The Queen of the South thread

10 hours ago, queenslad said:

What has happened to Aly Roy last two games - injured?

As poor as Roy is, and I know it's a very low bar, I would say he could have been our best striker with the benefit a good run of games. He's probably pissed off that a "striker" like Innes Cameron is an automatic pick over him ( and everyone else). Of course our preference for a big lump of a target man up front, however useless, probably limited Roy's chances too. Am I right in saying that, had Cameron finished last nights game, he would have played every minute of every game he was available for? What was his strike record or assist record? 

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

As poor as Roy is, and I know it's a very low bar, I would say he could have been our best striker with the benefit a good run of games. He's probably pissed off that a "striker" like Innes Cameron is an automatic pick over him ( and everyone else). Of course our preference for a big lump of a target man up front, however useless, probably limited Roy's chances too. Am I right in saying that, had Cameron finished last nights game, he would have played every minute of every game he was available for? What was his strike record or assist record? 

4 league goals and 1 assist in 29 appearances. I goal and 0 assists in 6 cup games. According to transfer market. 

Guest Flash
55 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

45 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

4 league goals and 1 assist in 29 appearances. I goal and 0 assists in 6 cup games. According to transfer market. 

He scored one of the league goals and the cup goal for Killie.
He scored 3 league goals in 23 games for Queens, all of them in his first spell of 10 games, the last one on 18 December.
After returning, he played 13 games and scored zero goals for Queens, although he did manage to score one for Arbroath. He was subbed late on in the 2-1 win against ICT as well as last night and maybe a couple of times in his first spell. He started every game he was available for.

44 minutes ago, Doonhamer70 said:

Hopefully thats the last time I ever witness Innes Cameron in a QOS shirt.

How he started the amount of games he did is beyond me

When we had him on loan last season he came in played quite well for about a game and a half then resorted to being anonymous spent the rest of his time on the bench until switching to Alloa. Oh and we had a pretty rubbish team at the time.

53 minutes ago, Flash said:

He scored 3 league goals in 23 games for Queens, all of them in his first spell of 10 games, the last one on 18 December.
After returning, he played 13 games and scored zero goals for Queens, although he did manage to score one for Arbroath. He was subbed late on in the 2-1 win against ICT as well as last night and maybe a couple of times in his first spell. He started every game he was available for.

Cheers. Completely forgot he’d scored a couple of goals for Killie. It really is an abysmal record. Utterly mental he started every game he was available for. 

26 minutes ago, Doonhamer70 said:

When are we moving to the board downstair

GTF Day will only arrive after everything has been settled at all levels. It'll be a while yet.

Last year, it wasn't until the 6th of June.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

2 hours ago, Flash said:

He was subbed off in four games in his first spell, and last night was the sole occasion during his second.

I'd like to think that starting him in every game he was available for could only have been due to the conditions of his loan deal, but that doesn't explain why we persisted all season with the tactic of making him the target recipient of nearly every throw in when at best all he managed to do was nod the ball into mid air on a vertical trajectory, but more often to a waiting nearby opponent.  I would think that tactic turned over possession to the opposition virtually every time it was used, ie had the relative success rate of a Rhys McCabe long throw.

The management teams may have been forced to select him but also seemed to be oblivious to his failings or saw a completely different player to the supporters.

Talking of goalscorers , I see the legend that is Derek Lyle - one of our best ever - is hanging up his boots today.  

I will never forget his goal vs Rangers in April 2051  - superb technique - and his controlled volley at home to Falkirk a few days later both of which cemented our place in the play-offs. 

Have to also mention his header at Ibrox that levelled the tie in the play offs.  He laid it out wide to Danny then made his run into the box to get on the end of the cross ahead of several defenders and he almost got us back into it after Rangers had scored with his exquisite curling effort to the 'postage stamp' that Vuckic just managed to keep out with his head.  THOSE WERE THE DAYS !

Could have done with him this season given the woeful return from our so called strikers !

Talking of goalscorers , I see the legend that is Derek Lyle - one of our best ever - is hanging up his boots today.  
I will never forget his goal vs Rangers in April 2051  - superb technique

So is he retiring or not?...

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Have changed my mind now think Wullie deserves a chance to be manager next season. 

Still not confident he has the experience to build a squad but give him a 1 year deal then if things don't go well we can change it .

If you can make one post without banging on about experience, I'll give you a million, billion pounds 

22 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

If you can make one post without banging on about experience, I'll give you a million, billion pounds 

The reason we are down is lack of experience it is crucial worth a million billion pounds .