The Queen of the South thread

Am I not right in thinking that there was a rumour of Broadfoot coming to Queens at this time last year and that there was a strong reaction on this forum against it? Or possibly in 2020, it's got flipping impossible to get a grip on time since the pandemic arrived!

10 minutes ago, oldhat said:

Am I not right in thinking that there was a rumour of Broadfoot coming to Queens at this time last year and that there was a strong reaction on this forum against it? Or possibly in 2020, it's got flipping impossible to get a grip on time since the pandemic arrived!

Sure he actually played as a trialist last pre-season but got a better offer from ICT.  

At the time, I was glad - in hindsight, we could’ve done with him!

Think Broadfoot is 38 in August. Age would probably be against him next season at Championship level, but another season at a lower level (ie L1) might work where his experience might offset his inevitable loss of pace. Maybe his last season?

22 minutes ago, oldhat said:

It was last year. I’m not sure there was a strong reaction against it.

He’d be a quality signing for this league. 

4 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Friendly confirmed away to  RRFC. Wednesday 29th June. Confirmed on Raith website. Fans allowed 👍

Chance for a wee bit of revenge after the Diddy cup, I’d have preferred you guys away on a Saturday, I enjoy a trip to Dumfries but with it being a Wednesday I guess Home game is better. 

This is terrible news. I have enjoyed a few beers with Armo over the years. He was a great guy and will be missed by many.

Edited by qos_75