The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Weclome back, How was Ruari Paton and Nditi for you lot last season? We were rumoured to be signing Paton last summer and Nditi looked like a decent option when he was at Forfar.

Paton will be a big player for us next year, he’s only young and the jump from League 2 to Championship might have been a bit big if we were to rely on him as a regular starter. He’s looked good in spells and clearly has a bit about him. Nditi was our best player early on in season and looked very good, but our manager moving him from position to position drained his confidence and he was never the same player. He was a total bombscare at the end of the season, but I still wish we kept him for this season but Gibson clearly doesn’t fancy him.

Guest Flash
50 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Normally they move it across on GTF day which I think is today, think someone's just created this prematurely.

Aye, he probably forgot because it is that long since we moved anywhere.
@Homer Thompson could you merge the threads? 

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Paton was hot and cold, great attitude though and someone who will improve, got another years deal for us. Nditi I was good to begin with then crap and never got a look in towards end of season

Nditi, started the season well then.....prone to the odd mistake and being out of position, give him the chance and he has 3 red cards in him a season. 

Well I'd rather not be here but at least it should make for a different season. It was getting tedious for even the diehards spending a season watching us try and avoid 10th spot. At least we should be looking up next season. Regardless of the division, if we have a good season we'll likely see better crowds next season than we would if we were in another scrap at the bottom of the Championship. Looking forward to it just now. See how many games it takes for my enthusiasm to go [emoji38]

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well I'd rather not be here but at least it should make for a different season. It was getting tedious for even the diehards spending a season watching us try and avoid 10th spot. At least we should be looking up next season. Regardless of the division, if we have a good season we'll likely see better crowds next season than we would if we were in another scrap at the bottom of the Championship. Looking forward to it just now. See how many games it takes for my enthusiasm to go emoji38.png

I’m guessing a home defeat to Annan with Tommy Goss grabbing the winner will suck all the enthusiasm right out!

Edited by Dougie Mills

I was like a wean lost in a Supermarket there, went on the Championship Forum and coulnae find the Queens thread. Anyway it'll be nice (or maybe not) to meet new faces and re-acquaint with some old ones, are Falkirk really still here? Bring it on. 

I did the same...pastures new. While it'll be nice to see us winning games we'll be up against some really good teams so it certainly won't be like the last time in this league.  Just a pity Annan didn't make it to add a little more edge to the campaign.

I was like a wean lost in a Supermarket there, went on the Championship Forum and coulnae find the Queens thread. Anyway it'll be nice (or maybe not) to meet new faces and re-acquaint with some old ones, are Falkirk really still here? Bring it on. 

Still here, yes. As some fans have said on the Dunfermline thread, welcome to Hell.

5 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Hello doonhamers, I'm looking forward to a wee visit to Palmerston this season, possibly generalising here but always thought you were a pretty hospitable bunch..

Must be going back 12-13 years since we were last in the same league as the Doonhamers!