The Queen of the South thread

21 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

The new Cup Final ‘top’ is pretty cheap looking with the printed on match details. Basically a jazzed up training top 🙄

It couldn't possibly be more cheap and tacky than the top where you had a JPEG image on the collar tbh.

Granted not their most heinous crime of late, but I think it's at best a bit of a brass neck, at worst pretty damn offensive of the club to expect fans to fork out for a commemorative shirt given the current financial climate and general catastrofuck of the past few years.  The fact the top is a complete shocker doesn't help.

Hats off to them for continuing to find new ways of showing their complete disdain for the supporters though, it is quite a talent.

Getting the new top though, aye?

Granted not their most heinous crime of late, but I think it's at best a bit of a brass neck, at worst pretty damn offensive of the club to expect fans to fork out for a commemorative shirt given the current financial climate and general catastrofuck of the past few years.  The fact the top is a complete shocker doesn't help.
Hats off to them for continuing to find new ways of showing their complete disdain for the supporters though, it is quite a talent.

7 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

All the club have done is have a commemorative Cup Final shirt for sale .

Some fans like me will buy the shirt some fans will not but at least the club are giving you a option.

How you think it is offensive I have no idea.

We made a huge mistake appointing Wullie like the squad he just does not have the experience to be a manager yet.

If this is AJ we all say what a poor manager he is but because Wullie is local nobody says a bad word about him .

Need a complete clear out sorry but starting with Wullie.

36 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

We made a huge mistake appointing Wullie like the squad he just does not have the experience to be a manager yet.

If this is AJ we all say what a poor manager he is but because Wullie is local nobody says a bad word about him .

He has inherited the shite that AJ signed - Jurgen Klopp couldn’t mould these useless fuckers into a winning team.

44 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Who do you suggest would do a better job with the squad that is in place? 

Negative nonsense from you as usual.

Guest Flash
8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Seems appropriate for this player group TBH. 

If it has a yellow streak down the back it will be perfect.

Well I think WG will realise he made a huge mistake with today's line up. Why Liddle instead of Cochrane. What does big Innes gives us in this team. It is just an excuse for players to punt the ball up the pitch. Why Connelly off at half time he is the only one with something different. God knows how he will line up next week 

You'd assume (hope) Cochrane decision due to fitness.

Well I think WG will realise he made a huge mistake with today's line up. Why Liddle instead of Cochrane. What does big Innes gives us in this team. It is just an excuse for players to punt the ball up the pitch. Why Connelly off at half time he is the only one with something different. God knows how he will line up next week 

Is it a problem that when we get down to the business end of the season and needing wins to avoid relegation, that the majority of the squad are either loaned or out of contract in 2 months and so the concept of relegation isn’t likely to be the same motivation that it is for the fans.

Just now, steakpiegravy said:

Is it a problem that when we get down to the business end of the season and needing wins to avoid relegation, that the majority of the squad are either loaned or out of contract in 2 months and so the concept of relegation isn’t likely to be the same motivation that it is for the fans.

Av always thot that... 

If he is fit enough to come on for 45 he is fit enough to start

Not really. He could maybe only manage 45. Same goes for Connolly. There's no way he's taken off unless he isn't 100%. But if Gibson started both those two and took both of them off due to their fitness then he'd be getting pelters for that as well.

I said when he was appointed that Gibson was on a hiding to nothing. All I hoped for were signs of improvement under him. Sadly there hasn't been much in the way of that in an attacking sense but then again you can only pish with the cock you have. Defensively though he has certainly tightened us up at the back and that deserves credit given how we have leaked goals all season. We've yet to lose by more than 1 under WG. We're still losing of course but it puts Northfield's BS to bed that we are just as bad than we were with AJ. Liddle let the side down badly today and I hope no one in the travelling support was stupid enough to applaud him when he left the pitch. I'm not one for shouting at your own players but I think I may well have exploded with him today if I was there.

I'd still be giving the job to WG for next season. It's going to be a hard league and we'll be nowhere near favourites to come up so it's worth giving a rookie a chance to build his own side and see where it takes us.