The Queen of the South thread

IIRC Albion Rovers offered East an improved contract which was still on the table when he signed for us a week before the 20/21 season commenced, so he has form on holding out until the last minute before committing himself to a deal.  I'm hoping that's the case again and he may still re-sign.

On 08/06/2022 at 13:17, Broony88 said:

Good luck, he showed some flashes of a player being in there somewhere but wasn’t given enough of a chance and mostly when he did he was poor. League 2 maybe closer to his level, who knows we might resign him when we get there. 

^ There's that word again ^ 😡

IIRC Albion Rovers offered East an improved contract which was still on the table when he signed for us a week before the 20/21 season commenced, so he has form on holding out until the last minute before committing himself to a deal.  I'm hoping that's the case again and he may still re-sign.

Wouldn’t be waiting that long for him

Wouldn’t be waiting that long for him

Yeah agree with this. I would like him to re-sign as I felt he did well last season and he's still young enough in that role to improve. But I wouldn't be holding on too long for him if other options are available. If Broadfoot comes to pass then I expect East will be away.

34 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Unless someone pays us compensation Rae, Fitzpatrick, East and Connelly will be going nowhere. 

I was under the impression that compensation for out of contract u24 players is based on the money spent on their training, and has no relation to their perceived ability. I would imagine that the fees due at this level are very minimal, especially given that they've only spent 1 or 2 years at the club and haven't come through the academy. So I highly doubt that it is an issue, and I can't remember any cases where transfers have been blocked because of the rulings.

Edited by Doonhamer19

Unless someone pays us compensation Rae, Fitzpatrick, East and Connelly will be going nowhere. 

I doubt it'll be a sum worth getting excited about tbh. I don't think that will put sides off signing them.

38 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

How much are we due in compensation .What are the rules or can we ask for whatever we want .

1 minute ago, Greenacres said:

How much are we due in compensation .What are the rules or can we ask for whatever we want .

Under 23 s require compensation to move. As I believe there is no limit but depends how long player has been at club. Most of ours have been at club for one year except Fitzpatrick. If can't agree then I would imagine tribunal like Lewis Ferguson a few years ago going to Aberdeen. But the fact  nobody has signed with anyone maybe means no one is willing to pay what we are asking. With the rules these players would have been offered new contracts.

One of the better posters, will be sadly missed.
He also had the best profile pic.

He loved a good wind up and thought the pic may get a few bites. He bought me a share in the South knowing fine my feelings about them. He however was Queens through and through a love that was past to his kids. My thoughts are with them.

8 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm sure they're just waiting 'til I've bought my season ticket before announcing Innes Cameron is coming back. 

Don't. Just don't 😧

Saying that, I'm feeling bad about myself putting the boot in because whatever people's opinions of him are, I always felt that he did usually put a shift in. My negativity isn't towards him personally but, rather, the style of play - launching it up to 'the big man'.

I'd be interested to see how Reilly and Paton could work together. Maybe they'll not be physical enough for our league but then again, maybe it would make us play more progressive football through our midfield. I thought that was when we were at our best last season (I know it was only for about three 20 minute spells!).