The Queen of the South thread

Joking aside I’m generally pretty pleased with how Gibson is going about his business thus far. Some of the new players unknown quantities of course. 
Just need to get big Innes in now [emoji23][emoji15]
Murray is a very meh signing along with Quitongo but it's not dampening my enthusiasm. If we re-signed that haddy I think it will floor me. When he signs for someone else it'll feel like a mega signing for us.

It's all a bit positive here today.

That'll never do.

Where are the doom merchants to keep us in check?

When we get scudded at home to Edinburgh on the opening day I'll be back to my pessimistic self [emoji38]

Is Gibson being back more heavily than AJ?
I can't believe AJ would have purposely waited until the last minute to assemble a squad.
It was AJ choice to wait before signing players. He also never used all his budget apparently. I think it's more to do with Gibson being proactive and AJ being a donkey than anything else.

Murray is a very meh signing along with Quitongo but it's not dampening my enthusiasm. If we re-signed that haddy I think it will floor me. When he signs for someone else it'll feel like a mega signing for us.
Morrison can be thrown into that camp. Possibly mckay too. But boys are still young enough to settle and in the case of Quitongo (hopefully) just needs a manager that can get the best out of him. Wullie certainly comes across as a guy to motivate/ arm round the shoulder type.

Morrison can be thrown into that camp. Possibly mckay too. But boys are still young enough to settle and in the case of Quitongo (hopefully) just needs a manager that can get the best out of him. Wullie certainly comes across as a guy to motivate/ arm round the shoulder type.
I think Morrison sounds like he has potential, it's his fitness that is the issue. McKay time will tell certainly. One more defender and I'd probably be content with our lot there.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tbh, I'd be content with that midfield if we were in the Championship next season. I think we need another striker and a solid addition at the back. We're in a better position than I thought we'd be. Hopefully the boys gel quickly this season.

I think I counted 11 players still here from last season and 3 who've been at the club before. Hopefully, gelling shouldn't be an issue. 

It would be interesting to know the last time we had so many players resign

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, QosLoyal said:

I think Morrison sounds like he has potential, it's his fitness that is the issue. McKay time will tell certainly. One more defender and I'd probably be content with our lot there.

If that defender is Broadfoot or someone with similar experience, I would agree. I don't think we want to be bringing in any more young defenders 

4 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

I think I counted 11 players still here from last season and 3 who've been at the club before. Hopefully, gelling shouldn't be an issue. 

It would be interesting to know the last time we had so many players resign

If that defender is Broadfoot or someone with similar experience, I would agree. I don't think we want to be bringing in any more young defenders 

At this point I'm convinced you are trolling here.

On the actual content, I'm in agreement, an experienced defender and a right winger (preferably Fitzpatrick) appear the biggest needs to me.

There not Meh for me just unknowns, by QPs reports Morrison could be a class addition if we can keep him fit

There not Meh for me just unknowns, by QPs reports Morrison could be a class addition if we can keep him fit
Yeah suppose. Thats the issue. Dont want another Chima. Fingers crossed.

A picture of new player holding a scarf?

Agreed to be fair. Also shouldn't be hard with them doing pre season. Bios on website would be nice too. The returning players have old ones next to them and one player, cannae mind who, has a reference to 'new manager Alan Johnstone' in his bio.

Not a criticism of club, as I know it's volunteer-led, more a wishlist.

Some social pics of players doing pre season training can't be that difficult to sort. Few pics and a 'great to see the lads again' etc. Nice bit of easy social.
On Tik tok showing the boys in pre season.

4 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

At this point I'm convinced you are trolling here.

On the actual content, I'm in agreement, an experienced defender and a right winger (preferably Fitzpatrick) appear the biggest needs to me.

Im hurt you would even suggest such a thing.

However, I am re-signed to the fact that I wont change your mind

Management team and Board have done very well to make such impressive recruitment progress in a very short period of time. It is very unusual for supporters of any club to be so positively disposed to a core nucleus of players who effectively got us relegated in bottom place and failed so miserably last season.The overwhelming feeling is that the retained players are capable of much more than they delivered last season. That most certainly needs to be the case because we are certainly placing our trust in this core group hoping also that the new additions can make us stronger. One conclusion from last season was that we had a lot of lightweight types who, “when the chips were down”, very often got out muscled and outfought in these tight Championship matches. We are going to have a lot of small, light players again this season and the ability to battle is going to be every bit  as important in League 1.  

The squad looks decent enough on paper - I suspect we will start as third favourites.

Management team and Board have done very well to make such impressive recruitment progress in a very short period of time. It is very unusual for supporters of any club to be so positively disposed to a core nucleus of players who effectively got us relegated in bottom place and failed so miserably last season.The overwhelming feeling is that the retained players are capable of much more than they delivered last season. That most certainly needs to be the case because we are certainly placing our trust in this core group hoping also that the new additions can make us stronger. One conclusion from last season was that we had a lot of lightweight types who, “when the chips were down”, very often got out muscled and outfought in these tight Championship matches. We are going to have a lot of small, light players again this season and the ability to battle is going to be every bit  as important in League 1.  

The squad looks decent enough on paper - I suspect we will start as third favourites.

Hard to tell about our defence but on paper seem bigger than last season, Wilson straight away does that to midfield no denying in attacking positions were small. Ruth big but no known for physical side of it. Personally why I think a bit of experience is badly needed. A few times last season we got ourselves on a position to get a point or 3 only to throw it away in last ten. Sometimes I thought a bit of experience would have said pulled the team in and saw it out to pick up a point or 3, we were always liable to be picked off instead of getting a good shape and just seeing games out. Inverness away is a prime example

On 15/06/2022 at 09:47, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You're lucky there's a question mark in Greenacres' post, and spaces between the sentences as punctuation, etc, is not something he usually bothers with. And to be clear, Fitzpatrick, Connelly and East are 3 different players. 

Great to see EastConnelly are back for another season now if we could persuade Fitzpartrick to join them 

DoyleBroadfoot and a bit of height up front squad will be complete

Edited by Greenacres