The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, madton said:

What's Darragh O'Connor like? Local paper saying he is set to sign for Morton today.

Gutted if this happens. He was terrible the first few games but he’d arrived at us after just recovering from an injury which kept him out a few months. After the first few games he was brilliant for us, no disrespect intended but thought he would have got a better deal than Morton 

13 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Gutted if this happens. He was terrible the first few games but he’d arrived at us after just recovering from an injury which kept him out a few months. After the first few games he was brilliant for us, no disrespect intended but thought he would have got a better deal than Morton 

disrespect away...

Confirmed.

https://www.gmfc.net/darragh-oconnor-signs-pre-contract-agreement/

55 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Just picking up on @19QOS19's post over on the L1 squad thread where he notes that (Skyline) hasn't been seen much on our threads lately.  I'm assuming that he's been telt by the club to stop providing his club insights (hope there's nothing wrong with the guy healthwise) on social media.  Shame, as his insights (not just re QOS but also in terms of the administration of the game) were helpful (and probably helpful to fans of other clubs as well).

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah hopefully nothing to do with his health of course but he hasn't been seen since he told us how much money the club had in the bank. Soon after that AJ was sacked. Could of course be pure coincidence but if they are in any way linked he should make a reappearance so we can thank him emoji14.png

45 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

If that info came from SD, that probably does explain his recent absence - although I'm sure he'd probably have argued that it was presumably in the public domain anyway ... annual accounts etc.

I've not been told anything. I chose to stop posting in February. It will be staying that way (for now anyway), though I may get around to updating the Managers thread on Infowire at some point.

And it shouldn't need saying but I certainly did not, and would not, quote any numbers which were not in the public domain. The club's bank balance had been published by then.

Guest Flash
18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've not been told anything. I chose to stop posting in February. It will be staying that way (for now anyway), though I may get around to updating the Managers thread on Infowire at some point.

And it shouldn't need saying but I certainly did not, and would not, quote any numbers which were not in the public domain. The club's bank balance had been published by then.

Good news. :P

That puts an end to that possibility. Doubt I'll ever see a player as good in a QoS jersey in my life. A truly outstanding talent and it meant that bit more that he clearly loves the club as well. Hopefully we get him back at some point for a proper send off. 52587c49179bcfd20223eaacac8dd4b9.jpg

11 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

The best I’ve ever seen, the best I’ll ever see. Once in a lifetime player. 

He never played for my team (Partick Thistle) but after watching him score 5 against us in reserve match for Rangers many years ago I have followed his career throughout. Such a fantastic player and brilliant striker. The Queens fans are so lucky to watch him play so often. He loves your club and quite rightly you love him. A superb talent.

49 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That puts an end to that possibility. Doubt I'll ever see a player as good in a QoS jersey in my life. A truly outstanding talent and it meant that bit more that he clearly loves the club as well. Hopefully we get him back at some point for a proper send off. 52587c49179bcfd20223eaacac8dd4b9.jpg

Time waits for no man as the saying goes.

What a ridiculously talented player and a nice guy into the bargain.  To have seen him play for Queens in two spells has been a fabulous experience.

So many memories ... that touch and finish for the first goal against Dundee in the quarter final, scoring four against Clyde and being taken off after an hour when he was just unplayable and double figures were on the cards, spinning Kevin Rutkiewicz like a top at McDermid Park and then going straight back and spinning him again just because he could ... the list is endless.

The word legend is simply insufficient!

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've not been told anything. I chose to stop posting in February. It will be staying that way (for now anyway) ...

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Good news. :P

Not sure.  I know that SD wasn't flavour of the month with everyone on here, but I felt he gave us occasional unique insights into the operation of the club (and the Scottish game) and would steer our views back onto the right track when we were heading down the wrong path through lack of information or specific knowledge.  I also think his posts gave an extra dimension to the club over and above what could reasonably be put out on the club's OS, and that source of extra information will be missed.  I've no doubt that it has been a difficult line to tread and probably wasn't always with the blessing of the BOD.  Hope he returns to the forum at some point.

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Not sure.  I know that SD wasn't flavour of the month with everyone on here, but I felt he gave us occasional unique insights into the operation of the club (and the Scottish game) and would steer our views back onto the right track when we were heading down the wrong path through lack of information or specific knowledge.  I also think his posts gave an extra dimension to the club over and above what could reasonably be put out on the club's OS, and that source of extra information will be missed.  I've no doubt that it has been a difficult line to tread and probably wasn't always with the blessing of the BOD.  Hope he returns to the forum at some point.

I was only kidding him on.
League Cup Group F - St.Johnstone, Ayr, Queens, Annan and Elgin.
Two derbies to look forward to.

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

League Cup Group F - St.Johnstone, Ayr, Queens, Annan and Elgin.
Two derbies to look forward to.

Sssh!  Ayr might be watching ... 🙂

9 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Broadfoot has left Inverness to be nearer the Central Belt, hopefully a player we are looking at.

Already knocked back Queens last season after a trial game in the Championship so would doubt he'd end up at Palmerston in League One.

1 minute ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Already knocked back Queens last season after a trial game in the Championship so would doubt he'd end up at Palmerston in League One.

Yeah I know that, just wondered as he’s another year older whether he’ll still get offers from Championship teams.

Don’t think it’ll come down to league, it’ll come down to the cash on offer

Don’t think it’ll come down to league, it’ll come down to the cash on offer

Indeed. I doubt the players at Cove/Kelty/Queens Park have been there because they had a hankering to play in L1/L2.

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

He was an excellent poster on here, and not just because he could bring a bit of an insider's perspective.

He wrote well and was knowledgeable generally.  In the earlier days of the forum, he used to always feature highly in polls for the best poster.  It's a sign of this place's descent that he's no longer as highly regarded.

I used to argue with him lots, but I always found it  interesting.  I hope he does start posting more regularly again at some point.  The Queens thread would certainly benefit.

6 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

The best I’ve ever seen, the best I’ll ever see. Once in a lifetime player. 

I feel lucky that I got to see him for a few years I will never see a player as good again play for Queens.

A true Legend hopefully we can get him back as a coach if not the club has to organise a proper send off for him he deserves that .

Great man as well you  would not meet someone  more friendly and helpful