The Queen of the South thread

When Mark Kerr got the Ayr job he played for a while at the beginning but it didn't really work, and we never replaced him on the park which ended up being a big problem.
Gibson looks like he'd easily play L1 level so if he keeps playing hopefully it'll work better for you than it did for Kerr and Ayr.

Appointing Gibson has disaster written all over it. Cameron was an automatic starter, Connelly was played out of position and Folarin hardly got any minutes. He wants more experience in the side. I hate to think what jobbers he's going to sign up for next season.

34 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Appointing Gibson has disaster written all over it. Cameron was an automatic starter, Connelly was played out of position and Folarin hardly got any minutes. He wants more experience in the side. I hate to think what jobbers he's going to sign up for next season.

Give the guy a chance he deserves that .

He talks a very good game time will tell if he is up to the job.

My worry is his lack of experience massive job trying to build a squad good enough to win League 1

4 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

My worry is his lack of experience massive job trying to build a squad good enough to win League 1

Grant Murray has experience managing in League One. Wullie kept talking about experienced players who would “make a difference” in the interview, wonder who they are.

33 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

You’re like a broken record Jack. 

Gibson is saying he's looking to hire a goalkeeping coach and a sports scientist for next season. It feels strange that these upgrades to the backroom staff are happening upon relegation when you'd assume budgets will be lower than before.

I also liked him saying that he's identified a few reserve players that can play with the senior squad next season. But we all already knew that he speaks well, I just really hope he succeeds on the pitch as well.

1 minute ago, Doonhamer19 said:

Gibson is saying he's looking to hire a goalkeeping coach and a sports scientist for next season. It feels strange that these upgrades to the backroom staff are happening upon relegation when you'd assume budgets will be lower than before.

I also liked him saying that he's identified a few reserve players that can play with the senior squad next season. But we all already knew that he speaks well, I just really hope he succeeds on the pitch as well.

The difference in the style of play suggests to me that he can coach the players he has well. I know results didn’t improve significantly but to me the performances and work effort did from the team. That just leaves whether he’s capable of recruiting his own players and building his own squad. Time will tell

1 minute ago, Kunter said:

He deserves the chance. Not convinced it will end well though.

Notice he said as well to win the league, and the statement mentioned that. Time for the board to back him accordingly then! 

Just now, QoS99 said:

Notice he said as well to win the league, and the statement mentioned that. Time for the board to back him accordingly then! 

The regime in charge is going to be his main achilles heal. 

Did he say if he'd play another season himself? Must have missed it if he did ...
The question wasn't asked. Colour me shocked our amazing interviewer never asked it...

1 hour ago, Doonhamer19 said:

A decent sport scientist won't come cheap. Better just to sign players with a wee bit of bottle.