The Queen of the South thread

9 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Stenhousemuir FC have signed Niyah Joseph.

I don't know too much about him but what can we expect? Is he "good"? Can he do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stranraer?

He might be no bad in league 2 but was nowhere good enough for the Scottish championship. He is still young tho I suppose. 

14 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I don't know too much about him but what can we expect? Is he "good"? Can he do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stranraer?

I doubt you’re going to get much in the way of positive feedback I’m afraid! Looked lost anytime he appeared for us but might do ok in League 2 I suppose.

18 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Just echoing what others have said ... looked lost at Championship level but moving down to L2 might work for him.

Loves running the ball out the park the boy

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Good luck, he showed some flashes of a player being in there somewhere but wasn’t given enough of a chance and mostly when he did he was poor. League 2 maybe closer to his level, who knows we might resign him when we get there. 

Edited by Broony88

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

He might be no bad in league 2 but was nowhere good enough for the Scottish championship. He is still young tho I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Dougie Mills said:

I doubt you’re going to get much in the way of positive feedback I’m afraid! Looked lost anytime he appeared for us but might do ok in League 2 I suppose.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Just echoing what others have said ... looked lost at Championship level but moving down to L2 might work for him.

44 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Loves running the ball out the park the boy

15 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Good luck, he showed some flashes of a player being in there somewhere but wasn’t given enough of a chance and mostly when he did he was poor. League 2 maybe closer to his level, who knows we might resign him when we get there. 

Hell yeah! I'm sure he'll do us a decent turn, perhaps. Does he play on the right wing, aye?

17 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Hell yeah! I'm sure he'll do us a decent turn, perhaps. Does he play on the right wing, aye?

Not sure he ever played wide for us. Was usually central, either as a striker, number 10 or in midfield. 

I think that was part of his problem, it wasn't clear what his best position was. 

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

No home friendliest have been announced. All away, Raith and Hamilton and Kilmarnock away but that ones closed doors. 

Jeez....  I know these are said to be all about getting up to fitness and getting players to gel together, but could they have possibly contrived a less inspiring set of fixtures?

Edited by louisxiv

15 minutes ago, louisxiv said:

Jeez....  I know these are said to be all about getting up to fitness and getting players to gel together, but could they have possibly contrived a less inspiring set of fixtures?

3 fixtures, all against opponents from a higher level than ourselves. That’s a decent set of games, imo. 

Unlucky. An absolute shitebag of a player. No idea how he got a gig at Championship level tbh and think he'd be out his depth in L1. I can recall one good performance from him as a lone striker up at ICT. You might get a better idea of what he's like if you ask Annan fans. He played for them at L2 level and it might be a fairer account of how he could do for you.

Have to say, they could announce home games against Liverpool and Barcelona and I'd be as excited as I am about the ones announced. Really couldn't care less about friendlies. The reality is the League Cup games are basically glorified friendlies for us anyway.

5 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

He runs about like a headless chicken, can't find teammates with a pass, is prone to making rash challenges and as qos1990 says he has a habit of running the ball out of play.  I can recall him having one good game - the ICT one - in 34 appearances and his only goal was a beauty in a dead rubber league cup game.  He does have tattoos and an alice-band though so at least looks the part.

3 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Not sure he ever played wide for us. Was usually central, either as a striker, number 10 or in midfield. 

I think that was part of his problem, it wasn't clear what his best position was. 

It certainly wasn't on the pitch.