell. 

Yeah, it is just the way the cookie crumbles.    

Had Stranraer been in the league, we would have been a stick on to play them over the festive. A similarly shit road and distance from Dumfries than Edinburgh is. 

Aye. It's a ridiculous way to do it though, though it doesn't surprise me with our footballing body. My logic would be to get the furthest away sides to play the side closest to them; Montrose Vs Peterhead and QoS vs Clyde in this instance and then work around the other sides as they will be relatively close by in comparison.

I'm sure they made a right arse of it a few years ago when they had Stranraer away to Ross County on Hogmanay. Morons.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye. It's a ridiculous way to do it though, though it doesn't surprise me with our footballing body. My logic would be to get the furthest away sides to play the side closest to them; Montrose Vs Peterhead and QoS vs Clyde in this instance and then work around the other sides as they will be relatively close by in comparison.

I'm sure they made a right arse of it a few years ago when they had Stranraer away to Ross County on Hogmanay. Morons.

I'm sure last season we played our opening game at home to Peterhead which is definitely not close by.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

We had a spell of having Queens Park & East Fife over the festive period & midweek trips to Annan, Stranraer & Berwick for good measure.

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can only disagree, work from the derby's and close games and then see what's left, literally the way it's done in pretty much every league? 

Public transport is usually shite so you're trying to maximise the crowd, I'm sure Clyde and Airdrie would much rather be playing each other in that date. Likewise after Montrose who is the closest team to Peterhead, Kelty? So rather than there fans having a comparatively close trip to Dunfermline, Alloa or Falkirk they're getting yeeted? The Christmas and New Year fixtures are traditionally the clubs closest to you, and in turn they tend to have a bit of spice to them with them being derby's. No need to fiddle with a good formula. 

My logic would be to get the furthest away sides to play the side closest to them; Montrose Vs Peterhead and QoS vs Clyde in this instance and then work around the other sides as they will be relatively close by in comparison.

Can only disagree, work from the derby's and close games and then see what's left, literally the way it's done in pretty much every league? 
Public transport is usually shite so you're trying to maximise the crowd, I'm sure Clyde and Airdrie would much rather be playing each other in that date. Likewise after Montrose who is the closest team to Peterhead, Kelty? So rather than there fans having a comparatively close trip to Dunfermline, Alloa or Falkirk they're getting yeeted? The Christmas and New Year fixtures are traditionally the clubs closest to you, and in turn they tend to have a bit of spice to them with them being derby's. No need to fiddle with a good formula. 

Common sense prevails. They must have read my post [emoji38]

Home to Clyde in the first game as well. About as good a fixture we could hope for. Hopefully get off to a good start.

Im hurt you would even suggest such a thing.
However, I am re-signed to the fact that I wont change your mind

I can't @ on the app so will quote a random message. Will we still be streaming games next season do you know?