The Queen of the South thread

19 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Marcus Fjortoft rumoured to be joining Queens....

Hopefully that one stays as a rumour, he's not the Ayr defender I'd be wanting.

Edit: I also don't see the point in looking too much into rumours when we don't even know who our manager is going to be yet, or which of the current squad members are signing up. That has to be the priority for the club.

Edited by Doonhamer19

Aye, there's something not right behind the scenes there. Still, I've always liked the football McGlynn's teams have played ...and I'm sure Falkirk will get their shit together sometime. Doesn't give me a good feeling this.

Yes, we dont want our rivals appointing competent managers. So it looks like Airdrie, Montrose, Queens Park ( if none of them go up) as well as Falkirk & Kelty are all going to be decent next season. Gulp.

I'm hoping to win the league next season of course but I think the playoffs are a much more realistic target. I'll be happy missing out on promotion in exchange for us building something for the season after. Falkirk have to get their shit together soon enough but as for the other sides we'll need to wait and see if they can be consistent. As for Queens Park and Kelty it will depend on who they bring in. The players they currently have certainly don't put the fear of god into me.

18 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

You won’t be signing Muirhead either £200 a week in wages difference from last year and I presume less again this season.

Is there talk he could get a new deal at Ayr?

52 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Is there talk he could get a new deal at Ayr?

I'd be surprised if he wasn't offered one.  Doesn't mean he would sign it of course especially if he maybe wasn't going to be a first choice starter. 

At least gives clarity and the promise of the squad being assembled sooner rather than later, already talking to players etc ... I'll take this as positive news for us. 👍

Fair enough I suppose.  Neither delighted or sorry to see them getting a go.

To be honest, I'd be disappointed to see Gibson quit playing.  I get the point about the challenges of combining the roles, but he was still a very good player at the level above where we'll be.  Time will inevitably catch him as it did Dobbie.  That's not yet evident though, and it seems daft to voluntarily surrender a good player that we've already got.

It's not as if acquiring new ones is going to be easy.