The Queen of the South thread

6 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

A decent sport scientist won't come cheap. Better just to sign players with a wee bit of bottle.

We have had one for most of the last decade at least, I think this year's the only year we've not had one since 2012/2013 at least. 

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 hours ago, Otis Blue said:
Did he say if he'd play another season himself? Must have missed it if he did ...

The question wasn't asked. Colour me shocked our amazing interviewer never asked it...

Aye, I kept waiting for the answer to that question but it never came.  Thought to myself that must surely have been one of the top questions on her list.  I don't like to criticise Sandra as I know she's a fan of the club and probably takes no payment for what she does, but I sometimes think a wee bit more prep could come in handy.  She also has a habit of giving the interviewee the answer and then asking him the question - so the poor lad then has to more or less repeat the answer she gave him in the first place ... sorry in advance Sandra, not sure I'd do any better with a camera in front of me!

Watched  Wullie interview on website thought he came across as very positive with he seems to have a clear vision . 
he said he wanted a goalkeeper coach was thinking why not go for Greg fleming from Annan sign as a back up send Charlie cowie there on loan and Greg could do the the coaching as well could work out well 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve offered Muirhead a contract so might not end up with you lot.

People on here seem weirdly confident about it though. I’d imagine he’d get a 2 year deal and captaincy offered if he signs with us, while he’s probably just no more than a squad player with you for next season.

Do you think it’s a 2 year deal he’ll be getting offered?

People on here seem weirdly confident about it though. I’d imagine he’d get a 2 year deal and captaincy offered if he signs with us, while he’s probably just no more than a squad player with you for next season.

Do you think it’s a 2 year deal he’ll be getting offered?

I’d imagine we’ll give him a 2 year deal plus a starting spot either at RB or CB. Genuinely not that fussed if he goes though.

We’ve offered Muirhead a contract so might not end up with you lot.

I’d imagine we’ll give him a 2 year deal plus a starting spot either at RB or CB. Genuinely not that fussed if he goes though.

I'm in the same boat tbh. If he signs he should be a steady enough player at this level but if he doesn't I won't be devastated. I'm more surprised there haven't been rumours he's heading back to Annan tbh. The story I've heard is he's going to be working for some building company down here. Clearly he can't do that and remain FT.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s absolutely brutal at right back anytime I’ve seen him. If he joins, hope we just play him centre half

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm in the same boat tbh. If he signs he should be a steady enough player at this level but if he doesn't I won't be devastated. I'm more surprised there haven't been rumours he's heading back to Annan tbh. The story I've heard is he's going to be working for some building company down here. Clearly he can't do that and remain FT.

He’s been FT with Ayr United and helping out with his friends building company for some time now. 

I'm sure Wullie will know himself if he feels capable of playing in a lower division and managing too. Of course he could still register as a player even if he wasn't intending to be a regular starter. 

I’m happy with the management team. There was enough in the new manager ‘bounce’ and the last 3 games to encourage, and aside from the Arbroath game we were a bit unlucky in that losing streak in the middle. Willie interviews well, and frankly there was no-one else out there that excites.

Roll on next season, when do season tickets go on sale?

After decades of watching Queens, you’d think my hopeless optimism would have been been cured by now…..!

48 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

After decades of watching Queens, you’d think my hopeless optimism would have been been cured by now…..!

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much ... its just a symptom of the fitba' fans disease we all suffer from; its a chronic condition, there is no cure and we just have to learn to live with it.  Next October will probably provide the necessary antidote to your optimism.  Best of luck with it.