The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, QOSQOS said:

I’m happy with the management team. There was enough in the new manager ‘bounce’ and the last 3 games to encourage, and aside from the Arbroath game we were a bit unlucky in that losing streak in the middle. Willie interviews well, and frankly there was no-one else out there that excites.

Roll on next season, when do season tickets go on sale?

After decades of watching Queens, you’d think my hopeless optimism would have been been cured by now…..!

I’m happy enough with the new management set up. 
I don’t accept we were unlucky in the losing streak you mention though. We were the worst side in a poor quality division. Luck had little to do with how we fared. 

31 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’m happy enough with the new management set up. 
I don’t accept we were unlucky in the losing streak you mention though. We were the worst side in a poor quality division. Luck had little to do with how we fared. 

Aye agreed, if luck is the same as persisting with a bunch of strikers who can't score then we were unlucky. If we were unlucky it was a couple of key players picking up injuries but even that should not have impacted if the squad was better. 

Not arsed about the ones leaving other than Dunn. Quite gutted he hasn't been kept on as I thought he'd looked handy.

Nditi was probably more shit than good when you look overall so I'm not going to lose sleep over him going but do think there's a player in there.

The most concerning thing for me is no mention of Joseph on that list.

Not arsed about the ones leaving other than Dunn. Quite gutted he hasn't been kept on as I thought he'd looked handy.

Nditi was probably more shit than good when you look overall so I'm not going to lose sleep over him going but do think there's a player in there.

Yes I think Nditi has potential. I was hoping he would stay but wasn't expecting him to considering how little he has been selected in the last few games.

Guest Flash

Is that the first time Queens have provided a list of players who have left? Is it not normally a case of not knowing whether they’re away or not until they either re-sign or pop up somewhere else?
Anyway, glad to see both the list and its contents.

47 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Don’t think I can handle another season of watching Joseph try and kick a ball

Is that the first time Queens have provided a list of players who have left? Is it not normally a case of not knowing whether they’re away or not until they either re-sign or pop up somewhere else?
Anyway, glad to see both the list and its contents.

Aye it's quite unusual. I think they did it years ago but in recent times I can't recall it being done.
Don’t think I can handle another season of watching Joseph try and kick a ball

Same. I'll be both disappointed and fizzing if he re-signs. Gibson is a good footballer so he surely can't look at Joseph and see anything worth keeping.

4 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Debayo was the worst defender I've seen for years. Literally the number of his mistakes relegated us.

Harsh, I'm not saying he was good but I would say our failure to score goals and a powder puff midfield contributed more to our downfall. 

Debayo was the worst defender I've seen for years. Literally the number of his mistakes relegated us.
Harsh, I'm not saying he was good but I would say our failure to score goals and a powder puff midfield contributed more to our downfall. 
This. Debayo was a bombscare but our inability to take our chances is what cost us this season. I wouldn't even say Debayo was our worst player throughout the season. Glad he's gone though.

10 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

So that leaves Rae, Fitzpatrick, Connelly, East, Joseph and McGrory. Would be happy is some of them stay. Joseph needs to leave though. 

Agreed. Pretty clear Gibson didn't rate any of our so called strikers, just need to hope he's got his eye on better alternatives ... shouldn't be too hard really.

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Think Debayo looked decent in one of our later games ... was it the home game v Partick? That apart ... some howlers.

26 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

So that leaves Rae, Fitzpatrick, Connelly, East, Joseph and McGrory. Would be happy is some of them stay. Joseph needs to leave though. 

Cooper & McKechnie too.  Decent enough players but fitness would be a worry in both cases.

Is McMahon classed as a first team squad member?

Can't see Joseph having more than a bit part role if he stays (hopefully not), the question is would he be happier being a benchfiller or going part time, because I wouldn't think any other club would be daft enough to offer him a F/T deal.

Edited by Slipmat

Aye it'll come down to fitness with them pair. Cooper looks alright played further up.

Cooper & McKechnie too.  Decent enough players but fitness would be a worry in both cases.
Is McMahon classed as a first team squad member?
Can't see Joseph having more than a bit part role if he stays (hopefully not), the question is would he be happier being a benchfiller or going part time, because I wouldn't think any other club would be daft enough to offer him a F/T deal.