The Queen of the South thread

It has taken Dunfermline an inordinate amount of time to finally start to take control of their own destiny but it now looks as though they are more than capable of doing that. They should have comfortably seen off Morton on Friday but they have been well up for business tonight. We are going to need multiple wins in the run in and while there are enough games left in theory these weekly cup finals come and go with very little positivity in evidence. If we had 3/4 Willie Gibsons in the park I would give us half a chance. Can only hope that the returning Cochrane and Connelly can make a difference. Willie did say that we were going to adopt a positive attacking outlook - this approach needs to be translated into reality.

51 minutes ago, Benji said:

The inevitable is going to finally happen this year then. Only got ourselves to blame. Goodbye Championship. 

It definitely does look like it this time.  

We've been threatening it long enough.  

Ah, well.

31 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Remember you’ll get your standard 3 points against us at Palmerston 2nd last game of the season. 

And we've got Dunfermline away in the last game but I fear we'll already be adrift by then. 

34 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Shaping up to be a proper derby game that.

I can see that game being significant for you in terms of avoiding 9th.  For us though, I think it's likely that only local pride and bragging rights will be at stake.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we're still alive at that point.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I can see that game being significant for you in terms of avoiding 9th.  For us though, I think it's likely that only local pride and bragging rights will be at stake.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we're still alive at that point.

Still fine margins between the three of us, Pars looking good for 8th at the moment but I expect the merry go round to change on a weekly basis. I expect the rush is on for all of us to secure as many points as possible before we all play each other in the last couple of weeks. none of us want to be going into them being six pointer games.

Guest Flash
11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Remember you’ll get your standard 3 points against us at Palmerston 2nd last game of the season. 

Queens got the standard 6 points against Ayr at Palmerston in 2011/12 and it didn’t stop them from finishing 10th.

That's Dunfermline finally got their shit together, playing well and will pull away now.

Our only (almost) realistic hope remaining is to catch Ayr for 9th and get to the play-offs.  However, to do that I think we'll need to win at least 3 of the last 6 games, and probably really need to win 4.  Given that this is a side that's only won 6 games all season, I guess that we all know deep down that this just ain't gonna happen ... and it ain't starting at Accies on Saturday against a team that's clearly better than us this season and at a venue where we rarely even scrape a point.

So, might as well enjoy the Diddy Cup final now folks.

As for that well known Doonhamer Ian McCall ....

16 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Anyone got the postcode for Grangemouth?

Next season we'll be able to out-bank-balance any club in our division.  F*** your crowdwank, Falkirk - from now on it's all about bankwank!