The Queen of the South thread

Goss looked absolutely garbage when he was at us.

I recognise that our aspirations won't be too high but we should look higher than jobbers like Goss.

Pybus was a bit of a random shout to be honest.
Goss has scored 12 goals for Annan in League 2 so if they don't get promoted I think we should look at him. We need squad players and he definitely wouldn't be our worst option. I think we have to remember we're dropping down a division so there isn't as big a step up in quality as before.

41 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Mine are:

Gibson one year deal as player/manager

Contracts: Rae, East, Connelly, Fitzpatrick, McGrory,.

Transfers- Muirhead, Gavin Reilly, Owen Moxen, Grant Savoury, Matty Yates, Euan Henderson (loan), Mouhamed Niang

Think our transfer model should be older players dropping down from the Championship and good younger players from League 1 and 2

Gibson, what a right back he still is. I've watched a few of his interviews of late and he has the passion for the managerial position evidently. I like how he shows that and doesn't give stock media trained answers. Clearly I'm looking from the outside in but a 1 year deal to prove his worth seems a very plausible idea.

I like that transfer list. From what I've seen this season Savoury, Henderson and Niang have all impressed. Kyle Connell from Killie, who is about to be out of contract is similar in style to Henderson and a very worthy alternative. He's not got the plaudits as much as East Fife have struggled.

Was a rumour Matty Yates is linked to Kelty but might be just that.

I rate Josh Rae. Interesting to see if you can hold onto him. Thought Sol Brynn was a standout too early in the season.

15 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Gibson, what a right back he still is. I've watched a few of his interviews of late and he has the passion for the managerial position evidently. I like how he shows that and doesn't give stock media trained answers. Clearly I'm looking from the outside in but a 1 year deal to prove his worth seems a very plausible idea.

I like that transfer list. From what I've seen this season Savoury, Henderson and Niang have all impressed. Kyle Connell from Killie, who is about to be out of contract is similar in style to Henderson and a very worthy alternative. He's not got the plaudits as much as East Fife have struggled.

Was a rumour Matty Yates is linked to Kelty but might be just that.

I rate Josh Rae. Interesting to see if you can hold onto him. Thought Sol Brynn was a standout too early in the season.

Think it is extremely unlikely we keep Rae again, one of the better keepers in the Championship in my opinion. There was a rumour on here I seen that Carlisle were looking at him as well.

Edited by QoS99

4 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Think it is extremely unlikely we keep Rae again, one of the better keeps in the Championship in my opinion. There was a rumour on here I seen that Carlisle were looking at him as well.

He's definitely got a promising career ahead of him. Hopefully he fullfils that potential. I think we'll be in the market for a keeper and would like to see us go for a similar quality keeper this summer. 

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He's definitely got a promising career ahead of him. Hopefully he fullfils that potential. I think we'll be in the market for a keeper and would like to see us go for a similar quality keeper this summer. 

I think he'll be at a Premiership Club in the next year or two. You forget how young he is as well, he's still only 21. Think that could be realistic signing for you since he's already played up your end of the country with Peterhead previously. 

9 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

I think he'll be at a Premiership Club in the next year or two. You forget how young he is as well, he's still only 21. Think that could be realistic signing for you since he's already played up your end of the country with Peterhead previously. 

Agreed.

I hope he's one we are looking at. Would be a very good signing and a marked improvement over McKenzie. Hopefully we've not pulled the trigger on Mutch as rumours might suggest.

We can offer Rae regular 1st team football hopefully that keeps him at Queens he is only 21 he has time to get a move to a bigger club .

Think Rae and Connelly are the 2 we will find difficult to keep hold of .

The other 3  I would offer a deal to  is Fizpartrick McGory and East in that order .Muirhead is a bit of a hot head but he is type of defender we need aggressive.

He wants to go part time this is why we should have that  option   we have to get away from the we must be full time like it somehow gives us a advantage over part time teams.

Hopefully O,Connor will be availble doubtful but he was easily our best loan signing .

Gavin Reilly is available he is leaving Livi but I think he will stay at Morton unless we offer him a very good contract .

Edited by Greenacres

My heart - wants Gibson to get the job. Cos he's a local boy, so passionate about the club/town and I want him to succeed.

My head - worries it'll be too soon for him and that he'd be better playing one more year at a lower level as our assistant and where he'd still shine, help the lesser experienced players during the games and yet gain good management experience in parallel to set him up further down the line.

Glad it's not my decision ... 🫤

Tommy goss signed new deal at annan was announced yesterday after game . 
also told moxen signing for Hartlepool. 
have watched Annan a few times this season I would go for two of there players was three but moxen away else where . 
tony Wallace midfielder and scores goals . 
scot hooper really think he would do well for us in league one 

59 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Tommy goss signed new deal at annan was announced yesterday after game . 
also told moxen signing for Hartlepool. 
have watched Annan a few times this season I would go for two of there players was three but moxen away else where . 
tony Wallace midfielder and scores goals . 
scot hooper really think he would do well for us in league one 

Scot Hooper is another who wants to stay part time as he has a good job with Mark Jardine .

Why come to Queens full time when he can make more with his job and part time football .

A lot more good players are turning to part time who we could get if we  offer them that option 

Arbroath were (probably) spending more money than us as a semi professional outfit last year, or at least similar. I wouldn't want us to go semi pro but I don't see the problem with getting in a semi professionnal player if they're good enough and that's what they want. On the whole I think we would be better off staying as a full time club to allow for a smooth running training schedule, so exceptions should only be made in rare cases.

Edited by Doonhamer19

At the moment I'm more interested in who's being retained from this season's squad.  Once we know that we can speculate all summer long about who else we would like to see coming in to fill certain positions.  I would say though that the worrying thing for me when it does come to signing new players is the BoD stating after the AGM that they want to build a squad with more local connections - I'm not sure that there is sufficient local talent around to go down that avenue, even if we include Muirhead, Reilly and the ex-QOS contingent at Galabank.

1 hour ago, Doonhamer19 said:

Arbroath were (probably) spending more money than us as a semi professional outfit last year, or at least similar. I wouldn't want us to go semi pro but I don't see the problem with getting in a semi professionnal player if they're good enough and that's what they want. On the whole I think we would be better off staying as a full time club to allow for a smooth running training schedule, so exceptions should only be made in rare cases.

Arbroath are part time, not semi pro

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

My heart - wants Gibson to get the job. Cos he's a local boy, so passionate about the club/town and I want him to succeed.

My head - worries it'll be too soon for him and that he'd be better playing one more year at a lower level as our assistant and where he'd still shine, help the lesser experienced players during the games and yet gain good management experience in parallel to set him up further down the line.

Glad it's not my decision ... 🫤

Do you think they'll appoint Murray with Gibson as his assistant so he'll continue to play?

2 hours ago, Slipmat said:

At the moment I'm more interested in who's being retained from this season's squad.  Once we know that we can speculate all summer long about who else we would like to see coming in to fill certain positions.  I would say though that the worrying thing for me when it does come to signing new players is the BoD stating after the AGM that they want to build a squad with more local connections - I'm not sure that there is sufficient local talent around to go down that avenue, even if we include Muirhead, Reilly and the ex-QOS contingent at Galabank.

Clubs don't retain players like they used. At the end of their contract the player no longer has a contract with the club and at that stage a couple of things may happen. The player may be offered  new contract and signs, offered a new contractor but does not sign or is offered a contract from another club.

The days of clubs releasing players is long gone and it a case that contracts have expired